It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK net migration hits record high of 330,000 this year

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Labour failed to defend our borders. Now Tories fail to defend our borders. Where are all the jobs going to come from when we don't have enough for the locals?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: boncho

Even if it shows a large surge, it still only tells have the story.

Immigration to this country has risen year on year , this is the largest rise since records have been kept.
If the figures only tell half the story you need to live in this country to see the other half of the story , some Brits are beginning to feel like foreigners in their own country and I feel there is an anger ready to boil over here.

"The stock of the migrant population more than doubled from 1993 to 2013. The size of the foreign-born population in the UK increased from about 3.8 million in 1993 to over 7.9 million in 2013"

Yes, that is a lot of people for sure in quite a short time.

The old Britain has gone forever. The new Britain is cosmopolitan. It reflects the modern world. What was so great about this UK you are longing for? It was horrible. I grew up in the mess it had become. Good riddance to that.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:15 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Leaving The EU would send our employment rights through the floor.

We trade and export more goods to the rest of the world than we do the EU , if we left I doubt the EU would stop buying British good so doubt it will have a dramatic effect on us , add in the money we would save not giving it to the EU and the return of control of our borders and I see a strong argument for not being ruled by Germany.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter
These jobs will go in the crash and we have an indigenous population who are not fit to fill a lot of these positions left vacant by migrants leaving to help develop there home nation. That is where future investment will be spent.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Labour failed to defend our borders. Now Tories fail to defend our borders. Where are all the jobs going to come from when we don't have enough for the locals?

Even without immigration our population has been steadily increasing over the millenia. The same question could be asked of all the unborn. With the constant influx of new people into this world where are all the jobs going to come from when we don't have enough for those already here?

Addressing the geographical location of a dangerously high global population is failing to deal with the actual problem.

We should not be so focused on national borders without first addressing the vaginal borders. There are already far too many humans in the world. Where they are is of secondary concern.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   
so if you have a large number of people who don't belong here, who don't want to adapt and who force their lifestyle and religion on you...

is this immigration or occupation?

sorry, but we have to close our EU borders, at least for muslims, or else we'll have the same chaos here as the countries they come from.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:22 AM
link   
What's the thing I should be concerned about the most because I'm quite relaxed about immigration

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: chewi

What crash ?
The amount of money we have pumped into Africa over the decades both governmental and charitable has gone down the drain , I see little return for it nor do I see the point of pumping more British tax payers money into corrupt administrations.

edit on 27-8-2015 by gortex because: Spelling of course !

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Additionally, the UK gives a lot of money in international aid (quote from a few months ago):

Government figures released on Thursday reportedly show that Britain met last year's aid spending target of 0.7 per cent of GDP, totalling £11.7 billion.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Perhaps if we rescinded this and spent it on reducing our deficit and addressed some of the immigrant issues with it, we'd be in a better place. I don't know, just an idea.
edit on 2782015 by MrCrow because: (no reason given)

edit on 2782015 by MrCrow because: Clarity

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

The trouble is that too many of the locals are simply unemployable, and have often rendered themselves thus through drink, drugs and tattoos across the forehead. This is the real elephant in the room, and the one that is taboo for politicians of all persuasions. It explains why, for all the talk to the contrary, the major parties are content to let immigration occur. They know what the reality is - many industries would simply collapse if we didn't have a continuous supply of foreign labour.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
What's the thing I should be concerned about the most because I'm quite relaxed about immigration

Well, now that the French Police have secured the Eutunnel from the thousands that were sneaking through at night, saved the truckers from being hijacked, and cleared the rails so the trains are not being stopped by masses of pedestrians... I suppose a little relaxation may be in order.

I'm not sure any of this qualifies as immigration though as most of it is quite illegal, and undocumented.

The latest stories seem to be saying that the migrants are now seeking new ways to get into the UK.

Mike Grouchy

edit on 27-8-2015 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:40 AM
link   
a reply to: lacrimoniousfinalethis is the thing, if the locals are stoned all day watching Jeremy Kyle, is it any surprise employers want hard working Eastern Europeans, who are what business is looking for, flexible workforce, no complaining, no bad attitude. Just work hard. They are efficient flexible workers.

