It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two journalists killed in shooting during live newscast at Smith Mountain Lake

page: 50
<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I took part in this thread from the beginning and then bowed out. I also asked why nobody saw the shooter or why nobody did anything if she did glance up and see him.

How many of us have had altercations (not necessarily physical, but words) with coworkers, school mates, etc.? Almost every single one of us have had heated exchanges, ongoing grudges with someone. Given that fact... How many of us went back to work or school the next day expecting to be shot, attacked, or killed? How many? So now how many of us were expecting to be killed, attacked, shot ALMOST A YEAR after any altercation??

Even if she glanced up and noticed who was standing there, she surely would not have been expecting to be killed. Cussed out maybe, but there was no evidence for her to expect him to do what he did. She likely saw him around town since then and didn't have any issues. So why should she freak out then?

As for seeing the gun, I'm thinking she didn't. He would have been holding the phone in front of or nearly in front of his face. When you look to see someone, you look towards their face first. I'm sure that she is used to seeing people videoing her with their phones so even if she didn't recognize him, she would have seen the phone and figured it was just someone doing the same thing she sees 50 times a day.

There's also no evidence that he had it out for either of them. He hasn't been going on and on on FB, Twitter, etc. about how he hated them, was going to get them back, make them pay, etc. His manifesto says he decided to do this after the Charleston shooting, so that's almost a whole year where he apparently didn't have a complaint with them. So to them he was an ex colleague and they had no reason to believe he was about to do what he did IMO.

We also forget that he was a news reporter too. Currently unemployed but how is she to know?? Usually there is more than one team at any event so she likely would have assumed he was there professionally maybe and not being able to stare for minutes on end, took the gun for equipment of some sort.

I know there are those who will not even take this into consideration. Your mind may be made up that it's all faked. I just wanted to throw it out there in case there is just one person wondering, like me why they didn't see him or do something if she saw him...

It's easy to get carried away but we do a disservice to ourselves if we do not look at something logically and from all angles.
edit on 8/27/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Siddharta

It's up to you. However I'm trying to steer you back on topic,
as I try to follow the rules of this site. It's really just as I eluded
to in a different post. You attack me because you can't attack
those who have attacked you with a lie. There's no reason for you
to believe everything that comes out of the lie maker. But you have
chosen to believe even the most obvious of lies. Only because of
what you have told yourself is a lie.

But that makes me an object of your hate. So you align me with
with the shooter. The defense rests your honor.
edit on Rpm82715v23201500000024 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Sometimes I think ATS is like a field test. What will people say? What will people think?

The results are always the same.

But then again ATS is dominated by USAmericans.

To defend the world: This is not what people in the world think. It's more the Murican way.
edit on 27-8-2015 by Siddharta because: o is i

edit on 27-8-2015 by Siddharta because: and oe is eo

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Bravo on staying strong, baiters gonna bait, but we're here to collaborate.

Let's put this into perspective, this issue happens, and there isn't a few nutters speaking out about this being " off ". It's a large portion of the population who are going " wait a minute ".

Something is up, call it or me what you want, but if I'm a loon or a nutter for not buying into every ounce of stink I am fed than I'm one proud nutter loon. Just remember a magician preforms magic by slight of hand causing the observer to believe they're witnessing magic or otherwise improbable event. I don't know about you, but I'm not at a show, I'm in reality, therefor the time to sit back and just soak it up with my eyes, this is not, study and understand what your reality is.

As for the Mr. Robot issue, we are all humans, we have a connection with one another, whether we believe it or not, I think these issues of events happening on TV n Movies before reality or at the sametime, is the writers picking up on that very connection, since bigger the event, the stronger the ripple in the wave of consciousness and therefor easier to pick up on.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Siddharta

To be perfectly fair it isn't what all Americans think either. Not by a long shot.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Tranceopticalinclined

I'm not really sure how to take the rest of your post.
But I'll take this

Bravo on staying strong, baiters gonna bait, but we're here to collaborate.

and run like a shooter with it.
edit on Rpm82715v30201500000036 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

And that's why we're part of ATS, we're not all going to agree on our opinions, but also that's why we live in USA and speak our minds, regardless if they are right or wrong, we're allowed to have these thoughts on said subjects.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Thank you Thank you Thank YOU !!!

you said exactly what I think too. It's good to see someone else with a thinking, rational, mind !!

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: weirdeel

Parker did look in his direction...

