It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart to Stop Selling AR-15s and Similar Weapons

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: introvert

You realize if it ever gets "amended" that you can kiss your guns goodbye right?

Not if if we do it right, but I am not blind to that possibility. There should be a very specific set of regulations put on the 2nd amendment, but it should be done in a way that no longer allows states to further define our rights.

Why stop at the second?

I say we only ban "offensive" "assault" speech.

It's dangerous.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Actually, it's not silly in the slightest.

The simple truth is the vast majority treat their weapon as a "just in case" scenario. No different than a fire extinguisher or a first-aid kit.

Can't deal with that? TOUGH....

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

They wouldn't that's one of my points. The unfettered 2nd amendment is an insurance policy on the rest of the constitution.

link   
a reply to: beezzer

We will start with the religious!

link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar
I don't argue semantics, sorry.

Actually, you are. Anyone who has handled firearms calls a weapon you do not have to continuously depress the trigger to fire an automatic and one that you do a semi-automatic.

All I can say is that is what Wikipedia says and it sounds reasonable to me.

Good, then you understand that it made a clear differentiation between the nomenclature as well.

edit on 26-8-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: avgguy

You realize if it ever gets "amended" that you can kiss your guns goodbye right?

Not if if we do it right, but I am not blind to that possibility. There should be a very specific set of regulations put on the 2nd amendment, but it should be done in a way that no longer allows states to further define our rights.

Why stop at the second?

This is not really the scope of the thread to discuss that particular part of the 2nd. Let me just say that I agree with your concern and my particular thoughts are very specific. Very few anti-2nd and even pro-2nd people do not like to debate me as this issue is one of the issues I am on point about.

No matter what, I completely agree with your concern.

link   

Unless the guy with the automatic knows what his doing......

link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It listed semi automatics as automatics. It goes out of the way to point this out.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   

a reply to: beezzer

We will start with the religious!

That's right!

Start a list, it's going to be a long night!

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
I know, I have two from DPMS. Do they call it an Armalite?

No one calls their weapons an Armalite* , but they do reference the heritage by using the AR designation in either the name or specifications. They all use AR lowers and are very clear about this.

*except Armalite

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
It is wrong as you are wrong,that`s it.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Unless the guy with the automatic knows what his doing......

True. That is why I have added a specific caveat.

If I had to take my chances, I'd take it. Even many trained military personal cannot use a fully-automatic firearm effectively. Too many people have the "spray and pray" state of mind.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

It listed semi automatics as automatics. It goes out of the way to point this out.

In this thread, and for all practical purposes, when someone says 'automatic' they are referring to a weapon very different from a semi-automatic.

Tell us again how you are not playing semantics?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Not gonna play dude. They allow to kill quickly, efficiently, and in great numbers. People who brag about their fantasies of killing dudes, it doesn't sound like they need a gun.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Not gonna play dude. They allow to kill quickly, efficiently, and in great numbers.

Nice to finally get to the heart of the matter, scary black guns scare you.

People who brag about their fantasies of killing dudes, it doesn't sound like they need a gun.

I did not notice anyone in this thread behaving in that manner, maybe you are projecting.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Not gonna play dude. They allow to kill quickly, efficiently, and in great numbers. People who brag about their fantasies of killing dudes, it doesn't sound like they need a gun.

You are welcome to your opinion. Thankfully our right to bear arms is protected almost as much as our right to express our opinions. No matter how many nutbags are out there killing people with firearms, we will be next to you with our arms defending your right to bash our right to bear arms.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Okay then we l call this your win. Can't beat that zinger.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Sounds reasonable to me.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Dude, that was funny. Pew pew pew. Damn.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Tired of the stupid gun debate so let's talk reality

Hundreds of millions of guns in the US, majority owned by great people with no criminal intent. You could ban guns tomorrow. There will still be hundreds of millions of guns in the US majority owned by great people with no criminal intent.

At that point to solve the problem of gun violence it's no longer about a ban, it's about confiscation. So think about this for a minute. The problem as defined is gun violence, only way to solve is to confiscate the guns. The only a few ways that plays out is either A) the legal owners say bite me and try it. End result mass death due to gun violence trying to confiscate.

B) the legal gun owners miraculously part with all their guns. End result mass death due to gun violence. Criminals won't give them up, it takes longer to track down the criminals with guns in the mean time there is no way anyone but a criminal has a gun and it's open season.

C) a combination of sorts. End result mass death due to gun violence

So pretty much the only way to end the stated goal of gun violence is confiscation. The only way for that is mass death via gun violence, more than you could ever even think about. Spare me the arguments and how smart you think you are. If you haven't got the common sense to see how it must end to achieve the stated goal and how it directly contradicts the stated goal. Your honestly not worth anyone's time. And you are lying to yourself in the process

Keep crying all you want.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join