Right or wrong, it's the world we live. Our young workers are going to have to shape up and compete with Eastern European workers. Shouldn't be too hard seeing as British workers have the advantage of a free education their whole life taught in English, they

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

It still surprises me why they want to come to a country filled with Bigots, Racists and Fascists in the firsts place.

Perhaps for the same reasons that at least 12.5% of the Scottish population choose to live in England.

Maybe, just maybe, we aren't the set of pure bastards you and some others like to portray us as at every given opportunity regardless of the relevance.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

I'm not sure any of this qualifies as immigration though as most of it is quite illegal, and undocumented.

It's known as illegal immigration but some complain that term is demonising people fleeing persecution , although those fleeing persecution who have made it to Eastern Europe don't want to stay there so I wonder just how persecuted they really are.

The real problems will start as winter approaches and the weather worsens.

edit on 27-8-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy maybe because as of now I've only had benefits from the immigrant community immigrants like my brain surgeon and neuro surgery team and nurses. . 26% of NHS doctors are not British.

edit on 27-8-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
No, I agree. Of course you are right Gortex.

It's just that the number is down to 100's instead of 1,000's.

As to the persecution thing... [ oh, uh, seems that bit was edited out of your post ]

The guy at the end of this video says "Why this people pass to England. You have to understand. Why this people going to England? Why. Majority Iraq people here. British army, and American army what they done Iraq?"

Mike Grouchy
edit on 27-8-2015 by mikegrouchy because: colloquialisms

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:55 AM
link   

I hear that figures are rising, that people feel like strangers in their own hometowns...

I have to say, that it is only possible for "indigenous" Brits (of which there are exactly none living in this nation, since Brythonic people's have been bred over by invaders and visitors over generations, meaning that none of us are one hundred percent British, even those of us with many generations of family ties to the isles) to feel upset by the presence of other cultures and ethnic groups in their midst, because those concerned individuals are for some reason WEAK.

Yes, weak, pathetic, small minded, blinkered, fear based, gutless, lacking in will and gumption. Britons who dislike cultural diversity can feel free to sod off. For all that there is no such thing as an indigenous Brit, I am about as close as one can get, and if I do not have a problem, then no limp, pathetic mewling worm has the right to develop one. Fear is weakness, and weakness is not acceptable. Those who are afraid of losing something that never existed, are a disgrace to our country, our ancestors, and our descendants. May the future contain less of these awful examples of decrepitude, and more forward thinking, strong willed, and broad minded individuals, who by their very nature are incapable of fearing that which is new, and unfamiliar.

A pox upon the rest. The future has no place for them.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Britons who dislike cultural diversity can feel free to sod off.

I think you're confusing Immigration with people breaking into the country.
This country and its people have welcomed migrants for centuries , we are a multicultural country and there are ways and means of entering this country legally.

Those who are afraid of losing something that never existed, are a disgrace to our country, our ancestors, and our descendants.

Those concerned about living standards and overall quality of life in THEIR country have every right to express concern.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

some Brits are beginning to feel like foreigners in their own country and I feel there is an anger ready to boil over here.

How do you think they feel? Their countries are destroyed, they have to flee with nothing to keep from dying, risk death on a long journey immigrating to a country they don't know the language or culture and somehow survive the unwelcome wagon they meet after they get there. I doubt they would have done all that otherwise if they hadn't been really desperate.

I also doubt that ordinary people living in these EU's will recognize their own governments (under) a NATO flag helped create the misery that made them flee their countries in the first place.

Call it blow back or whatever, you let it go on now deal with it. Offer one of them a bowl of soup or something.

Walk a mile in their shoes.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: uncommitted

Why are you pointing at the Tories?

Because since 2010 David Cameron has pledged to reduce immigration , immigration into this country is now higher than when he took office.
You can't slash and burn department budgets and expect them to perform as they did before , the border agency is no different , Cameron thinks all he need do is make tough sounding statements and all will be well but the figures say different.
It has happened on his watch so I blame his government.

Actually, non EU immigration is down, EU is up. What has that to do with any slashing and burning of budgets for the EU piece? It's free movement of trade within the EU. If Cameron is doing one thing that no previous government has done is challenge the EU on the point, which will ultimately be a factor in a referendum.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join