It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama responds to Virginia shooting, reporter tweets about it, hilarity ensues

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: reldra

I find the whole damn thing funny. Obama makes a comment on gun violence and a reporter runs to the ends of the earth with it. And tweets abound.

If you don't see the humor in that degree of partisanship, feel free to hit that "X" up in the top right corner and see yourself out. I really have no interest in this turning into a discussion on why I find hardline partisan politics entertaining.

You still say he was 'promoting an agenda'. I disagree. However, I will not see myself out. I have no idea why you even said that.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

a reply to: buster2010

Agreed. Which makes his response to the line all the more interesting to me. Even adding the number of deaths from OIF and OEF to the total dead from terror attacks against or in the U.S. the numbers are lopsided.

So don't you think it's time we start doing something to curb the gun violence in this nation?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Agreed. Which makes his response to the line all the more interesting to me. Even adding the number of deaths from OIF and OEF to the total dead from terror attacks against or in the U.S. the numbers are lopsided.

So don't you think it's time we start doing something to curb the gun violence in this nation?

But how?

That's the question.

ETA. People bent on killing will find a way. So guns is not the issue. The issue issue is how to stop it (crazy people bent on killing). Not as easy as ppl want

Laws and legislation don't help much.

So....how?
edit on 26-8-2015 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Oh no obama said something that might offend people, hes got big balls, after he made my cat catch a bird and kill it my bathtub, oh and he made me lose my lighter on top of it.

Damn you Obama

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Guess he doesn't know that it is not PC to talk about guns in any sort of negative light.

Must be taking notes from trump and saying screw it.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It appears that the shooter was a big Obama supporter:

Warped TV reporter Vester Lee Flanagan exasperated bosses with his 'stiff and nervous' delivery, his inability to use a teleprompter - and by wearing a President Obama badge during an election report, Daily Mail Online can reveal.

Management at WDBJ dubbed the failed newsman the 'human tape recorder' because he frequently parroted what interviewees had told him rather than doing his own journalism.

Flanagan, 41, clashed repeatedly with photojournalists, belittling them in public and intimidating them with his violent temper, according to internal reports.

He was also censured for wearing an Obama sticker while recording a segment at a polling booth during the 2012 US Presidential Election - a clear breach of journalistic impartiality.

www.dailymail.co.uk... ring-Obama-badge-report-elections.html
edit on 26-8-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

It appears that the shooter was a big Obama supporter

Well I would say that certainly is germaine.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Ya he had a lot of supporters, he did win the election twice.

Does who he supported matter?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

We could just nuke the inner cities. That would take care of about 90% of it.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Ya he had a lot of supporters, he did win the election twice.

Does who he supported matter?

Obviously it mattered enough to elicit a snarky, defensive comment.

So what's wrong with contributing facts to the discussion?
I just pointed that this crazy, liberal, jackhole vociferously supported Obama.

Wouldn't it be salient if it turned out he was a big Tea-party guy...(which he clearly wasn't)?
You know it would be touted ad nauseam, if he was.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Thats some great work there bud, in a world class thread to boot.

Obama kicked my puppie did he kick yours too.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

Thats some great work there bud, in a world class thread to boot.

Obama kicked my puppie did he kick yours too.

Obama kicked your puppy? How awful for you...AND your puppy, of course.
A little off topic, don't you think?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Snarky?

I just stated the fact that he won the election twice, you do that with lots of supporters.

I just asked if it really mattered.

Was your point to show some sort of correlation or just simply a FYI?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Snarky?

I just stated the fact that he won the election twice, you do that with lots of supporters.

I just asked if it really mattered.

Was your point to show some sort of correlation or just simply a FYI?

FYI or not..the information looked like a 'fact' to me.
In fact, the article even displays a copy of the actual memorandum from the station, in which he is admonished for the 'breach of journalistic impartiality'...which is also detailed within.

Don't we all appreciate facts here...especially while discussing and attempting to gain a deeper understanding into the psychology, mindset and worldview of such a deranged killer?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

As I've said any number of times on ATS, I'm not anti gun control.

I'm anti blanket legislation removing all firearms from everybody who obeys the law.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   

The only thing that would have prevented him from getting a firearm legally, would have been a total gun ban.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

"what about 9/11"

Because we've had so many of those happen again since! Compared to Columbine and the repeats of that... right?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

ETA. People bent on killing will find a way. So guns is not the issue. The issue issue is how to stop it (crazy people bent on killing). Not as easy as ppl want

Laws and legislation don't help much.

Its true, where there is a will there is a way, it doesnt mean selling autoloaders at your local walmart to the mentally deranged for the price of a video game console is the best means of curbing the issue either.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Yes , do away with evil people. The only way

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Idk I think there is some ground between total ban and a reduction of the gun culture we have.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join