It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two journalists killed in shooting during live newscast at Smith Mountain Lake

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ngchunter

If you want to take away my semiautomatic because a psycho use a semiautomatic to kill two people on live TV? Good luck. I will not give up that right, not while I still draw breath.

What about if you can keep your semi-auto, but you just have to have it registered and need a license to own both a gun and bullets.... like Canada?

This tragic event obviously would have never of happened if these basic regulations were enacted.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Anyone who can't see the red flags, inconsistencies, and bad acting in all of this has their delusion levels turned up way high.

Is it possible that people were killed and injured? Yes. But that doesn't mean for one minute that this BS was not staged. You are a fool if you think the government and media are above such "barbaric" tactics.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
They are reporting that the reporter and the camera-man suffered gunshot wounds to the head. My next question is: Were the shots from the initial string of shots, or after the camera-man's camera dropped. If it was before the camera man dropped his camera, how did the female reporter run so far, for so long?

Surely a gunshot wound to the head (with hollow tips, according to Vester) would have disabled all sustained motor coordination?
edit on 28-8-2015 by FelisOrion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

I'm with you on the "fact that they may well have noticed him standing there" but I would even say that they without a doubt noticed him standing there, no "may". I mean, the interviewee saw him walking up to them, Alison saw him standing there.. So yes, that's a fact! I also believe the reasons you gave in your comment on page 51 are very likely when it comes to this situation.

I have also come up with suggestions regarding this, and that was on page 48.

"But then again, I could be wrong. Maybe they all acted enormously casual because they thought Vester was another crew member, maybe he also visited other live broadcasts in the past without incidents which could have made his presence in this broadcast seem ”normal". Maybe the gun got mistaken for an extra battery for the camera.. All this could be the case"

But in the comment you linked to, you only talk about Alison. Both you and other seem to solely focus on her and forgetting that we are also dealing with another person. In this case the woman being interviewed. She even had a better angle to see Vester pointing the gun at Alison, but she didn't react either. Many people are trying to make it out as Alison zoned out Vester's presence because of her training/line of work, but this can't be said for the interviewee, can it?

I'm not continuing my speculations, they are the same as in my initial comment. I feel that some of the behavior shown in the footage is strange, this in combination with all the social, racial stigmas and characteristics of the shooter simply makes me go.. This looks strange.

Like i stated before, I'll be waiting for statements from the interviewee and how she could have missed the visible gun, I'm also hoping to read the full manifesto and see what kind of words/phrases it involves and what kind of feeling it will give me.. Until then, I'm staying a bit sceptic regarding the official story.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

If you want to take away my semiautomatic because a psycho use a semiautomatic to kill two people on live TV? Good luck. I will not give up that right, not while I still draw breath.

What about if you can keep your semi-auto, but you just have to have it registered and need a license to own both a gun and bullets.... like Canada?

This tragic event obviously would have never of happened if these basic regulations were enacted.

He went through a background check to buy the gun. The system could not have stopped this, unless and until it is willing to be more proactive in locking up dangerous mentally ill people like him. The point at which police had to forcibly remove him from the news station should have been the point at which he was taken to a mental institution and received a permanent black mark which would have been flagged when buying a gun.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   

How would licensing and registration have stopped this incident? In this case, and in many cases, the purchaser passed the background check. The same checks that would go into a licensing system are already implemented in the 4473/instant background check process. I can't see how it would have prevented anything.

That being said, although I do have some serious reservations about it, I'm not theoretically entirely against licensing and registration. I just don't see that it adds any real practical value beyond what we already do.
edit on 28-8-2015 by vor78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

CRIMINALS DO NOT FOLLOW THE LAW!!!!!

Does no one understand that criminals DO NOT care what the laws are? You can ban EVERY GUN in AMERICIA. And all law abiding citizens will be unarmed when the criminals come after us with guns. This is NOT a gun control issue.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I want to say this

Listen UP

Whoever watched that video consciously, including all the scum bag networks and newspapers that showed this murder…

IS COMPLICIT!

