It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

As trial opens, F. Glenn Miller Jr. puts himself at scene of Jewish center shootings

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

But what if the violence manifests before the next doc appointment?

The patient can't make the determination if the treatment is controlling the violence.

SSRIs DO NOT CAUSE VIOLENCE.

That is a myth. It is an idiotic attack. "Anti-depressants" don't cause people to snap and kill other people.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I am not a proponent of the death penalty. Just so you know.

I wasn't suggesting otherwise, nor saying I'm for or against...

Merely stating its now an inevitability...
Given how it's going so far.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I know, no worries.
The "death penalty" is wrong, I think. "Why do we kill people who kill people to show that killing people is wrong?"

But, locking people up in solitary confinement is also wrong. Twenty-three hours a day with no human contact will drive a person mad. It DOES drive prisoners mad.

The whole system needs to be reinvented.
And then you come to private prisons (total racket),

and the years (even decades) of "Appeals" in which the lawyers rake it in.......(total racket),

and judges taking bribes to make sure the prisons remain 90% full or they get "fined" by the prison....

it is
ALL INSANE.

But, we're off-topic. The guy on trial now for killing 3 people in broad daylight who ADMITS to being a Neo-Nazi AND a Ku Klux Klan honcho AND an 'underground militia' is being largely ignored by MSM (at least as far as I know), but the today shooter of news teams is getting all the 'publicity'.....

What the......???
WHY are we not (as a country) DOING something about this?

Oh. Wait.

Right....I forgot. Because PROFITS.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

SSRIs DO NOT CAUSE VIOLENCE.

That is a myth. It is an idiotic attack. "Anti-depressants" don't cause people to snap and kill other people.

Some people disagree.

Even some warnings come from the manufacturers as well.

Medication Madness: The Dark Side of Anti-Depressants

What is Prozac?

Hmmm.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Prozac is an SSRI.
You are buying into propaganda.
EVERY practitioner knows that:

A) SSRIs take several days to a few weeks to take effect. When the semimonthly or weekly 'med check' happens, the patient and the doc review how things are going......

and

B) EVERY client who expresses homicidal or suicidal impulses and who does not agree to hold off until his next appointment is reported to the Protective Services and put under supervision.

JEEZUS PLEEZUS!! WHY do you have to do this? Your smiley laughy cool emoticons NEVER add anything but "spin" and "trolling".

If you don't have anything to say about the disparate coverage between today's shooting, and the 1.5 year old shooting that is now being tried...then please, just....cease. Desist.

You don't know what you're talking about. Stop spreading right-wing sensationalist garbage.
Please.

edit on 8/26/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: grammar

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Selective Seratonin Reuptake Inhibitor.

SSRI.

It INCREASES the production of Seratonin in the brain, by blocking the 'reuptake' (recycling) of the seratonin that is already happening in the brain. It produces more Seratonin. Which helps people who have ..............

never mind. I know you are not really interested.

Just, stop spreading propaganda. PLEASE.
Please.

EDIT:

WHAT THE HELL does ANY of that have to do with the guy who murdered three people outside a Jewish Community Center, OR the nutjob who shot a reporter and cameraman to death?

I am addressing how the MSM was all over this case of the shooting 16 months ago, which case is NOW IN COURT, but take no interest in it (the trial) when there's a "new shooting" to cover.

Just. Please.
Lay off me, okay?
edit on 8/26/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Well your opening post does say:

: BuzzyWigs

For my part? I think we need to talk about mental health in this country. And propaganda. And how these killers are messed up by whatever popular "meme" of persecution complex is on the MSM.

This is INSANE. Enough.

Hmmm.

What else would we need to talk about?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

What?

WHAT is the relevance of this post of yours....??!!
I am talking about psychopaths who, because of propaganda and being triggered by media into hate crimes are people who ARE MENTALLY ILL to begin with.....who need help. And it takes a shooting spree for them to be addressed appropriately????

GAH!

The blame belongs at the feet of society - the MSM - the big corporations - the Law Enforcement industry - etc.

gah. whatever, xuen.

You are such a waste of time and energy on the threads where I've run into you. Goldmember or not. bleh

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Well OK.

I agree the MSM plays a role in how people are influenced.

Let's discover some details about this fella on trial and how the MSM may have influenced his actions.

So perhaps he never got any medical "treatment" and the violence was triggered by varieties of MSM absorption?

Does this make sense?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I agree the MSM plays a role in how people are influenced.

Let's discover some details about this fella on trial and how the MSM may have influenced his actions.

That is exactly what is happening, and what he is going to present to the jury as his "defense." - The MSM news that motivated him to do this.
What do you not understand about this?

So perhaps he never got any medical "treatment" and the violence was triggered by varieties of MSM absorption?

He is SAYING that the MSM is his defense.
He was a Neo-Nazi, KKK leader guy. He has already SAID that the "news" (MSM) is what sent him off his rocker and into the streets to kill innocent people walking outside of a Jewish Community Center and a Jewish Retirement Community.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Assuming no medical issues, perhaps the MSM influence was because of conflicting issues on at least two sides of the Middle East issues that sometimes flood the MSM.

Many American hate groups are usually anti-Jewish.

And some are also anti-Muslim and anti-Jewish.

