It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart to Stop Selling AR-15s and Similar Weapons

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Well, interesting thread.

I don't go to Walmart anyhow, so no biggie for me.

But I'm surprised by those who disregard the Constitution and would relinquish their freedoms so easily.

C'est la vie.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

so I suppose banning could deter some. Not everyone

Any reduction in shootings is a good thing, unless of course you don't care about people getting shot, which seems to be the default position of the gun lobby.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

No, the solution to people being shot- is more things to shoot people with. To outright deny we have a problem....

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

Any reduction in shootings is a good thing, unless of course you don't care about people getting shot, which seems to be the default position of the gun lobby.

The gun lobby only represents the manufactures and big business involved in the firearm industry.

And don't forget that our right to bear arms is the only thing that keeps this fascist government from repeating the atrocities of history in which masses are killed in much more horrible ways than a bullet to the brain.
edit on 26-8-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

The gun lobby only represents the manufactures and big business involved in the firearm industry.

And don't forget that our right to bear arms is the only thing that keeps this fascist government from repeating the atrocities of history in which masses are killed in much more horrible ways than a bullet to the brain.

Quite honestly considering how divided this nation is. I'm not sure most people would care if a tyrannical government were doing mass killings as long as those being killed were the ones disagreeing with them.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Is the gun lobby shooting people?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

I imagine that someone among the abstract group known as the "gun lobby" may have shot somebody. Statistically I imagine that's pretty likely.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Depends. If the non-chain, local business is good on background ckecks and the law. Some may even have free classes. But some are not like that. I still don;t see the need for these guns.

You don't have to see the need; you may or may not have the need or desire to own a weapon, any weapon.. that's your choice.

Others might have the desire to own such a weapon; that would be their choice.

Your opinion is legit; so is everyone else's. It's that simple.

I don't understand why Walmart decided to stop selling an item and it was compared to Reagan. It appears to be political baiting and gun right baiting wrapped in one thread... to what purpose?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
Wal-Mart

I think this is long overdue. And for Conservatives out there, Ronald Reagan supported this long ago.

At times, Ronald Reagan was a dumbass. Regardless though, nobody with a thirst for defending the 2nd amendment has shopped in a Walmart in over 20 years anyway. When they stopped selling handguns in 93 due to buckling under pressure from America's more excitable fringe my family began our boycott. Won't even darken their doors unless there's something I absolutely must have and that works out to about 1 visit per year and a half.

If they really wanted to be a paragon of social responsibility as they claim, they'd shut their doors and let local business that aren't suckling China's teats resume providing for communities' shopping needs.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar

I imagine that someone among the abstract group known as the "gun lobby" may have shot somebody. Statistically I imagine that's pretty likely.

While I can't stand any lobbyist group or democrats or republicans for that matter. I highly suggest that you lead an investigation and should it be found the gun lobby is or has shot someone, they should go to prison. We cannot have people running around committing crimes with guns.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I guess I'll just buy my next one at another store.
As to why I need the gun, well that's not anybody's business.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Hmm. I imagine shady stuff is just part of the game. Fascination with the nuances of human ideology aside, we are all flawed and corrupt to some degree. That's not to say the gun lobby is evil, the whole idea is pretty shady to begin with.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Hell, if you just want a "basic" M4, you can get it for about $450-$500 after shipping and transfer fee.

Most places charge $20-$30 for a transfer, one here does it for $15. Get a rear site from Amazon and your good to go.

edit on 26-8-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

ar stands for armalite not assault rifle. just a small correction.
edit on 26-8-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

Can't imagine any lobby group not being evil. Maybe not evil but very corrupt. You basically pay for politicians to vote a certain way and have votes as icing on the cake. Something very wrong with paying politicians to vote when the people already elected them to do that.

But if any lobby including the gun lobby is committing crimes with guns. They need to be in prison.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Reagan Support Banning Automatic Weapons

They are not for hunting or home defense.

Can you provide an example of someone purchasing an automatic weapon from Wal-Mart?

Since they say they stopped selling them OR similar...I am not a gun expert, so don;t try to trap me in tiny differences,
I would say it has happened.

Maybe you should educate yourself a little more then.

You admit you don't know what the difference between an automatic and semi-automatic is and you still feel like you can contribute something worthwhile to the gun debate?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Actually AR stands for armalite rifle after the company who designed it. The moniker is kept for any manufacturer who makes them. A gun is a gun is a gun. They all have their purposes and they are all covered under the term arms. The second amendment specifically states arms vaguely so that it covers a wide assortment of weapons. Basically this is some sell out bull#*t that serves only to hinder the law abiding citizen. Wonder if they will still sell the ammo?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
a reply to: reldra

First of all, AR-15s aren't automatic weapons. Those are illegal to sell and require a permit.

AR stands for assault rifle. They are semi-automatic, not automatic. Wal-Mart has read the tea-leaves and moved significantly to the left. Notice the lack of media attacks of late on Wal-Mart?

I prefer purchasing my rifles from a lesser F.F.L. outlet who has access to a far larger range of suppliers than is the wont of a Wal-Mart.

More money for the little guy is cool with me....

ARse stands for "armalight rifle".

No assault rifle.

Because it was created by armalight who sold the patent to colt, who then manufactured it for the military.

Before coming out with the semi auto version for civilian use.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Great! My local gun dealers can pick up a bit extra. I've never bought a gun from WalMart and never would. The little guy needs the trade much more than they do anyway, so I'm perfectly fine with it.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I kinda like this song,the Irish are a complicated people.

youtu.be...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join