(post by Nova937 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
There was a 3rd camera . A security camera at the top of the stairs 20 feet down the hall. Still frame the video and you will see him tilt the camera up to the security cam. Not saying it was pointed down the hall to the location of the shooting, just that it is there right in line. I am sure someone on here lives in near this scene can go see what the floorboards look like or if they were cleaned and removed. This is an investigation just like any others. No theory can be ruled out without more research. All input is knowledge of one form or the other .Just my 2 .
edit on 28-8-2015 by dntwastetime because: gram

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

CRIMINALS DO NOT FOLLOW THE LAW!!!!!

Does no one understand that criminals DO NOT care what the laws are? You can ban EVERY GUN in AMERICIA. And all law abiding citizens will be unarmed when the criminals come after us with guns. This is NOT a gun control issue.

Yeah, the hardcore pro-gun advocates keep on ranting that misguided logic whenever a tragedy like this happens, but they always blatantly ignore the fact that this does not happen in other developed nations on any kind of regular bases.

The criminals who have access to black market guns don't go around shooting innocent citizens for no reason and the people who do these kind of senseless killings, never appear to even possess the social skills it would take to buy guns on the black market. Nor would they probably have the 5 to 30 thousand dollars it costs to even get a black market gun outside of the US.

Needing to go though a licensing process is clearly an effective deterrent in preventing these kinds of shootings, but a simple FBI check has obviously been proven completely ineffective.

Its an undeniable fact at this stage.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Needing to go though a licensing process is clearly an effective deterrent

No it isn't. You think a background check is ineffective but somehow having to buy a license is going to be completely effective? Are you insane? The solution is to deal with the root problem, mental illness, not the symptoms. If you want to see some serious gun violence, then just try to take our guns away. Registration is the first step on that road. You need to know whose doors to come knocking on when the time comes to take the guns from the law abiding.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Jansy

a reply to: tigertatzen

I agree with you 100%...this guy was a classic narcissist...whenever there were problems at work, it was the other guy's fault. Whenever he was reprimanded he complained that it was race/gender/sexual orientation rather than his performance or behavior. He was never at fault, he was always right...more importantly he was always a VICTIM. Sometimes victims are like whipped puppies...and then sometimes they internalize and constantly feed the rage inside, until it breaks out.

Obsessions are not cultivated overnight...and are definitely not predictable either. I have no doubt that this guy suffered a lot of ridicule in his life; if his posts on social media are any indication, he was largely an insecure person all the way around. I also have no doubt that being fired from a job that he clearly coveted caused him a great deal of anger and frustration. But he chose to continue on that way. He chose to ignore the lessons that life was trying to teach him. It does not excuse him executing two people and almost killing a third. He knew exactly what he was doing.

When someone gets knocked down enough times in their life, eventually they will come to expect it...they develop the mindset that the world is conspiring against them, they start feeling very sorry for themselves, which turns into a victim mentality regarding every single aspect of their daily lives. Eventually, they become comfortable in the role of "victim", and it begins to define them as a person. But it is not something that they cannot help. It is a choice.

You can't be a victim if you accept blame for anything, so they stop taking responsibility for their own actions...everything becomes someone else's fault. And they wallow in that mentality, because it gives them an excuse not to try anymore. It justifies their failures (real or perceived), so that they no longer have to say that they failed...because it's someone else's fault and they are therefore absolved of any responsibility. And yes, they become narcissistic...everything becomes all about them. Literally. A stranger in the grocery store takes the last sale item left on a shelf? They did it because they knew he wanted it first. A group of utter strangers starts laughing as he walks by? They're laughing at him. He misses a deadline at work? It's because they gave him a different deadline than everyone else.

That can happen to anyone; I am currently residing with a person who is quite a bit like that. I think he's got an inherent flair for the dramatic already, but after his wife died, he started drinking. That resulted in him losing his job. And his car. And he's an angry, belligerent drunk, so he lost most of his friends too. Now he is facing losing his house. But is any of that his fault? Noooooooo...it's the Universe's fault, you see, for dealing him a crappy hand. There was nothing he could have done about it because everyone, everywhere, is spending their every waking moment doing nothing but conspiring against him.