I don't know what the end result of a defense will be.

edit on Aug-26-2015 by xuenchen because: [666-34]

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

He chose to watch the MSM, so end of story there.

Many American hate groups are usually anti-Jewish.

Like who?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Assuming no medical issues,

He has "medical issues."

told The Kansas City Star in a phone interview earlier this year that he wanted to kill Jews when he undertook the attacks. He also said that he acted because he is terminally ill with emphysema.

Read more here: www.kansascity.com...=cpy

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Just, stop. Please.
I know the Mental Health Profession inside and out. Don't derail the thread.

Wow! Now that's rich. Really rich in view of your OP statement:

For my part? I think we need to talk about mental health in this country. And propaganda. And how these killers are messed up by whatever popular "meme" of persecution complex is on the MSM.

However, when a part of the dysfunctional mental health system in which you have complete faith is questioned you go all army on the comment.
If those drugs were truly safe and made everybody fine the FDA would not be requiring those companies to put Black Box Warnings on the drugs.
You've obviously brought into the propaganda put out by the pharmaceutical companies so why would you be amazed that others can be influenced by what they see on a screen?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

He has "medical issues."

told The Kansas City Star in a phone interview earlier this year that he wanted to kill Jews when he undertook the attacks. He also said that he acted because he is terminally ill with emphysema.

Perhaps some reactions due to steroid treatment/abuse?

And the added MSM influences put him over the ledge.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I don't know. I just know the guy killed 3 people in cold blood in broad daylight 16 months ago, was a leader of the KKK, ran for office more than once, and was a Nazi.

He has admitted that.

As far as SSRIs and "violence" go - the "jury" is still out on that. If given to ADOLESCENTS, yes, it can cause problems. We are talking about MENTAL HEALTH in general. And a 74-year old guy.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

However, when a part of the dysfunctional mental health system in which you have complete faith is questioned you go all army on the comment.

I left the "Mental Health" profession when I figured out about the corruption, over-medication, and agency fundraising tactics.

I don't have "complete faith" in it, not at all.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:11 PM
link   
@xuen:
This is from your second link:

You should not use Prozac if you also take pimozide or thioridazine, or if you are being treated with methylene blue injection.

Do not use Prozac if you have taken an MAO inhibitor in the past 14 days. A dangerous drug interaction could occur. MAO inhibitors include isocarboxazid, linezolid, phenelzine, rasagiline, selegiline, and tranylcypromine. You must wait at least 14 days after stopping an MAO inhibitor before you can take Prozac. You must wait 5 weeks after stopping Prozac before you can take thioridazine or an MAOI.

Some young people have thoughts about suicide when first taking an antidepressant. Your doctor will need to check your progress at regular visits while you are using Prozac. Your family or other caregivers should also be alert to changes in your mood or symptoms.

Report any new or worsening symptoms to your doctor, such as: mood or behavior changes, anxiety, panic attacks, trouble sleeping, or if you feel impulsive, irritable, agitated, hostile, aggressive, restless, hyperactive (mentally or physically), more depressed, or have thoughts about suicide or hurting yourself.

If you also take olanzapine (Zyprexa), read the Zyprexa medication guide and all patient warnings and instructions provided with that medication.

You should not use Prozac if you are allergic to fluoxetine, if you also take pimozide or thioridazine, or if you are being treated with methylene blue injection.

To make sure Prozac is safe for you, tell your doctor if you have:

cirrhosis of the liver;
kidney disease;
diabetes;
narrow-angle glaucoma;
seizures or epilepsy;
bipolar disorder (manic depression);
a history of drug abuse or suicidal thoughts;
or
if you are being treated with electroconvulsive therapy (ECT).

Like I said - COMORBID .

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
This douche bag gunned down three innocent people, honest to god folks, why is there even a trial. I am a very liberal kind of guy, but if this scumbag had been shot while resisting, I would honor that officer. Sunnaabitch, people grow a pair, this guy needs a bullet.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:25 PM
link   

a reply to: diggindirt

I left the "Mental Health" profession when I figured out about the corruption, over-medication, and agency fundraising tactics.

I don't have "complete faith" in it, not at all.

Now we have an area of agreement. I left the pharmacy business when I realized that we were actually doing more harm than good handing out those pills.
But in the classes I had to take to be qualified to hand out those pills I learned a lot of chemistry and biology. One of the things I learned in biology is that no two human bodies/brains will react in exactly the same manner to the introduction of chemicals. The horrendous effects of the over-use of SSRIs had been carefully swept under the rug by the same media corporations who reap billions of dollars each year from the advertising of Big Pharma.

What caused this man to do this horrible deed? I have no idea. I can only speculate... Most emphysema patients are treated with medications that are "amped-up" with low doses of steroids. I've seen these meds give some people the exact opposite reaction as intended, some after they'd been on the meds for extended periods of time.
Without looking into that man's brain and taking blood samples from him on the day of the shooting, I don't think anyone could prove conclusively what triggered the twist in the pathways that led him to do what he did.
Saying it was strictly one influence, whether chemical, electrical, or emotional would be nonsense. The brain runs on electricity generated by the chemicals in the system. Emotions cause the levels of those chemicals to rise and fall, thus interrupting the electrical impulses. Introducing foreign chemicals is always tricky for predicting absolute results.

edit on 26-8-2015 by diggindirt because: spelling and clarity

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join