It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My opinion on aliens that may be visiting earth and why...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Wow, long post! While they may have been aware of us for a long time, I think our nuclear tests alerted them that we were something they needed to check out. It's no accident the saucers started coming right after WW2. At this point, I would say the recon has been done, and the deal with our own government has been done, too. No more saucers over U.S. airspace, no more abductions. Yeah, it's a done deal now.
a reply to: Blakester

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   
I also think we're being visited and have been for centuries, why! Well that's another matter if they are guardians or we are part of some experiment they must be pretty worried about what were up to. Especially with the amount of nukes about. And look at the population explosion, on the other hand maybe this is the way they expect their experiment to go and want to see the final outcome however it ends.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Why do the aliens even have to be from somewhere else?

I say it could be us, but from an unfortunate future in which we have also mastered time travel. We have finally wreaked havoc on the planet and have been forced to go underground, for who knows how long. Over this extended period of time we have evolved larger heads, lost muscle and of course pigment and have become - the greys.

Traveling back in time is an attempt to prevent the apocalypse that has already been caused for them. Maybe that's why they keep shutting off our nuclear silos.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
So, let me get this straight...

You guys believe that they are secretely watching us for various possible reasons. They are doign so from a distance and without making themselves known to us.

And they do this...by flyign great big ships with flashing and blinking lights on the outside of their ships. They have mastered interstellar travel, but cant seem to realise that we can see the lights on their ships. Never occurd to them to switch them off.

No, they just fly around in big glowing ships. Never mind sending tiny, dark drones down to spy on us...no, they fly their fairy light covered mothership. Maybe they are waiting for their drone delivery from Amazon Galactic.

You guys want to belive so badly , which i understand. I studied physics at uni and have a deep love of all things scientific and astonomical and i pray to the stars that i live to see first contact. I just prefer to stay grounded and live in the real world than make things in my head.

Just my two cents. And 99.9% of the "ufo" videos on ATS are so laughable, that consider them to blame for most people thinking UFO believers are "weird"

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014
I agree I doubt if any visitor would make there presence known with lights flashing but that doesn't mean they've never been and are still not visiting. There are lots of strong witness testimony from very reliable sources who have seen what can only be described as unidentified flying objects. And high level ex employees of NASA who also confirm that visits have been made. Maurice Chatelain for example.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: redchad
I agree I doubt if any visitor would make there presence known with lights flashing but that doesn't mean they've never been and are still not visiting. There are lots of strong witness testimony from very reliable sources who have seen what can only be described as unidentified flying objects. And high level ex employees of NASA who also confirm that visits have been made. Maurice Chatelain for example.

Why are government and nasa staff completely untrustworthy unless they are backing up ones beliefs in which case, every word they utter is gospel.

Im not into anecdotal evidence at all. You believe you saw iridium pooping unicorns? Good for you. Show me pics or videos.

As for the source, when it comes to the truth, all sources are as believable when you strip away evidence

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parthin96
Wow, long post! While they may have been aware of us for a long time, I think our nuclear tests alerted them that we were something they needed to check out. It's no accident the saucers started coming right after WW2. At this point, I would say the recon has been done, and the deal with our own government has been done, too. No more saucers over U.S. airspace, no more abductions. Yeah, it's a done deal now.

Actually it was distributed electricity that ramped their curiosity ten fold. When Westinghouse and Edison started delivering power by wire, a group "hmmmm" was sighed and the investigation was on. Radio, then, was the proverbial icing on the cake...

