It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edgar Mitchell follows up on recent interview

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: Uggielicious

I called you on the carpet because you support Mitchell and his ramblings.

Put your glasses back on and read what I wrote; you were too busy blustering to actually listen. I disagree with plenty of Mitchell's published views and also refuse to label him a nut. I'm currently disagreeing with you and in no way consider you a nut.

You can disagree with me all day long but you cannot consider me a nut because I'm not going around making unsupportable comments. Since it's impossible to compare me with Mitchell 'cause he has the reputation to be sought as an ex-astronaut who visited the moon (never mind the Noetic part) and his opinion will always be asked regardless of the topic. The only reputation I can provide is that I was on a couple of game shows in the '80s and my partner Linda and I STUMPED THE BAND on THE TONIGHT SHOW starring Johnny Carson in 1973 (video on YouTube). Since I think that Johnny had an interest in UFOs if he had asked my opinion on the air, as it were, I would not have fed him questionable material which had been told to me."

He hasn't seen UFOs. He wasn't at Roswell in 1947. He has no evidence for the reality of extraterrestrials. ESP is still in the lab. Etc. So, contrary to what you say above, Mitchell hasn't "arrived at his own conclusions and beliefs through experience."

You're repeating what I already know and have written on this site before. He's still arrived at his own conclusions, right? Can you understand that he draws his own conclusions? As for beliefs? We all have them. 'Through experience?' If some guys he trusts tell him they've seen aliens and spaceships, I call that 'experience.' His time with the mischief-makers of SRI* was an experience too. His views on consciousness were long-held and amplified by his Apollo 14 experience. So contrary to your beliefs, Mitchell has indeed drawn from experience.

Uggie: "All right, he draws his own conclusions. But when you start with faulty material you'll draw wrong conclusions. No, we all don't have a belief system, I certainly don't. I could never say 'I believe.' I'm an ex-hypnotist and any hypnotist will confirm that a belief system is acquired from mental pressure. A hypnotist can make a subject believe outrageous things. The belief may temporary such as during a stage show. You cannot validate Mitchell's experiences. To end, Mitchell's astronautiic accomplishments earned him a certain reputation but he is not automatically a UFO authority nor a spokesperson. For crying out loud, listen to him speak, he's gullible!

* professional BSers

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa

Ignorance is rampant! I'll continue with the rest of your reply tomorrow, it's past 3am in NYC and I gotta hit the sack. Ciao".

Aw heck. Now I have to wait till tomorrow to get my recommended daily allowance of Wrong?

You sound as if you are on a diet since my wrongs don't contain any calories.

And how do you suggest I correct my wrongs after first listing my wrongs and how you know that I'm wrong, of course.

posted on Sep, 7 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

And how do you suggest I correct my wrongs after first listing my wrongs and how you know that I'm wrong, of course.

I know you're wrong because I have encountered aliens directly.
As far as correcting your wrongs? That's easy enough. Start saying things that are right.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scdfa

I know you're wrong because I have encountered aliens directly.
As far as correcting your wrongs? That's easy enough. Start saying things that are right.

No you have not encountered aliens directly or indirectly. You are delusional. If your life depended on it you could not provide one iota of evidence. All you are trying to do is bring attention to yourself.

Let's discuss Edgar Mitchell instead as he is the subject of the thread, not your pitiful blabbing which is irritating everyone except for your supporters and now you've also attracted a Moderator in another thread that your bs is ruining. Get over yourself. Actually, get a life and move on.

posted on Sep, 9 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

No you have not encountered aliens directly or indirectly. You are delusional. If your life depended on it you could not provide one iota of evidence. All you are trying to do is bring attention to yourself.

Yes, I'm bringing attention to myself by posting in a forum anonymously.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   

No you have not encountered aliens directly or indirectly. You are delusional.

He's irritating no-one, in fact you've irritated me and I don't even feel like getting involved, but since what i quoted above, i feel compelled to.

You have no right to tell someone they're delusional, you haven't experienced what other people have, therefore you have absolutely no idea at all about the impact an experience like Scdfa has had.

We can't see Dark Matter but does that mean it isn't there? Same applies to encounters of an unexplained phenomenon. (Yes it's still unexplained).

You're foolish, naive, ignorant and worst of all, inconsiderate.

posted on Sep, 10 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa

Yes, I'm bringing attention to myself by posting in a forum anonymously.

Well, you certainly aren't trying to be ignored. Actually, nobody posting here wants to be ignored and we all want attention in one way or another.

As far as you being delusional...whatever our differences, there is no reason to say you are delusional. Many people have had your type of experience and each person may interpret those experiences differently. None of them are delusional either.

Delusional means a persistent belief despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary and Its really in the realm of mental illness.

You may be a lot of things but you aren't delusional.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: ZetaRediculian

Delusional means a persistent belief despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary and Its really in the realm of mental illness.

You may be a lot of things but you aren't delusional.

Why, thank you, Zeta. You're a gentleman and a scholar.

My main delusion is that the Buffalo Bills might make the playoffs.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: skyblueworld

You have no right to tell someone they're delusional, you haven't experienced what other people have, therefore you have absolutely no idea at all about the impact an experience like Scdfa has had.

I appreciate that, skyblueworld. We haven't talked much, but I usually star your posts, you clearly understand the UFO situation.

These experiences do have a profound impact. Whether positive or negative, it is honestly both.
But I wouldn't opt out of knowing what I know for a simpler, limited understanding of the world. Knowledge is always better.

This poster with the insults knows about as much of the real world as a goldfish in a bowl knows of the ocean.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
A reasonable calibration on Dr. Mitchell's level of gullibility/credibility on fringe topics might be to examine his formal report on the results of his own private ESP experiment on Apollo-14, to assess its level of scientific rigor. Mitchell claims it showed statistically significant signs of successful ESP contact, has anybody else [besides me] read the original paper? Why not?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join