It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I fall asleep each night thinking I'll die.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: purelifee

Sounds like severe anxiety. See a doctor ASAP.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Sounds like you are either salt deficient or sodium deficient. Are you living in an area where others are not like you? We need to be around others of our kind to feel comfortable. You can learn what others in your area have to teach and share their energy.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Hey man, I have been through the same exact thing.

It was actually only like 9 or 10 months ago, but I was so afraid that if I fell asleep, my body wouldn't automatically go into "survival mode" and I wouldn't breath and my heart would stop etc.

I felt as if the part of my brain that holds instincts and reflexes etc. was turned off and it scared the hell out of me.

It all came down to high anxiety, and a scenario that I freaked myself out with and knew was illogical, yet I couldn't help but believe it.

As others have mentioned, you should try to see a doctor or some sort of counselor who can help you work through this in a healthy way.

Feel free to U2U me if you want any other tips on how to help work through this challenge - it's tough because you are fighting yourself and your own thoughts, but it's the only way to overcome it. You need to realize that you CAN go to sleep safely and that it will be okay. I promise you this. But as I said, if you want other tips or another perspective feel free to msg me. Best of luck to you in China - are you there for work or school?
edit on 26-8-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I know exactly what youre going through because ive been going through it myself for the last few months and its only getting worse.

First of all it can be many things so dont rule out anything. The very worst thing anyone can tell you in my opinion is that the root cause is depression/anxeity etc. Of course that could be the cause but considering there are so many more real potential physical causes i think those need to be ruled out FIRST!

You already noted that your thyroid was slightly under functioning. I was diagnosed with that more than 5 years ago and immediatley put on 75mcg levothyroxine. This most likely only made things worse. The problem is MOST people have a degree of ENDOCRINE dysfunction. Your endocrine system and the glands in it are responsible for numeroue life sustaining functions. Its also called the HPA axis,. Whats important to know about these glands is they affect each other directly. If the andrenal glands are not functioning it can change the way the thyroid and hypothalamus operate because they all produce hormones and messenger chemicals to each other to achieve homeostasis. When the HPA axis isnt operating properly it can make your a living hell!!!

So what to do about it? Thats the 64,000 dollar question. Most doctors are completely clueless about HPA regulation or dysfunction so dont be too optimistic about them coming up with a magical treatment protocol. However ordinary doctors and clinics can still perform plenty of useful diagnostic tests that you should absolutely get done including a comprehensive blood panel with any and every option insurance will pay for. There are other tests like a saliva cortisol test or sex hormones/dhea tests that often you have to pay for yourself.

So what could be causing it if it IS HPA dysfunction? Well if you drink heavily thats a known powerful contributor to adrenal dysfunction because alcohol breaks down into sugar which places immense stress on the adrenals through the insulin response and the stress response that follows by the adrenals. Also alcohol acts directly on GABA which has to do with feelings of well being and relaxation. When you introduce substances that act on Gaba it causes DOWN REGULATION which tells your body to not produce as much of its own GABA because youre getting it from artificial sources. For this reason Benzodiazapines and some sleep meds are also extremely dangerous with longterm usage. This puts alot of people in a very difficult situation because due to high stress, burnout related fatigue, adrenal fatigue etc etc you may already have a very difficult time falling or staying asleep and thus need to take SOMETHING to help you sleep. Been there, done that.

I wouldnt recommend going cold turkey off alcohol or anything because the body hates sudden change. Do a total inventory of your diet and gradually decrease all sugsr, refined carbohydrates and any prepared foods that come in a package. The key here is GRADUAL change.....not sudden or abrupt. The body has a wonderful ability to repair itself at least in theory. I personally havent experienced any benefit yet from my lifestyle changes.....but on paper its supposed to be helpful when one eliminates known toxins or stressors.

Sleep as much as possible at night and earlier to bed the better. Cut out screen time an hour or more before you plan on falling alseep. There are many things you can do to help yourself relax in preparation for bed.....magnesium, epsom salts baths, red light infra red lamp therapy, etc.

This post is not intended to diagnose or treat any illness and in all cases professional medical treatment should be sought. I wish you well.....hang in there, dint give up, get daily laugh therapy through comedy etc.....fresh air, water, clean nutritious food, etc.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Have a glucose tolerance test.

Firstly, they take some blood and establish a baseline. Then they give you a nice syrupy glucose drink. Then you sit for some time (@ 2 hours) reading, watching TV or listening to music. If you have diabetes or pre-diabetes, you will get quite sleepy as the sugar high wears off. They will then take another blood sample to see how you dealt with the glucose.

I personally found the whole procedure actually quite pleasant.

It is worth doing because if you have untreated diabetes it has MAJOR health effects.

Also, are you snoring a lot? I suffered from obstructive sleep aponea. I stopped breathing due to it several times a minute and the body's response is to wake you up and get you breathing by any means. The doctors have given me a CPAP machine which solves the issue and once I was used to it, I am sleeping normally.

edit on 26/8/2015 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: purelifee
It's been getting worse and worse. Each time I go to bed I feel weird, like I won't wake up again after going to sleep. Then in the morning I feel dazed and weak.

During the day feel weak, no energy to walk around. Everything looks more blurry than normal and i'm urinating way more often than normal. Have had extreme weight gain but i'm eating the same as I always have, 8kg weight gain in 2 months.

I'm alone in a foreign country with no support network here. Things have got so bad that I can barely go outside.

