It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spitball Session A-adam re: Reincarnation and the TV show "Project Afterlife" + music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Greetings and Salutations- Whilst going 'round the horn (changing tv channels via remote) I happened upon the tv show 'ProjectAfterlife'

www.destinationamerica.com...

I was thinking about this show this morning at the dog park, especially the part where the guest had died and when 'dead' the guest said they saw Jesus. This show has a 4 man panel that consists of: A retired State Trooper; An ordained Minister; an E.M.T. and a filmmaker. First I thought it was 'odd' that the guest was interviewed by the retired State Trooper and NOT the Minister, perhaps it is a regional thing?
Anyways the guest said that up to that point He was a "drug abuser/boozer" but that was washed away upon His 'death'. I guess the thing that I got "hung up" on was that the State Trooper didn't ask what Jesus looked like??? I mention this because #1) Anyone retired from law enforcement would ask for a description. In the years I worked in police work, I saw a black Jesus; an Asian Jesus and a dark skinned Jesus. It seemed each different culture who were Chris†ian had Jesus in that 'shade'. I add this because the State Trooper is a black male and besides black Jesus, I've also seen black Santa Clause.

In another episode, the filmmaker panel member kept saying "resurrection" over and over. When the panel is together discussing cases, each time the filmmaker says 'resurrection' You can SEE the energy move.

Here is what I'm serving to be discussed: If this tv show were to go abroad and film internationally, do You think folks would "see/experience" other deities? Who would the Hindu see? Would the Buddhist 'see' Siddhartha Guatama or Full Buddha?

What if the "dead guy" didn't know any religious icons, would He then be labelled a 'nut' when He says "I saw some guy w/blue eyes and honey brown hair..." With this I leave You a 1derful music video of Patty Griffin's "Making Pies" Jesus makes an appearance at 01:33.
The second video is about dealing with the death of another. Please ENJOY both.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

namaste
edit on 10/13/2014 by JimNasium because: Corrected the time in video #1

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: JimNasium

Im not a TV type of person. Basically I don't watch TV and only have cable for my Husband.

With that said, my son comes in my room the other day and turns the TV on, goes to On Demand and begins to watch the show in your OP. I watched several episodes with him until he turned it off and said it was a biased show and went on to say the show is obviously ran by Christians. I agreed.

We consider our selves very spiritual and believe in an after life, however me nor my two children adhere to any one specific religion and or denomination.

When I watched the show I felt the same as my son. It was biased toward one religion. Before the first episode was over I knew my son wouldn't like it and truly waited for him to turn it off. lol

Ive read countless stories over the years involving NDE. They all pretty much say the same thing. They see them selves, they see a light, feel warmth and tremendous love. Some see family members, some see Jesus, some see a woman and so on.

Each episode we watched resurrection was said over and over. Resurrection to me in the Bible or any other religious text makes me think of reincarnation.

Buddhists NDE if i remember correctly either saw Jesus or saw a Light. This light is believed to be their higher self.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: MamaJ

So, sew, You got the same thoughts I did? I was probably more surprised that the State Trooper wouldn't get a description of Jesus. i.e.

Guest: "The guy just popped up...."
Panel member: "What did He look like"? replaced by: "Oh...." Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

I guess now You've figured out why I used that song? "Big blue eyes and honey brown hair..." We won't even mention that anyBODY on a 'walkabout' in the Middle East 2,000 years ago who had 'blue eyes/ honey brown hair' would jut out like a sore thumb...

I've also read where one train of thought is that "Go to the light" traps the Soul for an automatic 're-boot'? Does this explain the growing population? Does this indeed prolong the program? A certain Eastern philosophy says to imagine a "wormhole" to travel after 'death', and they were using the term 'wormhole' prior to My avatar guy, Alfred Epstein..

Would a person that knew a little about ALL the religions™ fare better than the Self w/a working knowledge of one religion™?

Would the One that knew One know who that is in blue?

namaste

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

I have done a lot of research on reincarnation, stories of people that have near death experiences and well know hypnotist that specialized in helping people with traumas in the present time doing past lives regression, something that most of the research I have done points out is that depending on the believes of the person before death or near death, be religious, none religious, agnostic or just spiritual is that all those that has been in the after life and back to tell about it, see it base on their own set of believes.

I guess our own earthy believes are brought temporarily into the after life until all residual earth thoughts are shed, so those that are Christians will see from Jesus to Angels and something deeper that they call God even if they can not really see it but feel it, those that are of not religious believe tend to see from friends and family long death to spiritual guides.

This is a very fascinating topic to me, due to me having an experience while under anesthesia during surgery many years ago and subsequences experiences after that.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

My thoughts on the matter:

I actually think the souls who have ever incarnated on Earth will be here when "time" changes in order to bring about the change. Change is inevitable in my opinion.

Maybe there is some truth in what Marg says.... people have experiences based upon a belief and fears.

For me.... there is no one "real" religion with all the Truth.

All religions seem to point to God is Love. Thats my take on a Creator... its an energy force that is Love.

People either need a religion or don't. Doesn't mean they are going to a heaven or a hell. We put our self in a hell here or there with the belief in such or the fear of such. Same goes for a Heaven.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I would offer that if someone is dead and experiences another presence there, they will name and describe them as their expectations dictate... so Christians get Christ (or Satan if they have guilt), Hindus get Krishna (or some other face of God), Buddhists get themselves, heh, etc., etc.

I once had a dream were a dead relative popped in, whisked me off to a beach and explained this life on Earth as something of a "ride" at a cosmic amusement park... though a bit more involved, but that was the gist. He explained that he was bothering to communicate as he made it a point to, but that most "wake" from this life on their "death" and remember it as a dream, and would you try to tell your dream characters you were still okay after waking up?

Anyway, he went on to say the beach we were walking on was his mental construct and he could make anything up he wanted... but he was recovering from this experience there, and everything was consciousness and flux.

So, true or not, it was a neat, memorable dream... and... back to regularly scheduled posts.

posted on Nov, 20 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
No surprise here but I like the show.

Just watched an episode where a man shot in the leg had a gun to his face and commanded the killer to not shoot then the killer shook and ran off.

new topics

top topics

join