Is it rational? Nope, it sure isn't. Is he "mentally ill"? No. He most certainly is not. He is a whiny, ineffectual, pathetic drunk who refuses to take charge of his own life and who does not give one rat's ass about who he hurts in the process. But he is not one bit mentally impaired. He'd probably be perfectly happy to be labelled as mentally ill, actually, because it would reaffirm and reinforce his abject victim-ness. Another crutch. Right now, he's pretty solidly in the "whipped puppy" category...however, he could very easily turn that around, just like that murderer did. And it would be a choice, just the same.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

OK, fine. Let's say we have the system that Canada has since that is the one you are using as an example. What would that law have prevented in this case? What difference would that have made in this case. Until then, it's like everything else going on. Let's find something to bitch about that will make NO DIFFERENCE.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Crowdpsychology

You said "could would should react" did you not? Yes? Well that explains the response to you. Other people said it as well. The comment is directed at them as much as it is you. Why are you so offended by somebod responding to something you said? I'm not at all offended that you chose to respond to something that I said that was not only not directed at you but wasn't directed at anybody specifically.

Discussing how it's human nature for no two people to respond to a random situation exactly the same is completely germane to this issue and this discussion in general. You're welcome to flag my comment if you think it's so wildly off-topic. I don't.

"Read before you respond" indeed.

ETA - oh, and yea I didn't say anything about the shooter being pushed by anybody. The comment I made was in regards to those claiming the whole thing is fake. "It's real but the shooter was goaded into doing it" is not "the whole thing is fake." Doesn't really address what I said at all, in the context that I said it.
edit on 28-8-2015 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: vor78

How would licensing and registration have stopped this incident? In this case, and in many cases, the purchaser passed the background check. The same checks that would go into a licensing system are already implemented in the 4473/instant background check process. I can't see how it would have prevented anything.

That being said, although I do have some serious reservations about it, I'm not theoretically entirely against licensing and registration. I just don't see that it adds any real practical value beyond what we already do.

Exactly. Licensing isn't the scary part. The database it creates and what that database will be used for, is. Recently we had a licensed bear hunt here in Florida. It was a very short event that raised money for conservation efforts and was also intended to reduce the population down to balanced levels. It had the unfortunate side effect of death threats and computer viruses being sent to the hunters who registered; a liberal activist in the government released all the names and emails to other anti-hunting activists, even some who never even asked for the information. One of them email bombed the entire list with a virus. Others received death threats.
investmentwatchblog.com...
There have been similar incidents over the years with state based gun owner registries suddenly being dumped in the public so that the criminals can see which houses to rob to acquire weapons. In many cases these "registration" schemes are deliberately and openly public information!
gawker.com...
Then you get liberals who proudly and publicly republish the information and even map it out to make it extra easy to target people. That is why I stand against efforts to "register" me.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ngchunter

Needing to go though a licensing process is clearly an effective deterrent
If you want to see some serious gun violence, then just try to take our guns away.

We see it everyday, every week, every year. Are you suggesting you would use violence worse than what we have already seen if someone tried to take your guns away? Does that seem sane to you?

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Jansy

You're right...she would not have had a reason to believe that he was there to harm her. It surprised her enough to shake her composure for a fraction of a second, but aside from that "wtf" moment she'd have had no reason to think he was going to step up and start shooting at her. I guess it's just me trying to put myself into that moment...identifying with her is probably an accurate term for that. I am an Empath, and automatically put the feelers out there to try and understand what is not immediately clear. It just really bothers me...something about that scene, that moment, and I can't resolve it right now. Several things about the whole event are nagging at me, but I can't get her face out of my mind. You know?

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I'm throwing out this question because I truly want to understand the "staged, psy-op" contingent: What's the end game - the objective - of this if it was indeed staged?

I'm trying to see it advancing the anti-gun agenda or the LGBTQ philosophy or just plain old racist stuff.....but I'm really having a hard time stretching this that far.

It seems like your average arrogant a$$hat trying to get a little back at an organization that humiliated him......if it isn't, I'd like to be educated on what this was all for.

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join