It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK net migration hits record high of 330,000 this year

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
It's called being a Humanitarian, and as we live in a society where we care for each other and support those unable to support themselves, you (thankfully) have no choice in the matter.

I can barely afford to pay my bills and live quite a frugle life as it is. I DO NOT have the money to pay for them as well as myself.

Unless you want to do away with our entire system of social support, you don't get to pick and choose who is "worthy" of help within this country based on race, nationality, religion, languages spoken etc.

No no no no. I didn't say NOT pay for people who live here legitimately and due to circumstances unforseen, require social aid. That's fine. I am NOT up for paying for 300k people to be located to the UK from their native countries. That's 300k people who are NOT contributing to society that now NEED our society to pay for them.

That's a huge imbalance.

You pay money into a system through taxation, and that money is then used to provide for the ENTIRE SOCIETY AROUND YOU, regardless of who you think deserves it, or not.

I'm aware of that, and it's that point I'm addressing - i DO NOT want my money to go to immigrants. Period. I understand that against my wishes it does due to the structure of the system, but i disagree with it.

Hey look - if you're such a humanitarian, why don't you house a family of them in your home and put 20% of your monthly wages aside to care for them?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Feels like the mid east? What a stupid thing to say.

He didn't say that , he said Eastern Europe , and it does.
The town I live has had an influx , our second language used to be Asian but now is Polish.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Right, so I can choose where my tax money goes, yes? What you're asking is whether I'd prefer it helped pay for my welfare or nuke another country? Come on sir, get real, you already know that answer.

link   

originally posted by: gortex
If they were so desperate to escape whatever wouldn't they claim asylum in the FIRST safe country they arrived at ... of course they would but all they want is to get to the milk and honey.

They have opportunities but refuse to take them.

One word: Germany.

Stop pretending that the UK is the single most important goal for all of these people when we know for a fact that Germany has taken hundreds of thousands more refugees than we have. They are NOT all coming here for "free ride", and this bs argument needs to stop.

They are seeking security, and that security comes from countries that DON'T attack them, DO help them, and DO give them a better opportunity for a better life.

Why is Germany the preferred destination for so many people looking for security and safety in a European nation? Because...

A recent poll revealed 67% of Germans were "very worried" by attacks on refugee homes. In another survey 93% said it was right to give asylum to those fleeing conflict. And an extraordinary number of people here are giving up their time or their possessions.
All over the country there are warehouses stacked with second-hand clothes, toys, supplies for the refugees.

Germany's Interior Minister Thomas de Maiziere has promised to use "the full force of the law" against those who carry out anti-refugee violence.

Link

This is how a decent society treats those who need help.
This is how a decent people work together to assist those who need it.
This is how a decent society is supposed to treat others, instead of calling the most desperate people "criminals" and "lazy scroungers".

The UK is a great country, but when it comes to not being xenophobic and racist c**ts, Germany is BEATING US.

Who would have thought that 70 years after we ended the most despicable regime on the planet the country to start that regime would be better at being Humanitarians than us? Oh the irony.

While we in the UK are demonizing a whole group of victims for our own selfish xenophobic reasons, the country to give birth to Nazism is being the most Humanitarian toward those people.

link   
a reply to: gortex

Do their feeling outweigh the feelings of the people of the countries they are breaking into ?

They wouldn't be trying to "break in" as you put it, if their country wasn't "broken into" and destroyed in the first place.

But I get how okay it was to violate their sovereignty and then cry about ours…

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ComplexCassandra

Nope. I object to the paying of the 300k+ influx of immigrants.

I do not object to paying my British taxes on British schools, roads, public services (police, fire, NHS) and other members of my society who are living in the country legally and contributing to society.

I'm absolutely fine with that.

I simply object to having to pay for these people coming to the UK from their native lands.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

I do not object to paying my British taxes on British schools, roads, public services (police, fire, NHS) and other members of my society who are living in the country legally and contributing to society.

I simply object to having to pay for these people coming to the UK from their native lands.

But the reality of the situation is that they are just Terran humans moving about their home planet. Why is that a problem for you?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
What's the thing I should be concerned about the most because I'm quite relaxed about immigration

Sorry, I had to answer this.
I am not generally too concerned when it comes to Eastern European immigrants. We made quite a few friends with them.
Once their children are born, those children will effectively be British, with a few extra customs that are enhancing rather than degrading to our way of life.

What I am concerned about and you should be too [the only reason you are not is probably because you haven't educated yourself enough about the subject] is the uncontrolled immigration of people who couldn't be more different to us and who will make sure their offspring will continue to shun the British ways.

We used to own property in Forest Gate [London - apparently] and from first hand experience dealing with certain people, I can say absolutely that they favour their own, channel any work to their own, are happy to do you over and whilst putting on a friendly face are happy to drop you when it suits them.
You have to really UNDERSTAND [not from your point of view but from theirs] how islam works. It's not some Mickey Mouse Religion with a few nutters singing. This is their life. Islam demands the spread of itself all over the world and every good muslim must be part of this.

You also must understand that whilst you have compassion and an open mind, they couldn't care less about you. Your naivite is used to advance the spread of islam.
Those who seem nice could just be lying to you, because that is encouraged in the koran - in order to stay safe, infiltrate and spread islam.

