It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One weird weather balloon? ("Humanoid UFO") Aug 9 2015 footage

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: HalfLeaf

Being next to LA, probably a movie something or other. This has happened many times before with other objects.

Did anyone triangulate down to see what/where it's tethered to?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Yummy... Stay Puft S'mores

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
It looks like Boba Fett to me.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalfLeaf

originally posted by: CallmeRaskolnikov
seems to have a kind of holographic glow around it at times. i wonder if it's something being projected into the sky project blue beam style.

also seems to just have one leg which i think would rule out the Michelin man balloon. thought it is kinda bulbous and puffy looking.

very strange.

I noticed the glow as well, though it could be some kind of reflection/whatever

originally posted by: network dude
it's convenient that there were high res cameras on tripods for this impromptu event.
Why that almost never happens......

I'm a skeptic too, however;

It's so funny to me how this argument is almost completely useless yet it's used by "debunkers" at every turn, either it's "if this was real I'm sure more people would have seen it and we'd have more than one blurry picture", and if a group of people with professional cameras and telescopes actually do catch something, it's "how convenient there was a group of people to see it and take pics"

Seriously? What are you suggesting, they created whatever they're filming just for the heck of it? I had a look at some other clips of them and apparently they get together specifically to spot UFO's. As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing strange about that. Do you accuse wildlife spotters of organizing the events they capture too?

a reply to: smurfy

Because I have no idea what an astronaut balloon looks like yet I'm also not one to go "ALIENS" at every picture of a UFO, so I went with some of the more common explanations as to make it clear I'm considering all options. Also, I found this clip on reddit with only 2 comments underneath it and both lacked insight, so I figured the ATS crowd could get me some better info, such as the Michelin man which I completely overlooked (I'm from Europe and the only time I remember the Michelin man as a big inflatable is from Ghostbusters)

That I cannot argue with, bad blurrey pic, fake. Professional setup catches something, fake. Good point.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Looks like Flogo.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
It is probably a Storm Trooper, Helium Filled party balloon. LIKE THIS. My son and I have seen them in some of the grocery stores so I recognized it as quite similar right away.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Maybe this?

or this

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Looks like a 70 inch Stormtrooper AIrWalker balloon...minus the gun.

Stormship Trooper balloon

edit on 27-8-2015 by gavron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
going on just the still images in the preview i was prepared to accept it as a runaway novelty-type balloon of some kind
but on watching, that really just doesn't seem to gel
the way it moves just isn't how balloon people do - the "arm" appears to have some weight and momentum
and don't even get me started on the whole 'something in its hand' claim, or the weird brightness at the end.
one final coffin nail for it being a balloon - it only has one 'leg' and potentially only one 'arm'.
balloon people cannot lose limbs and remain inflated/aloft, it's just not possible.
whether it's alien or not, or if it presages anything, who knows? with a little luck we'll find out.
it would be really nice if there was footage not affiliated with that group, too. for completion's sake.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I'm baffled.

How can anyone watch the video, then look at the Michelin man inflatable thing, and NOT conclude that that is indeed what the "UFO" is?!

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 07:54 AM
link   
My instant thought was Michelin Man too, they come in all sizes.

Think we can class this as a balloon.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

a reply to: smurfy

Because I have no idea what an astronaut balloon looks like yet I'm also not one to go "ALIENS" at every picture of a UFO, so I went with some of the more common explanations as to make it clear I'm considering all options. Also, I found this clip on reddit with only 2 comments underneath it and both lacked insight, so I figured the ATS crowd could get me some better info, such as the Michelin man which I completely overlooked (I'm from Europe and the only time I remember the Michelin man as a big inflatable is from Ghostbusters)

Here's one in the shade, easy to picture in the clear and sunny sky, and they come in all sizes, not that it matters here!

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
In this article the mystery behind the humanoid ufo is explained.

humanoid ufo explained

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

ATS, what is this? I searched "humanoid UFO" on here but couldn't find this video posted yet.

So here's the footage, three different angles and seen/recorded by a whole bunch of people.

Link in case embed doesn't work: www.youtube.com...

Is this an explainable phenomenon? An elaborate hoax? Some kind of projection (bluebeam comes to mind)?

I'm at a loss here tbh, it reminds me of the HONDA ASIMO Humanoid[/url] but what's it doing way up in the sky?

Is this channel known for hoaxes?

Thanks a lot for your insight!

It's not moving its limbs so my opinion is that someone filled a suit with helium as a joke. Also, it resembles the The Solway Firth Spaceman. Those crazy guys!

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
It looks like Boba Fett to me.

Yea I was gonna say looks like an inflatable Stormtrooper to me.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: 19Hondo
In this article the mystery behind the humanoid ufo is explained.

humanoid ufo explained

Did you bother watching the clip I posted and the link you refer to? Because they're pretty obviously unrelated

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

They are pretty obviously unrelated says you. Maybe you lack the imagination to see the implications of the video I posted?

I have been flying model planes, helicopters, quadcopters, even the rc foam superman similar to that which was on the video I posted for many years...... It is VERY easy to duplicate the humanoid ufo. The video I posted was just an example of how it can easily be done.

You can program it using the same programming that drones use to fly really high above ground and hover like it was doing so that way people can observe it and take videos and pictures with their cameras. Then fly off away from camera sight back to your back yard or where ever you launched it from. It is not hard to do.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Looks like the Michelin man...

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
yikes i created a thread about i think the same video before seeing this one from prior .yea looks like michelin man and also reminds me of some sort of weird mummynaut hybrid

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join