It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK net migration hits record high of 330,000 this year

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   
And that's just who were counted we can but guess to the true figure , the Office for National Statistics has said that in 2014 13% of people living in the UK were born abroad.
With the influx into Europe of tens of thousands of economic migrants the figure will no doubt rise year on year for the foreseeable future , this small island and the services it provides for it's citizens are already being stretched to breaking point yet the cuts being implemented by the government will only serve to exasperate the situation.

Immigration Minister James Brokenshire said it was "deeply disappointing".
It is the fifth consecutive quarterly rise in the net migration figure, which the ONS says is caused by an increase in the number of EU citizens migrating to the UK.
Net migration of EU citizens was 183,000, up 53,000 from the year end to March 2014.
The number of those arriving from countries outside the EU was still larger, with net migration measured at 196,000. But the year-on-year increase was smaller at 39,000.
www.bbc.co.uk...

So glad the Tories have control of the situation.

edit on 27-8-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I don't see this turning out well for you guys...Good luck !

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

This is a topic that I can see there's no end to - I certainly don't have any answers as to how to resolve the situation other than rather draconian methodology.

Lot's of feeling in this thread too:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
And that's just who were counted we can but guess to the true figure , the Office for National Statistics has said that in 2014 13% of people living in the UK were born abroad.
With the influx into Europe of tens of thousands of economic migrants the figure will no doubt rise year on year for the foreseeable future , this small island and the services it provides for it's citizens are already being stretched to breaking point yet the cuts being implemented by the government will only serve to exasperate the situation.

Immigration Minister James Brokenshire said it was "deeply disappointing".
It is the fifth consecutive quarterly rise in the net migration figure, which the ONS says is caused by an increase in the number of EU citizens migrating to the UK.
Net migration of EU citizens was 183,000, up 53,000 from the year end to March 2014.
The number of those arriving from countries outside the EU was still larger, with net migration measured at 196,000. But the year-on-year increase was smaller at 39,000.
www.bbc.co.uk...

So glad the Tories have control of the situation.

Why are you pointing at the Tories? The high figures are from people who are from other EU countries - without leaving the EU then no political party would be able to kick people from other EU countries out or resist their entry..... blaming the Tories for that isn't really the answer. Sorry, not sticking up for them for any other reason than this is an EU wide issue around free movement, not specific to one political party (unless you mean UKIP).

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Most days.... this feels like Eastern Europe, other days it feels like the mid-east!

Oh Yea London, What hast thou become?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

A wretched hive of scum and villainy.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MrCrow

I was against the Channel Tunnel when they started building it , the way I see it it turned us from an island into a promontory of Europe.
The channel served us well through the centuries but now has be undermined ... literally.

edit on 27-8-2015 by gortex because: spelling again !!

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:42 AM
link   

This video is from back in March 2015.

Looks like David Cameron is saying that "immigration from outside the EU is down", but "immigration from inside, is up" and then he blames the opposition for making the benefits system so appealing.

Miliband hammers away at "broken promises."

I have a question.

Is "immigration" too vague a term. Does immigration = non-European? What is the indigenous birthrate in the UK anyway.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Is there stats on historical averages and how this number is any different comparatively? Because if not, it doesnt mean anything out of context.

Even if it shows a large surge, it still only tells have the story.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

Why are you pointing at the Tories?

Because since 2010 David Cameron has pledged to reduce immigration , immigration into this country is now higher than when he took office.
You can't slash and burn department budgets and expect them to perform as they did before , the border agency is no different , Cameron thinks all he need do is make tough sounding statements and all will be well but the figures say different.
It has happened on his watch so I blame his government.

edit on 27-8-2015 by gortex because: Oh yeah ... spelling

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Have you not worked it out yet?

This is a thing all controlling parties in government have done for years and years. I think they do it to make the economy bigger and it sure helps the real estate market.

I am glad we are in Europe. If we can take it then migration is fine by me.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:52 AM
link   
It still surprises me why they want to come to a country filled with Bigots, Racists and Fascists in the firsts place.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MrCrow

And that's just the city where the bankers do their business

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:57 AM
link   
One of the issues that is never discussed or even thought of in these threads is the effect it has the country they are fleeing. I don't mean the immediate effect but the long term effect. The first ones who leave are the ones who have the means to leave. This leaves the ones who cannot get out and they are usually made up of the most disadvantaged, uneducated poor people. If and when they begin to rebuild who is going to undertake this task as the brain drain to the west now includes doctors, tradesmen, businessmen, etc.
This leads me to another point. We in the western world are putting a lot more into the welfare of refugees than we are putting into our indigenous populations. This is dangerous because we face the same problem in the future if they all decide to go home and rebuild. This is a very likely situation because if another crash comes as expected then they will be in the same boat as us and it will become more financially viable to go home.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Immigration has only been a positive thing for me, but then I don't really live in an area with a lot of immigrants. I'm not too fussed the gene pool needs expanding around here. Too many inbreds

If you know what I mean
edit on 27-8-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

originally posted by: MrCrow

And that's just the city where the bankers do their business

Business? Is that what you call it?

edit on 2782015 by MrCrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

without leaving the EU

Leaving The EU would send our employment rights through the floor.

We would be working under " Dickensian " conditions.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr
You must be from Yorkshire. (joke)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Even if it shows a large surge, it still only tells have the story.

Immigration to this country has risen year on year , this is the largest rise since records have been kept.
If the figures only tell half the story you need to live in this country to see the other half of the story , some Brits are beginning to feel like foreigners in their own country and I feel there is an anger ready to boil over here.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Could you explain why that would be?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join