It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question on the Bible Code

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
It seems most of the codes are discovered after the fact .... which is understandable as people don't think "Hmmm I'll just see if there is ever going to be an earthquake and tsunami in Southeast Asia"

And most of the codes pertain to politics, religion, earth changes, etc.

But has anyone ever put a positive question into the code. Of course, now I can't think of a positive question to put into it
But it just seems that everything you hear from it is doom and gloom.

jm

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Yes, it would seem that most of the codes are discovered after the event has happened. There are a few that are actual predictions although most of the time they are pretty vague as to protect them from being completely proved wrong. It pretty much works like this:

-The event happens.
-The Bible code person hears about the event.
-The Bible code person heads home to quickly type some words that relate to the event into their big word search cheating machine.
-The machine comes up with some stuff that they post on their website after the event has actually occurred.

I think that if you asked they would either say this is not the case or that this is the way they intended it be. In fact, there is a reason them not having the Bible code out before the event. There are a few words that people can actually guess to put into their computers (like the end of times) but they cannot predict the occurrences that are going to happen on their own. So in order to find out if the occurrence was in the Bible codes or not they type it in after the event.

In other words they are not profits themselves and cannot predict words to type in the Bible code machines when they cannot think of the words until after the event. I hope thats not too hard to understand due to my harsh explanation.

No, I don't recall seeing a positive code in the Bible codes, however there would be no point in including a positive code now. This is because they have set a date for the begining of the end of times and it does not make much sense to say good news when there probably wont be anymore when their "beginning of the end" is so near.

Hope that helped some, it is hard for me to explain although I am sure someone will come and say what I mean in a sentence or two.

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The bible code is based on computer scanning of hebrew text to determine words, phrases, clues that would indicate prophecy. Now, assuming a Match occurs, who is translating the hebrew into english? that is the first issue.

Second Issue; Which hebrew text? there are several variations Of hebrew writings that relate to the Old testament. Around the 10th century there were translations made, that do not match translations before that date. So which version of being used.

There is evidence to indicate a code does indeed exist, but ONLY in the original Torah, which is contained in the Ark of the Covenant, which has been lost to History. Nobody knows, or is disclosing the location and condition of the Ark, or the orginal texts it contains. ( the ark also contains the stone tablets with the Ten commandments written upon them).
This would be far more reliable than running differing versions of texts until a match is found.
The Bible code being discussed in the Media is more a Publicity stunt

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I also feel that humans are fallible and as many times as the Bible and the Torah have been copied down there have to have been mistakes made -- even if every mistake is minor over time it can add up to a whole different meaning. So while the original may have had codes in it the meaning will be different with all the changes.

jm

posted on Jan, 2 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by justme1640
It seems most of the codes are discovered after the fact .... which is understandable as people don't think "Hmmm I'll just see if there is ever going to be an earthquake and tsunami in Southeast Asia"

And most of the codes pertain to politics, religion, earth changes, etc.

But has anyone ever put a positive question into the code. Of course, now I can't think of a positive question to put into it

jm

This thread covers what most think of the bible code and its value.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just about all of last years predictions were not met at all, that has to tell you what to make of these claims.

As you stated most everthing is doom or gloom and always after the fact. Pisky pointed out you can take any book Mobby Dick and the bible were both mentioned. Many have claimed both books had predictions in them, all after the fact I might add.

Now for you Bible code scholars here are questions to put this so called code to a test. Type in "Will George Bush be killed in 2005" also type "where will George Bush be killed" and lastly type in "When will George Bush Die" then get back to us with your predictions. The reason I asked for the final was to determine the date if it is not in 2005.

No deviations from the wording I used please. Also furnish the name of the software you used to come up with your answer. Also needed will be the name of the Bible and version used so I and others can double check your answers.

posted on Jan, 7 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Shots -- I am actually surprised that none of the Bible Code folks took up your challenge -- I would have loved to have heard the results. By chance do you have the software and have you put it in?? Just curious now

jm

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
Many have claimed both books had predictions in them, all after the fact I might add.

That is the thing many people fail to realize. Once you have all the facts, you can enter it in, and most likely it will be there. Now the thing is that the software or the version of the Torah that is used is not changed. It was always there to begin with, you just could not find the proper matrix that it was included in. Now as far as your test, there could be other words in the Matrix that you do not input which could drastically change the outcome of it. You do not know what else is sitting around it, and how much of a degree the matrix will change. If you could input all the correct information before the event took place, then in my opinion, you would be a prophet.

This subject interests me from just studying the Bible. The thought that this is possible is astounding, yet I personally am uncertain of it's accuracy as far as using it as a tool to Predict things. All we need to know is already in front of us. Yet once information about an event is placed in after the fact, means it was already there to begin with......

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 11:07 PM
link   
You know what I'm not clear on is that they say that the codes aren't set in stone -- that if things are done differently then things won't happen. But how do they know that -- If it changes then the code would reflect the new situation?

But I would still love to have someone enter a code of say....... Who will discover a cure for cancer and when and what is his/her name. Like I said a good news code

jm

posted on Jan, 10 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
I am not qualified to examine the statistical proofs put forward by the promoters nor the skeptics of the Bible Code. But there are some cases where they have tried to make future predictions from the bible code and they have been wrong. In Deuteronomy 18 (21st Cent. KJV) in the plaintext of the Torah/Old Testament it says this:

20But the prophet who shall presume to speak a word in My name which I have not commanded him to speak, or who shall speak in the name of other gods, even that prophet shall die.'

21And if thou say in thine heart, `How shall we know the word which the LORD hath not spoken?'--

22when a prophet speaketh in the name of the LORD, if the thing follow not nor come to pass, that is the thing which the LORD hath not spoken, but the prophet hath spoken it presumptuously; thou shalt not be afraid of him.

So I would tend not to believe at least in the ability of these code breakers to predict the future from the codes.

new topics

top topics

join