It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Dakota to Legalize ARMED DRONES for Police

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Source: First State Legalizes Taser Drones for Cops, Thanks to a Lobbyist
(thedailybeast.com)

North Dakota police will be free to fire ‘less than lethal’ weapons from the air thanks to the influence of Big Drone.

It is now legal for law enforcement in North Dakota to fly drones armed with everything from Tasers to tear gas thanks to a last-minute push by a pro-police lobbyist.

The legalization comes in the form of House Bill 1328. Bruce Burkett of the North Dakota Peace Officer’s Association was allowed to amend the bill to allow for police drones to carry 'non-lethal' weapons: rubber bullets, pepper spray, tear gas, sound cannons, and tasers.

It comes under the aegis of 'Grand Sky,' a merging of Big Government, the USAF Predator Drone program, and the University of North Dakota's drone program along with the monied interests of the professional lobbying group - “Billed as a UAS research and development facility, Grand Sky will combine all the benefits of private entrepreneurship and government capital. Tenants there will have access to some of the the Air Force base’s facilities, and drone companies are clamoring to get their spots. On its website, Grand Sky is billed as an opportunity to “Create History Where the Future is Wide Open.” ”

Looks likes crowd control in the future will be very very easy. 'Murica, home of the brave sheep.

Visit the article linked above, it goes into much greater depth over the program.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Drones for everyone !

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

I read the article but I could not find a link for any corroboration. Is this an article of fact or opinion would you say?

I checked for house bill 1328 and found this.

HB 1328
edit on 26-8-2015 by Jonjonj because: added bill

Then I was more diligent and found this one.

ND HB 1328

The text is here: Text for aerial vehicle bill

edit on 26-8-2015 by Jonjonj because: addition

edit on 26-8-2015 by Jonjonj because: more bloody info

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
To shoot what? Cows?!

People live in North Dakota?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Please direct your comments to this ongoing thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join