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Wow, I'm glad everyone has been replying to what I thought would be a blog put up by me and mostly ignored! LOL! I've just always listened to Michael Kaiku and other scientists who make good speculations and simple extensions of what most likely intelligence means and would do? I'm surprised so many people have the opinion the aliens guide and/or control us and have been here before humans were here, etc. While I can't say they didn't if they did I don't think they would have found anything special about the dinosaurs or early man as to tinker with our chromosomes and sit back and watch us over millennia. I feel like at the end when we finally make it to space it would be the biggest punch line in the world if we go out there feeling like we have the whole universe in our hands and they appear and say "guess what assholes?...We made you....(insert Vincent Price maniacal laugh here). I truly don't think there is anything that special about us or our planet. Of course WE do. But if faster than light travel was discovered today it would open the whole universe to us and I think we'd be surprised by what we find. I "think" it would be the whole spectrum from microbes to equivalents of the Borg on Star Trek. Planet finding is in it's infancy. Up until several years ago a lot of planetary scientists said our existence and our solar system is incredibly rare and unique. The large planets block out a lot of the comets and asteroids and we are in the perfect "goldilocks" zone which makes the fact that we are here unique. We now have found over 500 other worlds and keep counting. Recently we think we have found a super-earth. So it looks like they were way wrong cause we have only started counting. I do think it's likely we could get smacked by an asteroid or a comet though. World War 3? I don't think so. I think it will take something crazy like Iran lobbing a nuke into the heart of Israel to make us all realize the horror and self destruction a nuclear war would create. Same to the fear of a superbug or government engineered menace or even a zombie plague. I just see us being more threatened by political unrest of governments giving out too many goodies and taxing the hell out of anyone with a job catching up to them like a snake eating it's tale (can you say Greece?) and then you have a planet destroying itself from the inside but I'm getting off the main subject.

I just have NO idea why nearly 40 years later they won't design an improved life experiment and send it to Mars???? I mean come on! It's almost like they are afraid they will find it, but don't want the political ramifications (which in my opinion would be huge). It's like someone already said on here, the religions would be shaken up badly. I saw on the Discovery channel how they determined the controversial "Mars microbacteria asteroid" found at the north pole was determined to be without a doubt from Mars. It was very what I call "scientifically thick and long" but when it explained how they determined it, it made perfect sense and even the religions don't question if it came from Mars just whether the structures in the asteroid were bacteria. So IF we find evidence of microbes and they determine that we came from there when they do their scientific processes of elimination and outcome with it then yes the government is likely to lost control on a lot of things. The populations may become less angry towards other countries and the peoples my push harder for peace. There may be a renewed demand to explore more, end the arms races that still continue, etc. That means the government loses what they love and value most...CONTROL. That in my opinion also is why they dance all over it with their discoveries of methane that waxes and wanes with the seasons which is a big indicator of life but they won't even say it "likely" means life. Methane can only be produced by life or by seepage from a volcano. It is completely agreed that Mars has zero active volcanoes. So unless the aliens are pulling a huge cosmic joke by flying to a lifeless world (Mars) opening their hatches and farting and dumping their bathroom waste just to fool us I'm betting there is some form of extreme environment bacteria that has made the survival leap.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I believe within the next 20 years we will find bacterial life on Mars and perhaps one of Jupiter or Saturn's moons.

I am agreeing with you.

If you went back 100 years there would be no advanced "anything" on this planet.

Yeh!Just fire and the wheel it was a terrible place. Especially that World War thing with Europeans throwing pebbles at each other.

You do realize we had ships, trains, roads, aeroplanes, even radio was in it's infancy and medicine was advancing?
For thousands of years before that we'd done a hell of a lot more as a species like building pyramids, studying mathematics etc....

What would we do first? Probably visit the planets we are finding with the planet finder telescopes whose spectrum size and distance from the sun is similar to ours and possible if we can detect methane in it's atmosphere.

Well actually some of the exo-planets that are thought to have liquid water are much nearer to their suns because they are not like our sun.

Plus don't forget that on this planet dinosaurs were the dominant species till a giant asteroid or two wandered into earth's orbit. Unless that had happened we wouldn't be here and it might be dinosaurs still plodding around doing nothing more than eating each other. After all, they existed pretty much unchanged for 65 million years.

No mate dinosaurs evolved over time from around 230m years ago until many of them died out in the mass extinction 65m years ago.

You obviously don't know a lot of basic facts. All this can be looked up on the web if you haven't had the best of educations and never read books or watch many documentaries on TV.

