It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two journalists killed in shooting during live newscast at Smith Mountain Lake

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagicWand67
a reply to: kamatty

As you can clearly see in the picture. That blue shirt is not dark blue or navy blue. It's bright blue with white lines.

I just Googled it for you as you seem unable to

What's google?

There's a link here incase your unable to search yourself

Why the insulting side commentary?

Were you born a jerk or did you work at it your whole life?

Are we really having #thedress discussion here on ATS????

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: MagicWand67
a reply to: kamatty

As you can clearly see in the picture. That blue shirt is not dark blue or navy blue. It's bright blue with white lines.

I just Googled it for you as you seem unable to

What's google?

There's a link here incase your unable to search yourself

Why the insulting side commentary?

Were you born a jerk or did you work at it your whole life?

Are we really having #thedress discussion here on ATS????

Haha I was actually going to link to that but thought I'd stick with black n blue.

(post by FelisOrion removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The third victim of the shooting has lost all of one kidney and part of her colon. Her husband says she'll need about three months to recover fully.

The station manager released a statement describing the shooter's employment as so combative that the station HR mandated he seek counseling as part of his employment. He was fired for the same reasons.

Those of you saying this is all fake have yet to offer an answer about all the documented backstory here. Multiple firings that are documented. Multiple lawsuits that are documented, including one that went to a federal court of appeals. The years worth of violent and threatening behavior that is documented. Nor has anybody explained the shock that's clearly evident on the anchor's face, since we want to complain about how the boyfriend isn't acting in a manner we deem "right."

I guess they did all that, going almost ten years back, just so they could pretend to kill two small-time news crew members on TV?

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Let me just reiterate "small time news crew here"....

When you say that, you are 100% on the money. Again... I live here and can tell you that it is indeed small time. We don't see news trucks. When we do they are not like the news trucks we see on TV when big ews breaks out. It's very likely that when this went down these two were the only ones on the job. That's how small time this is.

So that's my take on it as well. There is absolutely no reason for this to be faked IMO. If "they" wanted to do something to gain attention and create some massive chaos off of it or something then they are dumb as (we all know what). They should have went with bigger fish in a much bigger pond.

edit on 8/28/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
It's really depressing to see people making a dramatic conspiracy theory out of this. I guess it should be expected though, there are some extremely paranoid and delusional people here who seem to believe the shoes on their own feet are an "Illuminati plot to take you all to the FEMA camps for execution!"

Two people are dead.
One person is changed forever.
They were killed and maimed by a mentally disturbed person.
They were murdered on air to a live audience.

There is no conspiracy here. There is no plot. There is no grand evil plan to take all your precious guns.
Although, after seeing the passionate statement by one of the victims fathers challenging Obama to take on gun control, I fully expect this to now become a major endeavor, and it should have been more than a decade ago.

I don't care about all the pro-gun posters who will now start screaming about their rights to have weapons to kill people, this should have been a priority the first time kids in school were murdered.

If you "right to bear arms" is more important to you than the lives of innocent Americans, even when those arms are not for self defense and are weapons of COMBAT, you are the problem, end of story.

edit on 28-8-2015 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: iDope

Literally every single "point" you contend has been addressed.

Repeatedly.

At first I was leaning toward psy-op on this one....too many common elements not to at least suspect it....although partially that may be the words the media like to use such as "manifesto".

But, I've watched both video several times now, and a couple things stand out for me. Her screams sound absolutely real to me. In freeze framing her look of shock, there was absolutely no facial tension present before hand. That is incredibly difficult to do. It wasn't acting, IMO. Micro-expressions would have given that away.

Also in the footage after the camera guy drops to the ground, I see two small objects land on the deck near the bottom right corner, that are consistent with blood drops....probably from the woman being interviewed, who may have been leaning on the railing at that point...the camera guy was already on the ground at that point.

So, I am pretty convinced this was an actual shooting. All the other discussion of how people react and how guns actually recoil are on the money.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xarian6
I don't wish to add flame to the hoax narrative.. but something is wrong.

