It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are all Slaves on So Many Levels

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I wish things were different. We have chosen the life style of money.

It is such a burden and the reason for human nature to be chaotic.

How do we become a slave for Love?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

What do you go to work for? Whenever you identify that thing, you will find your master.

I don't go to work for anyone but myself. I suppose I am the master?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Are you money? If not, then no you are not the master. You work for money, not yourself.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Are you money? If not, then no you are not the master. You work for money, not yourself.

Money is a slave master? Is that your premise? Something with no volition is to enslave humanity... Sir, I think you are a slave to your own imagination.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

If whoever you work for, whether it be yourself or someone else, told you tomorrow that they would stop paying you for your work, what would you do? Would you work for free? I doubt it. Money is your master, whether it has volition or not.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

If whoever you work for, whether it be yourself or someone else, told you tomorrow that they would stop paying you for your work, what would you do? Would you work for free? I doubt it. Money is your master, whether it has volition or not.

Though I doubt it, one day you may meet an actual slave. Tell him about your slavery, and how you are whipped and starved and confined by a wide variety of inanimate objects.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dominicus
There are always two ways of looking at something. You can say a farmer is a slave to his farm, as he has to toil every day to make it productive. Or you can say he is the master of his farm, as he chooses to do the farming so he will have the benefit of the crops. They are the same thing, but one makes the farmer look diminished and the other makes him look powerful. Words, words, words. You can decide what mood you want to have, and then say everything in a positive way or a negative way, and your mood will be confirmed.

I hope you choose a positive mood. There is so much to wonder at in the world, a positive attitude can help to enjoy it.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: StanFL

Not only that, but it is a matter of skirting responsibility, claiming oneself as too powerless, too slave-like to change their situation, and blaming everyone (and apparently everything) but themselves for their situation. This sort of attitude allows one to remain there longer.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

There are those who control money, if it is not money itself you work for then it is for them who control it. If you have a paying job, you work for those who control the money. You are their slave because if you want a decent life you have to go through them to have it at least in today's society.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Whatever you wish to tell yourself, enlightened. The key word here is "want". Because I want a decent life. Because I want to live in todays society. Because I want money. Someone who doesn't want them can simply walk away without their shackles. The only thing you are a slave to are your desires and passions, and you blame everything else because you cannot realize them.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Slaves can "want" to remain slaves you know. Stockholm Syndrome.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Slaves can "want" to remain slaves you know. Stockholm Syndrome.

If you wish to compare your slavery to that of a hostage, go ahead, but I wager you live nothing like them.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: dominicus

I wouldn't say "Slave to the body". More like Slave to the system. We aren't farming our own food. Many people don't know how to cook or able to access the ability to cook. We constantly require the media and corporations to produce our food for us. We don't have time to do some farming also because we work 8 hour+ a day(some/most people do). If you don't work more than 8hr+ you can't support your house which would be taxation. As for people with their mansions that is their fault especially the ones who buys out lands and leave their mansions empty. What good are empty multiple mansions for when there is no one living there?
edit on 26-8-2015 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
It is a full circular argument....

It is a matter of preference to stay "enslaved" to the masters of money.... Glass half full, glass half empty.

Until, we see that a better "system" is a choice, or we have no choice but to move and instead some will opt to die. "Syrians die crossing borders, and leaving their homes behind".... "Greek to follow too???".

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Not that easy these days for just walking away.

Every piece of land (at least here) is owned so you have to pay.
You aren't allowed to set up a tent in a forest, you would get arrested and fined.
I go hunt something, I am not allowed to kill something without a license.

The only thing that could be possible is begging or stealing I guess.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
"Puppet masters" another more accurate description of goverment heads who believe they are acting freely yet all the main agendas are set by someone else (the grand priests/adjustment bureau/aliens/demons).
"Have to" and "want to" are two very different things.
When the game of survival is set to hard more people will return to the old/ original ways of permaculture and self sufficiency. Until this becomes illegal, it is our only choice.
FREE LAND FOR ALL.
1Ha each for perpetuity to create a space of love, of living, edible art that only gets more abundant with time.
All human constructs deteriorate with time, nature is perfect, always was. All we need ask is am I choosing a destructive existence or a creative one.

We are devolving not evolving folks!

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I can't believe I am actually typing this, on this one issue I agree with LM.

Life is about living. Sure its not perfect but to suggest we are slaves is inappropriate. Seriously, if you do not like they way your life is going then change it. Its not like someone is going to torture or kill you because you wanted to do that.

That's Slavery.

edit on 26-8-2015 by Kashai because: Content edit

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

There is more than just one kind of slavery you know, there isn't a one size fits all definition of the word. You seem to think I'm calling you a slave held against his will and who is beaten bloody if he disobeys. I'm speaking of another type of slavery.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Still we are/became very depended of the system. If the system breaks down (economic collapse/hyperinflation or war), riots emerge, chaos... and lots and lots of dead people.

Also this system right now is very very destructive already.. many scientists say ''Our time is running out'':

So if I opted to get out of this system I still see how the system I left is having such a great impact on everything, the waters - most of it I can't drink (very unhealthy now!), the air also is getting less healthy, especially close to city's and highways.

And with this climate change if I opted to get children I fear of their future because of this system from which I escaped or at least I thought!
edit on 26-8-2015 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

There is more than just one kind of slavery you know, there isn't a one size fits all definition of the word. You seem to think I'm calling you a slave held against his will and who is beaten bloody if he disobeys. I'm speaking of another type of slavery.

I understand. Out of curiosity, what type of slavery would that be?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join