I'll give you credit for using your imagination. But I suspect you wrote a lot of this off the top of your head and your analogy about video games speaks volumes (or gigabytes). But granted they never had them in World War I a hundred years ago.
edit on 27/8/15 by mirageman because: typos

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Yes, radio, traveling at light speed, could have reached there planet some decades later. Since we can now learned about exoplanets, which we couldn't do until recently, I would say it's safe to assume that more advanced civilizations could learn much more about us without leaving their own planet. At some point, nuclear tests or radio for example, our advancing technology was detected, and they decided to pay us a visit, before we advanced to the point when we would extend our reach to the stars. Based on numerous reports which due to government secrecy are unverifiable, it seems some sort of accomodation was reached. While I would like to know more, I feel that the national security advantages, as well as the disruption such knowledge would cause the general population (50% of whom cannot accept the 19th century theory of evolution), support a continued vail of secrecy. I think at this point, Joe Average needs to backed into it by a disclosure of alien microbes, which we know exist, or could know exist with the proper tests.
a reply to: NightFlight

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

“The hassle over the word "evidence" boils down to one question: What constitutes evidence? Edward J. Ruppelt, who headed the U.S Air Force’s secret investigation of UFOs in the early 1950s, once wrote. “Does a UFO have to land at the River Entrance to the Pentagon, near the Joint Chiefs of Staff offices? Or is it evidence when a ground radar station detects a UFO, sends a jet to intercept it, the jet pilot sees it, and locks on with his radar, only to have the UFO streak away at a phenomenal speed? Is it evidence when a jet pilot fires at a UFO and sticks to his story even under the threat of court-martial? Does this constitute evidence?”

So go on what evidence would satisfy you?

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: data5091
I too share the opinion that we have been and are being visited and watched. Its very possible in my opinion some of their technology would include being cloaked. Can't rule it in or out.

"They" have probably always been here. That school of thought seems to be supported if we give the very early records and info hamded down from the major ancient civilizations.
edit on 28-8-2015 by Logarock because: n

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:21 AM
link   

If, they are here and they are not manifestations from our collective unconscious, and they are a true space faring species and they are playing cloak and dagger games, and catch and release study's, then in my opinion they are malevolent and are of the utmost threat to humanity.

Whatever their plan is in such a scenario, is not to the benefit of the human race, simply because of the methods reported in abductions and UFO cases. I prefer to keep an open mind and skeptical I have my own ideas, of what they could be.

Truth is we don't know, there is however a # ton of evidence to suggest something inexplicable is happening but what is happening we don't know. So everything after that is just conjecture. We need to continue to gather evidence, and investigate credible claims.
edit on 28-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock

originally posted by: data5091
I too share the opinion that we have been and are being visited and watched. Its very possible in my opinion some of their technology would include being cloaked. Can't rule it in or out.

"They" have probably always been here. That school of thought seems to be supported if we give the very early records and info hamded down from the major ancient civilizations.

Yes, i too think its very smart to take every word ancient civilisations wrote about as gospel. After all, thgey were aware of quantum mechanics, the makeup of atoms, quarks, the solar system and galaxies/nebulae etc... They obviuously had flying machines, knew about the mechanics of flight. Im sure they never feared people who look different to them and made up stories about them.

Otherwise, taking their word on incrtedible things like UFOs and aliens would be very silly indeed.

Oh wait, you are.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Just saw this in the news. Do we have a reading on this one? www.ewao.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

I actually am a medical doctor in emergency medicine. I have a masters of science and a masters in occupational safety and health too. Actually I did type it off the top of my head. Mostly intended to be why I think aliens would only be a few hundred years ahead of us. I'll admit I threw off some of those periods off the top of my head and meant them to be generalizations. If you went back to 1915 there were few cars and roads, and you are right the dinosaurs were around and evolving for a long time but were not seemingly making gains in intelligence. The video game analogy was just that. We can watch apes play and be entertained by it, but eventually get bored and move on and they are very near us biologically. We aren't trying to find ways to tinker with their genes to make them smarter or pushing them one way or another to essentially say and impress upon them to "protect and take care of your rain forest and also don't venture far from it or face our wrath". I believe an alien species or two may enjoy watching us, especially if they have only fairly recently become an interstellar travelling culture (think how cluttered with our stuff the moon is and also mars is? We have probes that are either in orbit or have landed on a lot of our own planets in this solar system) but I simply find it hard to believe a group of aliens are watching us and saying to themselves, "If we don't corral those humans to their own planet before you know it they will populate the entire known universe!"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join