If my GF was shot and killed mere hours earlier (and i've lost a few folks so im used to death.. sadly) I'd be a mess.

what i wouldn't be doing is blandly standing in front of the cameras, adding calmly to the emotional narrative.. even if i managed to get my crap together for the camera's i'd be choking up.. almost ALL of us would be. The shock alone would come in waves.. like it does.. no one's that "calm" after their fiancee has just been killed.. on camera

So.. what's up with that? they have some new anti-human drug that numbs all the feels away now?

They haven't shown the father here yet.. and im not about to go looking, but it's been stated that interview was rather strange as well.

Sorry.. really i am.. but that's just plain weird.. and spins this whole thing on it's head.

I didn't see any video of the fiance interview. But, I heard some. And the guy did sound non-emotional at first. But, then he breaks a bit when he talks about the photo-album...again that seems like one of those too coincidentally pat things, that are used in a psy-op....and his voice makes a real change. And people in love do do corny stuff like that. And I'm certain that when someone is in psychogenic shock, their emotional state is a mess. So while I started out suspicious when listening, I changed my mind by the end of what I heard.

edit on 28-8-2015 by Enderdog because: typo

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

You are right, it’s a very valid point to make and it’s good that you addressed it. If it wasn’t for the panning with the camera leaving both Alison and the interviewee out of visual frame, I would be able to accept the level of pressure and labor discipline that takes place in this line of work. It would also make it a little bit easier to ignore the overwhelming social and racial stigmas involved in the incident, and which so happen to be distorted and pushed on a daily basis by the msm to further divide the population.

But I can’t figure out why Alison didn’t take another quick look at Vester after she asked her last question (00:30-00:36) still being out of frame. She took a quick look before when she knew she was out of frame. Another thing is that when she first caught a glimpse of Vester he had the gun out, not directly pointing it at her, but it was out. That (suspicious) notion in combination with the same person afterwards aiming something black at you 3 feet from your head for 6 seconds without a reaction…is strange.

Going Live (Page 32)
Performance:
- vary eye contact; look down at notes and survey the scene

(pdf file, 0,08mb) www.icfj.org...

This guideline is aimed at reporters being visual in a live broadcast, so looking another way for a second to evaluate the situation when off frame should be acceptable, hence her doing it once before.

I do not know if she recognized him and that's something we will never know, and therefore according to me not worth contemplating. But the fact that the broadcast is like you said in a relatively remote area early in the morning and based on the supposed fact that Alison knows her news-team - then getting another evaluation of the person and his supposed intention would make most sense.

I wouldn’t speculate like I do if Vester simply arrived at the scene, without flashing a gun while Alison glanced at him, or aiming a gun 3 feet from Alisons head for 6 seconds, clearly in hers and the interviewees peripheral vision.

It’s like other members have said in the last pages. We look at the situation based on our own knowledge about how a person should/would/could react in a situation like this. And yes, peculiarities do happen, but my intuition
tells me there is more to it than just the official story.

On different note, It’s interesting to see that so many people in this thread who argues for the official story automatically believe that the shooter and/or crew must be actors and that everything must be staged, if this would in fact be a false flag. I hope people realize that there are many type of implementations/tactics involved in different types of false flags and/or psyops, one of them being manipulation of weak minded individuals into conducting an act that benefits the handlers and their objective. And correct me if I’m wrong but Vester and his situation seems to be a perfect case when it comes to grooming someone into acting out.
edit on 28-8-2015 by Crowdpsychology because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I'm in the same time zone (Eastern US) and my computer is as well so I just don't understand why it would be so off.

But I have seen that with Twitter and Facebook on multiple occasions - just wanted to bring it up to see if anybody else noticed.

But I am still very curious about the 7:45 am time frame I first heard, versus later reports of 6:45 am. If they weren't sure of the 7:45 am time they shouldn't have said it, it just confused me and got me to start digging for things that aren't there.

I was just in Florida a month ago, in the panhandle, and the time there is an hour off EST.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Enderdog
sorry i misunderstood your reply.

edit on 28-8-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Whicker

Robin Williams mental health issues were quite public.

& I wouldn't dream of being so un-PC as to call the suicidal nut cases...

