It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wal-Mart to Stop Selling AR-15s and Similar Weapons

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
But what about the people that need 100 round clips to defend their homes? This should make the owners of gun shops happy because they will get to pick up Walmarts slack and at higher prices.

If the 3 guys breaking in to your home all have 100 round clips on their guns, wouldn't you want one on yours?, and hope you shoot faster and truer than they do?

Not many places of cover around homes that a bullet couldn't get to though, especially if 3 guys were shooting that many rounds all over the place, but they might shoot themselves and do the job for you.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker
DPMS isn't the most doodoo on the block...I will say that. And of course, this is just my opinion.
But I had done plenty of homework, went rounds with a couple dozen different AR platforms and a handful of custom builds.
One thing I had learned pretty fast was... almost everyone thinks that their AR is the coolest thing since microwavable popcorn. Then in turn, tell everyone they know, that may be in the market, "Oh man, buy DPMS, their the bomb!"
And most will bite.
I personally went with the Barnes Precision Machine. Best AR platform I have shot to date. Easily over the custom builds as well.
I would give the Daniel Defense a solid 2nd place.
My disclaimer is...for anyone else reading this, is.....
I'm no professional, BUT....
HEAR ME NOW...
BELIEVE ME LATER.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Oh well...
AR is for armalite rifle...got it...

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I couldn't help but laugh every time I saw somebody correcting you. I could imagine you sitting there doing a face palm and shaking your head.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: RoadCourse

I'm not into a combat quality unit. A decent starter piece, I'm told. Paid 535 for each one. At my age, if I can get a one foot grouping at 100 yards, I'm a happy camper.

Seems to be a lot of keeping up with the Jones's out there. Better this, better that...lots of coin. These'll get the job done, I figure.

If I need more, I'm in deep kim chee...

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
And for the record....
It's a 'sporting rifle'.
"Assault rifle" just sounds scarier AND cooler.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

They both allow you to shoot without having to reload. Semi automatic is just the same, but with a trigger. They're just terms people use to differentiate, but they are both automatic.

you do know that a revolver is loaded with six shots right, pump shot guns depending on on the plug 3, 5, 7. bolt action rifles 5 rounds, lever action rifles have magazines that hold 5, 6,some up to 10, some lever action 22lr magazines hold 19.

none of these guns are semi auto and you don't have to reload any of these guns, they are already loaded. the only one that might be considered semi auto, maybe a double action revolver might could be considered semi, seeing how that it cocks and fires with a pull of the trigger. but most people don't consider them a semi. the others you have to manually cock to fire but the rounds are still in the gun.

edit on 26-8-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Some of the scenarios that people come up with, 6 armed people storming your home with 100 round magazines?? In what world do you live in?

That's why people are afraid of their guns being taken away, because they're afraid of everything else. Just one more thing to be afraid of.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Good point. People also fail to realize that you can take the wood parts of most semi auto rifles and replace them with plastic. It's the same machine but has a different, more militaristic look. It's cosmetic.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
My friend shot his caribou with an AR-15, worked great. Now he has meat to eat all winter long.

I kind of like the 300 blackout too for pig shooting, nice 308 bullet in an AR .556 lower...

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
Good point. People also fail to realize that you can take the wood parts of most semi auto rifles and replace them with plastic. It's the same machine but has a different, more militaristic look. It's cosmetic.

If it looks mean or military it should be illegal...

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I like Noveske and Daniel Defense, don't think Walmart sells those so no big deal to me...hehe
edit on 26-8-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Lol.
Intimidating appearance the AR is.
Most people also fail to realize.....there are so many other rifles that soooo over power the AR platform. But it's the "appearance" that freaks the people out.
"OMG, that guy has an AR-15!"

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero
'Noveske', yes....definitely worth mentioning.
Good call.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I get what your sayin' for sure.
To me, when it comes to weapons of this nature.....you get what you pay for.
Of course it's always good to save some loot.....and actually that was a small reason why I went with Barnes. An affordable '@sskicker'. 100% American made, in house.
I did nothing them (I own 2) other than an above average scope and tac light.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Good..probably all Walmart ARs are RFID chipped any way
, Besides, if any AR isn't in 243. Its worthless

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

Good..probably all Walmart ARs are RFID chipped any way , Besides, if any AR isn't in 243. Its worthless

there is really no good place to hide a RFID chip in a AR. any body that takes their weapon apart to clean it would find it in a heartbeat.

maybe a tinie tiny chip could go in the trigger group, or maybe the buffer spring, or maybe in the molded butt, but most people now days ditch the old style butts for the for a collapsible one.

edit on 27-8-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

Good..probably all Walmart ARs are RFID chipped any way , Besides, if any AR isn't in 243. Its worthless

there is really no good place to hide a RFID chip in a AR. any body that takes there weapon apart to clean it would find it in a heartbeat.

it only has to be molded or machined and plugged into the lower..its not like rocket Science..

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   

still, dont you take everything apart that will come apart,i do. and if i see a plug in the lower that i've never seen in any other, i'm gonna find out whats under it.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

still, dont you take everything apart that will come apart,i do. and if i see a plug in the lower that i've never seen in any other, i'm gonna find out whats under it.

So, you are going to drill out a plug you cant see from under whatever type of finish their supplier uses?

offset drilling into the tail before it was threaded, would be the best place to hide one

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join