It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Better to have it and not need it...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I speaking from personal experience only. I find people who fear guns or are anti-gun probably did not grow up with them in their home. People I know who grew up with them, learned to use them and respect them. When growing up we were taught that guns were not a toy. My father taught us how to properly use them and store them. By doing this, we were not curious about guns and did not play with them. We respected them for what they were. I was lucky enough to grow up in a small town and guns were just part of my life. I can however see that someone in the city would have a different feeling towards the issue.

In respect to the OP, I would rather have one and not need it. I dont have a fear of needing one on me at all times, but I would carry one if I felt protection was warranted.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Well I would say things once were alright but as time grew on and I grow older I'm starting to notice things aren't as green as I thought they once where. I can see things a bit clearer and noticed that protection in the form of guns, swords, or what have you is definitely needed. It may not be everywhere but I certainly am not taking any chance. I wish I didn't have to have it; but I just now know it's really needed.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Here in canada, firearms are not constitutional right protected, rather it's a privilege like driving.

Still If I owned a gun, it wouldn't be legal and no one would know about it, because our firearms program requires cops to babysit you and see if your guns are properly locked up til you die. Last time i checked, thats a textbook violation of our right to be searched without a warrant. Sorry, but i'd rather break the law then ever give up my privacy.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The nature of the culture in the US means that the two options in the OP are really the only two available.

If I lived there you can bet your ass I'd be tooled up. I've seen the firearms related stats ( more Americans killed every 6 months on US soil by firearms than died in the whole Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts combined/ More US citizens shot dead on US soil since 1968 than died in every conflict America ever fought in combined etc). This is so alien to most European countries way of thinking we can barely comprehend it. Hence many Euro/UK posters attack this culture, condemning the pro gun people as paranoid and trigger happy.

I DO NOT condemn the pro-second ammendment people. Indeed in the US there are so many firearms in circulation with easy access to most people that it is madness not to let citizens have access to something that evens the playing field. I believe everyone should have access to a firearm in the US.

In the UK we have the third option - to not have and not need. Firearms are not in our daily culture and most don't give it a second thought. The average person feels safe in the UK without a firearm. Again this probably seems alien to many US posters who will write us off as slaves and sheep. People tend to attack what they don't understand.

There are so many cultural differences you cannot possibly compare the two countries.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: PaddyInf
In the UK we have the third option - to not have and not need. Firearms are not in our daily culture and most don't give it a second thought. The average person feels safe in the UK without a firearm. Again this probably seems alien to many US posters who will write us off as slaves and sheep. People tend to attack what they don't understand.

There are so many cultural differences you cannot possibly compare the two countries.

Nope, not at all. In fact, as an American, its refreshing to see a UK poster who actually understands and respects the differences and practical realities that exist in our two countries. Personally, as someone who is strongly pro-2A, I have precisely zero problems with the UK's laws on the issue. Your country, your rules.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: PaddyInf
The nature of the culture in the US means that the two options in the OP are really the only two available.

If I lived there you can bet your ass I'd be tooled up. I've seen the firearms related stats ( more Americans killed every 6 months on US soil by firearms than died in the whole Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts combined/ More US citizens shot dead on US soil since 1968 than died in every conflict America ever fought in combined etc). This is so alien to most European countries way of thinking we can barely comprehend it. Hence many Euro/UK posters attack this culture, condemning the pro gun people as paranoid and trigger happy.

I DO NOT condemn the pro-second ammendment people. Indeed in the US there are so many firearms in circulation with easy access to most people that it is madness not to let citizens have access to something that evens the playing field. I believe everyone should have access to a firearm in the US.

The odd thing is I live in Los Angeles and really feel no need to have a gun. Unless I went to some of the more questionable parts of town. Here I personally don't know anyone that has been a victim of any form of gun crime.
Yet when I lived in London I knew several people that had been assaulted, had their flats broken into on multiple occasions etc. It's odd but it seemed like since there were no guns the threshold of personal violence was lower.
Then again it could have just been London.

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The governments of NATO, including EU countries and the USA have developed a few years ago, very powerful anti-crowd/anti-protest weapons. They have demonstrated their usage against birds in 2011.

www.youtube.com...

Are they ready for war against all western people? Are you ready for judgement day?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join