It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Better to have it and not need it...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Than need it and not have it..

I'm asking the pro-gun control crowd.

Which would you prefer?
edit on 27-8-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I live in bear and cougar country, most people up here own rifles for protection, i own a sling shot and some pepper spray.

I personally dont think i need one, and im all for people owning guns and such.

If i remember correctly, canada is 8th in the world for guns per population, and we dont shoot each other, there must be something in the water down south.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Which would you prefer?

Its without Question

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Politically I lean pretty far left and have always been pretty big on gun control.

However, recent developments in my life over the past 4 years have begun to change my mind on the issue.

Like I said before, I'm pretty liberal and have toed the company line on the issue. However 4 years ago I had a brief stint in the military. Before that time my experience with firearms was little to none. My respect for them grew as did my viewpoints on necessity.

I now own a firearm (pump action shotgun 12 gauge pistol grip with stock and heat shield).

I go shooting with it once every few months for fun. I don't keep it loaded or anything.

But it does give me comfort in the back of my mind if anything major were to happen having that weapon is a definite asset.

While I think we should definitely keep weapons away from children and crazies. I see no reason why law abiding citizens with good intentions shouldn't be able to own one or several.

The problem is.. making the determination who is good and who is crazy.. is damn near impossible. But to that I say.. a crazy will always find a way to get tools to work their mischief, so why not make sure everyone is on an equal plane.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Personally I'm on the side that would have a gun especially once I have children I'd keep a gun to keep them safe. Of course I'm sure there would be some that say "wouldn't need it." Or "go to a good neighborhood" Well that's may well and good but even some good ones have issues especially where my parents live.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Would you rather have a gun and not need it, or not have a gun?

That's the meat and potatoes of my OP

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM

Which would you prefer?

Its without Question

Is it wrong to question that?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Wasp and hornet spray. More accurate, longer range, and more disabling than pepper spray.
Gonna need some atropine to fix that blindness.

edit on 27-8-2015 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I live in Sweden, naah.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Which would you prefer?

Its without Question

Is it wrong to question that?

From my Perspective it is
The Boyscout Motto says it all

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Wasp and hornet spray. More accurate, longer range, and more disabling than pepper spray.

Foaming Spray Adhesive works miracles and if you rub or wipe it, it only gets worse..

edit on 27-8-2015 by SPECULUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
That's an easy question.

It's always better to have and not need, then to need and not have.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Foaming Spray Adhesive works miracles and if you rub or wipe it, it only gets worse..

I like your line of thinking. What kind of range can you get out of spray adhesives.
Shotguns are just too damn messy.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   

I like your line of thinking. What kind of range can you get out of spray adhesives.
Shotguns are just too damn messy.
3m spray shoots about 10f like those compressed cans of Silly string..Lol

I learned that from my Father, watching him disarm a nest of red wasps...Priceless

edit on 27-8-2015 by SPECULUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Living in an area where copperheads and rattlesnakes roam---I'm always on the side of the most effective weapon. Same thing with deer should I need to shoot one of the many that browse through my yard on a daily basis for food. (I have poor archery skills.
but I'm pretty effective with a firearm!
) I've been sharing my veggies, flowers and fruit with them for a long time now so I wouldn't feel guilty if I needed to harvest one.
But I'm also a person who grew up knowing there was a loaded shotgun within easy reach in my home. I handled a real gun for the first time when my father taught me to shoot it at age seven. I've always done my best to keep my skills honed in case they are needed. If one is to use a weapon, they need to be skilled at using it.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
We don't need them in the UK but If I was in the USA I would be a walking armoury.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Better to have and not need it. Is my choice. I do not depend on the system to protect me or my family. Anyone that thinks that the system will protect you is living in la la land. It is ALWAYS the CORRECT choice to defend yourself before you depend on some one else.

edit on 8 27 2015 by Ceeker63 because: edit out word not needed

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Well if criminals have the chance to get a gun than you have to have a gun to level the playing field....jeez. I also wear iron boxers cos criminals can rape you when you least expect it and carry all my possessions with me cos criminals can rob your house, all to level the playing field of course.

I could just not do it and survive, unaffected by crime like the vast majority of citizens, but it's always better to have an rpg just cos criminals could get their hands on it

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
We don't need them in the UK but If I was in the USA I would be a walking armoury.

LOL.........that says it all.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Its a no brainer that people need a gun. You might not be lucky enough to have it right when you need it but still, you better be ready as you can.

I heard a story the other day about an older woman who noticed someone snooping around her house trying to break in,
guess what she happened to have a gun and told the guy to get off her property or she would shoot him. Guess what, he left. He said he was out of gas but went and got in a vehicle up the road and drove off.

All you have to do is get a visual image of a couple of thugs breaking in to your home with you in it, with or without your permission they're coming in. What are you going to do? The police are 10 minutes away.

I'd bet the no gun crowd are no doubt mostly government officials trying to doop people into giving up their gun rights.

Every right you loose with the .gov you usually don't get them back.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join