Ok. I am not being a smartass when I ask this, but have you ever been on live television? Or a live stage production? If not, the best way I can describe it is...you literally lose the sense of anything other than your immediate focus; in this case, an interview. You have one chance to get it right, no outtakes. They make it look easy but it's not. You may very well glance away in different directions without seeing anything, because you're not supposed to glance away, and the second you do, the little voice in your head chastises you for doing it. You're not actually processing any visual information.

Had he been waving the weapon around and calling undeniable attention to himself, there might have been a reaction, but it would still have been very delayed just from the shock alone. Even if he had, and she clearly saw him, her brain would have had trouble processing what she was seeing. It would have been surreal...mutable, dreamlike. As it was, you can clearly see the shock on her face when he starts shooting. That is not feigned.

I'll give you this...something is definitely odd about the entire thing, and his video footage seems erratic...as if there is hesitation or a sense of waiting for some cue before the "action sequence". Like a movie scene being filmed...following a script. That bothers me a lot, as does the fact that the gun comes out, fully visible, and then retreats.

However, after watching it a number of times it occurred to me that perhaps--in his mind--he was waiting for the right timing...after all, he was filming his very own movie scene. Perhaps he pulled his weapon out and got it squarely in the camera to make it clear in his "movie" that he was indeed holding a gun. For posterity, to make sure there was no mistaking that fact. Because he didn't plan on being around after it was over.

I don't like it either, I really don't. In my experience, if something doesn't feel right, it usually isn't right. I will not say on this thread some of the other possibilities that I think may be true, because it's not the right place for that. But I can tell you, I believe he really shot them, and I believe that both the reporter and the camera guy had no idea it was coming. Am I making sense? Right now I'm going to leave it at that.

Yes, I have been on live television and I use to run my own 3-hour live radio show for a year and half. Plus I am a semi-professional magician and I perform in front of people daily. So I fully understand the mental focus of being on live for hundreds or thousands of people.

What you said was my first initial thought, but I was simply pointing out that she did look in his direction if only for a split second.

Nothing more, nothing less.
edit on 27-8-2015 by weirdeel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
Thank you so much for the voice of reason and logic. People like you are why I come to ATS, instead of other sites.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Found this on Facbook

Linky

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Trillium

Found this on Facbook

I like your timing Ho haw haw haw. This is the fun part where we
hear crickets as people desperately search for excuses.
edit on Ram82815v46201500000003 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

(post by PresidentHeston removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Well, I know you've checked out the LINKY.
And I must say, I'm just teaming with anticipation and
with great eagerness, I await your next syllable.
edit on Ram82815v07201500000043 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:09 AM
link   
FTR - I am owning this mistake and did so on the following page. The late hour and my reading comprehension left me high and dry. I'm leaving it and wearing it.

originally posted by: randyvs

Found this on Facbook

Go away crickets...

He changed cars so why couldn't he change clothes?

Around 11 a.m., authorities said they located Flanagan’s greyish-colored, 2009 Mustang at the Roanake Regional Airport. Flanagan fled the airport in another car — a Chevrolet Sonic, which officials said he rented earlier in the month. He was tracked in that vehicle along Interstate 81 and then later located on Interstate 66 in Fauquier County.

That would be one of the first things I would do. Change of clothes and change of cars.

www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on 8/28/2015 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I realize that this is probably going to bounce off...

KNOCK IT OFF!!!

This is a topic which is nasty enough without people bringing their damned personal issues into it.

If you can't discuss it without taking swipes at each other, maybe you ought to find another topic.

edit on 8/28/2015 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

originally posted by: randyvs

Found this on Facbook

Go away crickets...

He changed cars so why couldn't he change clothes?

Around 11 a.m., authorities said they located Flanagan’s greyish-colored, 2009 Mustang at the Roanake Regional Airport. Flanagan fled the airport in another car — a Chevrolet Sonic, which officials said he rented earlier in the month. He was tracked in that vehicle along Interstate 81 and then later located on Interstate 66 in Fauquier County.

That would be one of the first things I would do. Change of clothes and change of cars.

www.washingtonpost.com...

So the time between shooting the reporter and the camera man is maybe 4 to 8 second
Here is the "photo" caught by the cameraman when his camera hit the floor. Notice the clothing. The second video is taken from the shooter perspective video. Check the cloths. Any questions? Did he have time for a wardrobe change between shooting the camera man and the reporter? LOL

top topics

<< 47  48  49    51  52  53 >>

join