It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back on ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   
**Please move if needed... Literally had no idea where to put this**

Hey ATS,

After a "Hiatus" if you will, I have logged back in and come back to be an active member on ATS. Not that anyone would have noticed, but I feel as a member of this community, I should let the community consciousness know I am still here and a part of it, and when I choose to take a break.

I have a weird relationship with ATS. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love it here, but after a few months of posting and reading every single day, it can get a bit too much for me. I see some awesome stuff on here, but I also see some horrible stuff aimed at OP's who are doing nothing but contributing... And after a while the rollercoaster just gets a bit too much. Think of it like that bar we all love, and we refuse to drink anywhere else, but every now and then we need to sober up for a few weeks and distance ourselves before we get to deep.

However after a few months of keeping my distance. I am happy to be back and able to ride the ATS coaster once again. I hope you are all well!

What did I miss?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
I know exactly what you mean. Some days I see so much crappy news and belligerent people, I just turn my computer off and go work in the garden or read a book. We need to keep our perspective. We see things from all over the world, but have to stop and realize we can only fix our little corner of it and hope it spreads to the rest.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: brace22

Every now and then II take a break from things too; it's good to take a vacation from things once in a while!

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Agreed. Also, the content on this website is so diverse and sometimes so hard hitting, that it takes away our perspective of reality.

I love being able to forget about reality on here for a while each day, but I don't want to leave reality.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

HAHA thank you for that lovely banner!

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: brace22
a reply to: caladonea

HAHA thank you for that lovely banner!

You're welcome! I think it is good to celebrate each other from time to time.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   

What did I miss?

The World didn't end ... several times.
Welcome back.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I totally understand.

I think its healthy to take a break sometime... for me I unplug to regroup to restore my sanity.

Welcome back!

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Yeah absolutely friend! Take your time when you need it. ATS is amazing but can be ugly around the corner at times. But really the community as a whole is pretty good. Breaks from any forum are a good idea

either way welcome back

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Am the same myself sometimes i put lots of threads up. some i just lurk and othertimes stay away for a while. Do what suits and welcome back

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Thank you all for your kind welcome

new topics

top topics

join