Is it all in my mind?

Am 29 year old Britain in China.

Why are you alone in China, and do you have a ticket to return to the UK?
edit on 26-8-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Sounds like severe anxiety. See a doctor ASAP.

You can go to see a doctor, but you don't have to. I would go over to the British consulate..talk to folks there are see if they are familiar with groups or activities for groups who are living there like yourself. I know there are alot of Spaniards working in China, also alot of French folk there: Try to meet up with some of them to go out for drinks or something so that you can loosen up and enjoy your time there..

Go to the nearest University and see if they offer English language classes: you will see that it will be very fun to meet people who are interested in your maternal language, and your country! A university setting would be a great way to meet others like yourself, and the exchange is fun challenging and exciting.

Drink more coffee for stamina! Chocolate maybe also: You need to feel enthusiastic about going outside every morning;
Also, walking is fantastic excercise! Walking everywhere around town will help loads with your feelings and health matters. Also, have more fruit and water, you need to stay hydrated with plenty of water;

Do you mind if I ask what it is you are doing there? Are you working?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse
Maybe the opposite, too much salt. Try to restore the potassium/sodium balance by eating bananas. This should take only a day or so to test. Good luck.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: purelifee
My thyroid was checked at my request about 6 months ago, it was slightly under-active at the time but not enough to cause concern.

Yes I drink heavily, have for a decade. Had my liver levels tested via blood test, they were normal. I come from a family of alcoholics. Uncle died liver disease, grand-parent too... my brother drinks heavily.

The weight gain, fatigue and extreme lack of energy is new to me however. Literally don't have the energy to even brush my teeth at times. My hands and feet are tingling too.

Could it be the Chinese atmosphere? ElectroMagnetic Frequencies there could be different from frequencies where you are from.. focus on the things you love and eat loads of food; but healthy foods; you need carrots salads, chicken meals vegetables and fruits, have plenty of healhy proteins and carbohydrates but stay away from fast junk food, and bad grease.. the Chinese have excellent healthy foods you can have also..

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
i had another thought... your symptoms could also be vitamin b12 deficiency...
www.webmd.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I went through a very strange and disturbing time as a teenager...I believed that if I didn't consciously concentrate on breathing I would suffocate and die. Usually happened when I was lying in bed at night, though it could happen any time.

Really terrifying and I couldn't tell anyone because it was so weird. I imagine it was some sort of anxiety issue related to puberty (the development of a big, heavy adam's apple).

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I pray for you, you can figure this out with help from a qualified medical expert. I have experienced something similar in the past and recently. With my doctors help I figured out it was things that I would take to help me sleep. Even natural herbs can mess with your chemistry. I also have anxiety issues and have put on weight. The more you eat lots of healthy veggies and things plus forcing yourself to do some exercise even though your mind and body hate it, helps over all well being. Please let us know how you are and please speak to a doctor. God bless.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Exercise should always be at your own pace and you should always consult with your doctor about what exercise would be good for you. Simply walking and deep breaths helped my anxiety and helps to fall asleep better. Peace be with you

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Yes I drink heavily, have for a decade. Had my liver levels tested via blood test, they were normal. I come from a family of alcoholics. Uncle died liver disease, grand-parent too... my brother drinks heavily.

i had another thought... your symptoms could also be vitamin b12 deficiency...

Any "responsible" alcoolic shall supplement itself with higher than normal dose of complex B vitamin supplement to "force" some absorption as alcohol block vitamins B. If you do not, you will eventually learn the meaning of the words Korsakoff's syndrome. I knew someone who got it, not funny. Also be wary about acidosis.

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 12:49 AM
link   

First of all, you, like everyone who is made in God's image, need the peace of God, and that is through a true salvation experience based on the completed work at Calvary through Yeshua Ha' Mashiach.

Secondly, you may have a problem with parasites. Parasites cause all of the symptoms you described. Systemic Candidiasis, Rope Worms, etc., could be causing your physical problems and feelings of doom. Many alcoholics have Candida and are not even aware that they have it.
Also, people with a weakened immune system, who have taken antibiotics, may be vulnerable to an overrun of Candida, which can turn systemic (live in the blood). If you do have Candida, other parasites may take over your body as well, such as Rope Worms. If you have a white tongue, especially when you get up in the morning, that is a good indication of the presence of Candida overgrowth.

May God bless you in Yeshua's name!

posted on Oct, 8 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Go to the doctor ASAP and ignore any advice that isn't saying the same thing, this could be very serious.

I don't think for a second that this is all in your head. If it is (and I just so highly doubt it) you still need to see someone.

No one here is going to be able to tell you what's wrong. They can give out some guesses, but you need to see a doctor ASAP. I don't know of any MDs on ATS, and even if there were they would say the same thing.

Again, this could be very serious. It being serious doesn't mean it's not something stupid simple and easy to fix. In other words, don't be scared to go and get it checked out.

Wishing you the best, the quicker you see someone the quicker this will get dealt with and the quicker you'll feel better. This isn't normal, people don't all feel like this and ignore it. You're not being a wuss or a weirdo, the body can have some pretty severe responses to certain things and you feel how you feel. Go talk to a doctor, ASAP. Feel free to send me a U2U (private message, I'm terrible about checking them daily but I'll try harder for a few days) if you want to talk, and I bet anyone else responding would gladly talk with you and be happy to listen if you're feeling scared or lonely (I sure would be feeling both in your shoes).

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join