What I did say is that if someone kills others and then themselves, they're a nutcase.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
You have to realize what's going on in the conscious and subconscious mind of a trained field reporter. Not only are they taught to keep focused on their subject and listen to what they're saying ....they're also dealing with staying within camera range.... glancing at their notes..... keeping their mic near the mouth of their subject.....listening to orders from central station via their ear piece....making sure of the time....figuring out how/where to finish off the report ....etc.

So as much as people find it weird that others can be so tunnel visioned in this day and age (especially with all the distraction going on)....sadly, some still could which cost them their life (lives). But I bet from now on, that changes too.

This was an absolute real event with no preconceived or pre-contrived agenda from any 'group'
So to see so many pick apart every single tragedy (that just gets more unbelievable every time) in an effort to uncover the 'hoax' is in itself .... a very troubling reality to find ourselves in. We are so divided and cynical that we couldn't come together even if our entire race depended on it.
edit on 28-8-2015 by Human_Alien because: grammar

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

You have good eyes because I can't tell what it is.

All I know is that you hear him doing something with it as everything went black. The sound was still recording but he was no longer filming.

Seems to me he just slipped it into his pocket without stopping the recording.
edit on 28-8-2015 by Enderdog because: typo

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Crowdpsychology

"How somebody should react" is entirely subjective.

Is there some definition that's been done on how a 24 year old small town reporter "should" react while broadcasting a live interview when somebody appears and starts shooting at her? If there is, I'm not familiar with it.

The problem with saying how somebody "should" react is that by doing so, one removes the most basic element: human nature.

A few weeks ago there was a rabid fox running around the parking lot trying to attack people. How "should" somebody react to that? Run? Call animal control? Get a gun and shoot it? Well I'll tell you what the four people it went after did:

The maintenance guy in his mid 20s ran all the way to his apartment and came back several minutes later with a bat.

The middle aged guy with his wife shoved her inside his truck and then tried to run over the fox by driving around the parking lot at high speed.

The wife screamed hysterically the entire time.

The 50 something maintenance guy kicked it, then picked up a healthy sized rock and tried to hit the fox with it. When he missed, he kicked it again. Then he kicked it a third time before it finally turned tail and ran.

Four people. One situation. Four wildly disparate reactions to it.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Crowdpsychology

I wondered the same thing about nobody noticing him when this first occurred. Given time to think about it I did come up with a few reasons as to why nobody reacted. I posted it a few pages back.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In that post it covers the fact that they may well have noticed him standing there and did not feel like they needed to react to anything.

Of course you can continue to speculate as I'm just throwing it out there.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Four people. One situation. Four wildly disparate reactions to it.

Shamrock - You just made my day. I laughed so hard reading this. TY!

There is no one that can say that would "know" how they would react because they have not been in that situation. It was a horrible act committed by a horrible person.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013
I don't care about all the pro-gun posters who will now start screaming about their rights to have weapons to kill people, this should have been a priority the first time kids in school were murdered.

If you "right to bear arms" is more important to you than the lives of innocent Americans, even when those arms are not for self defense and are weapons of COMBAT, you are the problem, end of story.

Fine, I'm the problem then, what are you going to do about it? I have a second amendment right, and it shall not be infringed. If you want to talk about taking guns away from psychos like this guy who should have been institutionalized? Fine. If you want to talk about moving society past white guilt so that we can honestly and seriously confront psychos who would hide behind false "racism" charges to attack others, fine. If you want to take away my semiautomatic because a psycho use a semiautomatic to kill two people on live TV? Good luck. I will not give up that right, not while I still draw breath.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Human_Alien

You have to realize what's going on in the conscious and subconscious mind of a trained field reporter. Not only are they taught to keep focused on their subject and listen to what they're saying ....they're also dealing with staying within camera range.... glancing at their notes..... keeping their mic near the mouth of their subject.....listening to orders from central station via their ear piece....making sure of the time....figuring out how/where to finish off the report ....etc.

So as much as people find it weird that others can be so tunnel visioned in this day and age (especially with all the distraction going on)....sadly, some still could which cost them their life (lives). But I bet from now on, that changes too.

