It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

/The End of The World In September/

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Reallyfolks

So you don't believe it, has no negative affect on you, you have not been harmed by it. Got it.

Right. I haven't been harmed.
As to no negative effect (with an "e"). Actually, yes. It helps to lower my opinion of people. I would call that a negative effect.

If you want to do the grammar debate of the words effect and affect and usage as noun or verb we can. But I meant what I typed. Though could have reversed the two words and added an ly, but were on a forum and quite honestly no one cares.

So no harm, you don't care, the best you have is it did harm others ( like one of hundreds of others things do but on a much smaller scale) and somehow your opinion of others ...oh never mind.

How amusing.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage You told me so

I do however see a bitterness. It is never to late to change

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

How amusing.

Glad to have been of service.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I do however see a bitterness. It is never to late to change

Thank you for the sweet thoughts.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That wasn't a compliment. Glad you took it that way though

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Have you been harmed in any manner by these types of predictions being around?

No. But others have.
End of the World kooks
I prefer not to see people kill themselves for no reason.

no matter what, i'll be smiling.

promise.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

It didn't think it was.
There's this thing called sarcasm.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:58 PM
link   

It didn't think it was.
There's this thing called sarcasm.

Never heard of it.

But back to the op. Maybe because there are so many predictions comets, financial collapse, and so on it feels different. Maybe something happens, I don't know. Never completely rule anything out. But if it does and it's that bad I would guess most preparation is out the window and the ability to react quickly to whatever happens will be the key.

But if you think something might happen, party hard, hang with family, do something fun.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   

But if you think something might happen, party hard, hang with family, do something fun.

Why not do that on a regular basis?
Why wait for the end of the world?

edit on 8/30/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Why not do that on a regular basis?
Why wait for the end of the world?

Maybe someone doesn't have time to party, or live near family. But if you think the sh*t. Is about to hit, why not make the time or take the trip? Are you really this obtuse or is this just your ats personality?

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Ha! I love it. This is something life offers that is most pleasurable.

Every day should be lived as your last.

The end of the world isn't happening next month. If it does... oh well. We came.. we conquered.. we died.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Have we all forgotten the crash of '08 and the predictions put out by thoughtful financial advisers who were ignored?
Back in the early part of the century we found ourselves with a little mad money on hand so decided to get into the market. By the summer of '07 I was hearing things on radio talk shows about a crash that was approaching. I talked to my financial guy. He admitted that he was hearing some of the same stuff and was a bit nervous. By the fall, he was in full belief mode and advised that we get out of the market.
We were laughed at by our oh-so-sophisticated friends who had their entire retirement funds in the markets and were glorying in watching them rise.
Granted, the world didn't "end" but a dozen or more of those folks who laughed at us for listening to talk radio are still working to rebuild the retirement funds they had hoped to be expending by now. I can't help feeling sorry for them. Some lost their children's college funds and haven't had time to build them back up so now they're deep in debt while our investment in real estate has steadily climbed.
When the remnants of Hurricane Ike came through our area and knocked out power to rural areas for weeks, we decided to invest in a whole-house generator to avoid the hassles of losing all our frozen food to a power failure. We had family and friends actually say to our faces---"You spent $5k for something that isn't going to be used. You should have taken a nice vacation and gotten rid of that paranoia!" Surprisingly enough, some of those same family members and friends were the ones who came here for food and shelter when the IceMare of '09 hit here and knocked out power for weeks. This despite the three to four days of warning they had that the ice was headed our way.
If next month brings the end of the world, it won't really matter will it? If it's not the end of the world, I prefer to be prepared to face some difficulties with a bit of comfort so I'm sticking with the "better safe than sorry" motto that my parents promoted. Plenty of food in the pantry, fuel for the winter and I've just begun planting my winter garden.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Is about to hit, why not make the time or take the trip?

Why not make the time on a regular basis? Better than wasting time fretting about nonsense.

Are you really this obtuse or is this just your ats personality?
Why do you insist on trying to make me the topic of discussion?
edit on 8/30/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MamaJ

Every day should be lived as your last.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Is about to hit, why not make the time or take the trip?

Why not make the time on a regular basis? Better than wasting time fretting about nonsense.

Are you really this obtuse or is this just your ats personality?
Why do you insist on trying to make me the topic of discussion?

Let's see, parents live in NY, you live in Florida. You have a job working 70 + hours a week, plus other time commitments. Don't know what his situation is but there are many reasons you might not be able to make time. If you think this is the end , it really doesn't matter

Not making you the topic, that's in your mind.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I see. The end of the world is a better occasion, than say, Christmas.

Not making you the topic, that's in your mind.
No. It's in your posts.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I won't like the day befor the end of the world... You cannot procrastinate, It make me feel sad.
Just to be sure, I'll procrastinate a little bit more today

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Phages faith based science beliefs take alot of ......... ( what do nsert here?) Its like believing in the easter bunny or tooth fairy. My mom eventually came clean and told me it was all BS. His mom evidently didnt. Shame on her! Im sure hius dad knew better but never stood up for the truth. Poor kid. Poor bitter kid. Believing all kinds of nonsence spoon fed to him through out the years. He has alot of anger and we should all feel for him, and those who pray should pray for him and his well being. We should also pray that he makes wise choices in the future in the financial realm, at this time in his life. He needs to watch his diet and intake of unhealthy foods and additives. So lets all take this time to plray for him and bring blessings on his life, and reverse his bitterness

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Interesting.
An entire post about...me.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join