Last but not least, I don't want uncontrolled immigration because there WILL be very unsavoury characters abusing our friendliness to do us harm. It's a matter of 'when' and not 'if'.

Not every immigrant is a beautiful human who just wants to better themselves [do I really have to explain this? Maybe people like you should get our of their middle class areas/life a little more...]. If you haven't noticed, there is a really radical group out there called ISIS who claim to be muslims and just want us all dead and bring radical islam to the rest of the world. They have no scruples and don't care how they can cause mayhem. I am sure a good few will be asking to 'come to Britain' and people like you are like, "yes, you are an exotic foreigner and I love you, and I love multiculturalism, please come in"!
What do you think they want to do here? Belly dance, cook spicy dishes or blow you and your kids to smithereens?
I am not talking about 'normal' muslims here. I have met quite a few very nice poeple [yet there still was a lack of wanting to integrate].

People like you are unable to discern between good and bad, because in your world everything is Costa coffee and your foreign friends are all middle class and/or educated.

There are BAD ones out there and you just want to let them in, because you are SOOOOO open minded, there is a draft.

I love diversity me, when everyone is just as interested in it as the other and you can base friendships on that. If the other party however just wants to occupy your space but makes no effort to show any understanding nor interest in ever embracing our culture, or is even out to harm it, then no, that's neither diverse nor healthy.

The reason is simple, because there WILL be trouble one day and your kids WILL have to be the ones sorting it out or...cover up with a hijab...
That is what you should be worried about.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCrow

Changed to: The little you contributed to those peoples medicines was a small price to pay… compared to what you paid into the war coffers, I mean.

Leaving Plato's Cave now…
edit on 27-8-2015 by intrptr because: changed pic

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Source..www.migrationwatchuk.org...

An updated page is due..

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Incorrect. I'm complaining about waiting in line behind people who haven't contributed to the country.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrCrow

Incorrect. I'm complaining about waiting in line behind people who haven't contributed to the country.

Given our Imperial History there are very few nations in the world who haven't contributed their material resources to our relative affluence. We didn't conquer half the known world for the chance of a better suntan.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ComplexCassandra

originally posted by: noonebutme

But the reality of the situation is that they are just Terran humans moving about their home planet. Why is that a problem for you?

Because they're not the "right kind" of Humans.
Come on, we know what the root of all this is, but people will reject it because it's (rightly) taboo to say it.

This is about nationalism, race, xenphobia and ignorance.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Then you also need to deny assistance to millions of single mothers, young adults, disabled people and the most poor in our societies - but let me guess, you can't do that because they were born here and therefore British and are more deserving?

Therefore your argument is all about race and nationality - racism.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Oh come off it.

Don't try to play the "We're all humans" crap. They are humans, yes. But real world economics simply do not fit your pity model when it suits whichever humanitarian hat you're wearing for the day.

I know they are in distress. If I had the time and money (and inclination) I'd help. But I don't. And to be honest, I reckon our financial budget cannot either.

These people come from places that CHOSE to live that way; to believe in silly religions that call for each others destruction, to abandon civilised society and human rights and devolved into states of war and oppression. That wasn't my choice.

Why do I have to pay for it?!? Sod that.
edit on 27-8-2015 by noonebutme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
This is about nationalism, race, xenphobia and ignorance.

I disagree - for me, it isn't. It's cost. i don't give a monkey's what your race, colour, nationality or creed is -- I simply do not see the UK as having the £££ to pay for everyone.

Other people seemingly think we do, but we're broken enough internally and 300k+ Immigrant humans won't help anything.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   

How do you know what these two senior ladies may or may not have contributed - ahh, they have brown skin and speak with an accent, I guess to you that means they have contributed nothing?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Feels like the mid east? What a stupid thing to say.

He didn't say that , he said Eastern Europe , and it does.
The town I live has had an influx , our second language used to be Asian but now is Polish.

No, he said mid east as well. If he changed it, then fine. But he did say it.

Question: So what if everyone around you is talking polish or czech or slovenian? Doesnt bother me at all. I love eastern europeans, they work hard and are great fun.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

They are NOT all coming here for "free ride", and this bs argument needs to stop.

Where did I say they were all coming here ?
I am concerned about the ones that are coming here because that is where I live , what the Germans do is up to them but from reports the strain is starting to show there too.

They are seeking security, and that security comes from countries that DON'T attack them, DO help them, and DO give them a better opportunity for a better life.

If that's the case why don't they want to stay in the safe countries of Greece , Macedonia , Hungary .....

While we in the UK are demonizing a whole group of victims for our own selfish xenophobic reasons, the country to give birth to Nazism is being the most Humanitarian toward those people.

Do I demonise a burglar if I try to stop him breaking into my home ?
We are concerned for our security , health service , schools and jobs .... where is the problem in that.
This country is a good place to live and I'm not willing to sacrifice that just because there are some less fortunate in the world.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:09 AM
link   

So what you're saying is that we should now be coughing up for our history? How far in the past are we talking? I'm not being facetious here; I'm no historian and am sneaking posts in here at work - don't have time for a Google.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join