This was an absolute real event with no preconceived or pre-contrived agenda from any 'group'
So to see so many pick apart every single tragedy (that just gets more unbelievable every time) in an effort to uncover the 'hoax' is in itself .... a very troubling reality to find ourselves in. We are so divided and cynical that we couldn't come together even if our entire race depended on it.

I have stated this before in my comment on page 48:

"Yes, they know how to shut out surrounding distractions which may interfere with their performance, but even that is hard sometimes. But to totally shut out your peripheral vision and stop reacting to threats on a subliminal level and instinct based on long term memory seems very unlikely. In this case the shape and color of a typical gun and the standard positioning of a person shooting a gun would trigger a reaction. And we are not talking about one persons instinct and peripheral vision, we are talking about two people.”

This have to do with a person subconscious.

The subconscious mind is a composite of everything one sees, hears and any information the mind collects that it cannot otherwise consciously process to make meaningful sense. The conscious mind cannot always absorb disconnected information, as it would be an information overload, so the subconscious mind stores this information where it can be retrieved by the conscious mind when it needs to defend itself for survival

en.wikipedia.org...

And I’m not really sure if you have a clue about how a live broadcast works when you say that the reporter are "dealing with staying within camera range” That is clearly the cameraman’s job, wouldn't you say?

It’s not rocket science like you are trying to make it out to be, and making sure of the time isn’t a reporters job either, it's the producers and the people giving orders in the earpiece. On top of that, the people who give orders through the earpiece isn’t conducting a vivid debate during the live airing, they merely give 1,2 maybe 3 orders. Before the airing, a heads-up of the time left, and before they are going out.

That being said, I am not saying that Alison, the interviewee and cameraman played a part in some kind of false flag. But I do find the footage and some of the behavior strange.

How can you say without a doubt that this "was an absolute real event with no preconceived or pre-contrived agenda from any ’group’”? Are you entitled to more information than ordinary citizens? You do realize that the victims could defiantly be real, but the shooter might have been targeted based on his situation, mental state and then groomed into acting out something he might never have done on his own.

And for the record! When living in a world with more fabrication than reality it is without a doubt more troubling to blindly believe what msm gives you without looking into other possibilities. Especially when there could be a number of objectives and motives behind instigating a incident like this.

"We are so divided and cynical that we couldn't come together even if our entire race depended on it”

Well that’s the result you get when you lie to the population and create false claims and incidents that is aimed to divide us and change our belief system. Wouldn't you say? Also interesting to see that you basically are monologuing the state/establishments view of "their" population.

Those of you saying this is all fake have yet to offer an answer about all the documented backstory here. Multiple firings that are documented. Multiple lawsuits that are documented, including one that went to a federal court of appeals. The years worth of violent and threatening behavior that is documented. Nor has anybody explained the shock that's clearly evident on the anchor's face, since we want to complain about how the boyfriend isn't acting in a manner we deem "right."

I guess they did all that, going almost ten years back, just so they could pretend to kill two small-time news crew members on TV?

Well I got an possible answer to that. It doesn’t have to be ”all fake” it just have to be pushed by instigating a behavior/act within a targeted individual. A individual which have all the right characteristics for executing a operation like this one. Vester surely falls within those parameters. It has been done before, so why couldn’t this happen again?

"How somebody should react" is entirely subjective”

Well of course it is, but why are you addressing me with this? I haven’t said the thing you are trying to quote me on. If anything I was pointed out that no one can know for sure how a person would react.

Read before you make wild guesses on what people are saying, and if you don’t understand something, please ask a short question. No need to write a novel about reactions among different people. That’s called flooding and of topic if you ask me.
edit on 28-8-2015 by Crowdpsychology because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Enderdog

Seems to me he just slipped it into his pocket without stopping the recording.

see my post where i described the phone in his hand to Kangaruex4Ewe .

if you look at the crop i posted you can see that his hand is wraped around the bottom of the phone and you see two white curves and a black middle.
My Reply to Kangaruex4Ewe

the crop of his hand.

doesn't this phone case look like that.

page where i found it.
Hard Case for Motorola

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join