It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart to Stop Selling AR-15s and Similar Weapons

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar
a reply to: seagull

Of course, do you? They are both automatic. Google it.

No they are not. Automatic means that you can pull the trigger once and empty the magazine. Semi-auto means that you have to pull the trigger once for each round discharged.

It's called "semi-auto" because you do not have to manually chamber a round each time after one is discharged....like in a bolt action.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

To whom it may concern:

While we all sit at home and watch the next mass shooting coverage on TV and Republicans just wonder why we don't want everybody to have a gun? Why we don't want to give you the power to kill us when you talk about killing people who break into your home?

You have these fantasies about five or six men just breaking your home and it's all insane talk... All sounds very bloodthirsty and disturbing. You go around waving the damn confederate Flag and spout online about Jesus and whatnot while bragging about how tough you are. You all sound crazy.

And it is all crazy. You've just invested all this time and energy into worrying about something that is not gonna happen. And if it does happen it's definitely not gonna happen the way you want.

I also don't know who you think you guys are? Action heroes is my guess. Bruce Willis waiting to happen.

(Ignore if you don't identify with my post. It was a general post addressing a hypothetical person. Or rather personality.)

You are right. There are places in the country that have had home invasions, but no proof of what gun helped or if any gun helped. It was often calling 911 that helped. A couple very publicized cases where having a gun did help...but were handguns or shotguns. Who woulda thought?
edit on 26-8-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

There is a quantifiable difference in how they operate.

A fully automatic weapon fires until it's empty, if you so choose, with one squeeze of the trigger.

A semi-automatic fires once per squeeze of the trigger.

...as you say, Google it.
edit on 8/26/2015 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

You are right. There are places in the country that have had hoiime invasions, but no proof of what gun helped or if any gun helped. It was often calling 911 that helped. A couple very publicized cased where having a gun did help...but were handguns or shotguns. Who woulda thought?

It doesn't matter. I think you and I agree on many issues but this I will passionately disagree. We have a 2nd amendment right for a reason. The reason has been explained previously.

It's all about freedom. If you want to have your freedoms, you have to let others have their's. You may not like what they do with it and sometimes that freedom will cross lines, which there are protections for.

But freedom is the main factor and without it you cannot have any other freedoms as you have no way of enforcing your right to be free.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

They both allow you to shoot without having to reload. Semi automatic is just the same, but with a trigger. They're just terms people use to differentiate, but they are both automatic.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

They both allow you to shoot without having to reload. Semi automatic is just the same, but with a trigger. They're just terms people use to differentiate, but they are both automatic.

You are wrong,why don`t you just give up while you are behind?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

To whom it may concern:

While we all sit at home and watch the next mass shooting coverage on TV and Republicans just wonder why we don't want everybody to have a gun? Why we don't want to give you the power to kill us when you talk about killing people who break into your home?

You have these fantasies about five or six men just breaking your home and it's all insane talk... All sounds very bloodthirsty and disturbing. You go around waving the damn confederate Flag and spout online about Jesus and whatnot while bragging about how tough you are. You all sound crazy.

And it is all crazy. You've just invested all this time and energy into worrying about something that is not gonna happen. And if it does happen it's definitely not gonna happen the way you want.

I also don't know who you think you guys are? Action heroes is my guess. Bruce Willis waiting to happen.

(Ignore if you don't identify with my post. It was a general post addressing a hypothetical person. Or rather personality.)

You are right. There are places in the country that have had home invasions, but no proof of what gun helped or if any gun helped. It was often calling 911 that helped. A couple very publicized cases where having a gun did help...but were handguns or shotguns. Who woulda thought?

Guess I'm not understanding. Don't want a gun don't buy one. Don't like certain guns don't buy them. If someone is more comfortable with 911, alarm system or dog. Cool. If you are ok with none of the above great. Where is the problem?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   

They both allow you to shoot without having to reload.

Waaah?

By your definition my Colt Python .357 revolver is an 'automatic' since I can fire 6 shots before reloading.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

You are right. There are places in the country that have had hoiime invasions, but no proof of what gun helped or if any gun helped. It was often calling 911 that helped. A couple very publicized cased where having a gun did help...but were handguns or shotguns. Who woulda thought?

It doesn't matter. I think you and I agree on many issues but this I will passionately disagree. We have a 2nd amendment right for a reason. The reason has been explained previously.

It's all about freedom. If you want to have your freedoms, you have to let others have their's. You may not like what they do with it and sometimes that freedom will cross lines, which there are protections for.

But freedom is the main factor and without it you cannot have any other freedoms as you have no way of enforcing your right to be free.

We are going to disagree on the wording of the second amendment then. If you want to join an organized militia in your state...go ahead. Do you have one in your state? Does it follow the rules in regard to what weaponry it can posess? Cool, if you belong to such a thing.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 26-8-2015 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2015 by TsukiLunar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I believe AR stands for armalite. reply to: nwtrucker

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   

How much experience do you have with firearms? I have quite a bit that I am not willing to go in to detail about but in certain situations I would rather the other person had a fully-auto firearm as they are more likely to hit ceiling tiles or fire much higher than their target due to the heavy climb of fully-auto firearms.

And they are not both automatic. There is a huge difference.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Thanks for linking that genius. Read what it says carefully:

An automatic firearm continuously fires rounds as long as the trigger is pressed and held and there is ammunition in the magazine/chamber. In contrast, a semi-automatic firearm fires one round with each individual trigger-pull.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
As if that's going to do what?

People will get what they want regardless of who sells it. Most folks I know who have guns (I seem to have misplaced all of mine thank you very much) would not purchase them from Walmart anyway. If these were flying off the shelves and were Walmart's biggest seller they wouldn't pull them off the shelf no matter what anybody said. If anyone thinks this is about more than money... That's insanity.

link   

a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Never depend on wikipedia as they are often wrong.

link   

We are going to disagree on the wording of the second amendment then. If you want to join an organized militia in your state...go ahead. Do you have one in your state? Does it follow the rules in regard to what weaponry it can posess? Cool, if you belong to such a thing.

I am the first one to admit that the 2nd amendment is vague in many aspect and I wish it to be amended, but it says more than what you just stated.

the right of the people

It's not just about the organized militia. If it was that simple they would have taken our arms long ago.

Please consider, although you are against firearms, that freedom is more important.
edit on 26-8-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sunwolf

So what? Are the people on this forum infallible?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

What's to interpret?

link   

You started off saying guns for home defense and hunting are fine. Except you don't think some guns are needed. Now you are saying if you want to exercise the second amendment join a militia? But if your home is broken into chances are the militia isn't there. Why don't you stop the bs, stop changing your story, and come out and honestly say what's on your mind

link   

Why don't you read what the founders stated was the purpose of the second amendment or should I make a thread just for you.

What country before ever existed a century and half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.
Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Stephens Smith (13 November 1787), quoted in Padover's Jefferson On Democracy.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join