It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two journalists killed in shooting during live newscast at Smith Mountain Lake

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Schools in the area have been locked down. They are also planning on bringing in counsellors and such for the children immediately.

Why would they need to bring in councilors to the schools if they had not witnessed it or had the incident occur at the school?

It was all over live TV this morning in that area. A lot of them probably saw it as it happened.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Looks like there was a better image of the shooters face in there as well....

Sure is an uncanny resemblance to Jeffrey Hurant, the CEO of Rentboy.com who was arrested Tuesday morning. And he did not seem very happy with the media yesterday.

edit on 8/26/15 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: introvert

Where does it say they are chasing him in a car?

link   

Looks like there was a better image of the shooters face in there as well....

That should be a good bit clearer on the actual video too. I hope they get the bastard.

link   
Announcing it was a disgruntled employee.

link   

originally posted by: vor78

Schools in the area have been locked down. They are also planning on bringing in counsellors and such for the children immediately.

Why would they need to bring in councilors to the schools if they had not witnessed it or had the incident occur at the school?

It was all over live TV this morning in that area. A lot of them probably saw it as it happened.

They probably would have been at home at the time and if they did happen to see it, wouldn't it be the parents to discuss it with them?

I still don't understand why the councilors are needed.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

What you said and the fact that it is blowing up all over Facebook, Twitter, etc. locally. The video is making the rounds like wildfire then schools are locked down...

They are just making counsellors available to the students who feel like they need it. Nobody will be forced to take part.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

Shooter is now being chased on I-81 North apparently. LEO has name and license plate of shooter as well.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

I suppose it's possible that they're chasing him on foot.

Down an interstate.

For over 20 minutes.

And nobody thought to tackle him.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

They are just making counsellors available to the students who feel like they need it. Nobody will be forced to take part.

Fair enough.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

They probably would have been at home at the time and if they did happen to see it, wouldn't it be the parents to discuss it with them?

I still don't understand why the councilors are needed.

Probably a case of school administrators afraid that they will be fingered by someone as not having done enough to respond to the tragedy.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   

on the police scanner.

www.broadcastify.com...

edit on 26-8-2015 by SkipperJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   
So it looks as though it was a disgruntled employee, I think we can therefore put this down to being yet another lunatic with a gun who lost his mind and all sense of perspective.

Chances are if they know that then they will be probably chasing him by now. They need to make sure he doesn't have the opportunity to pull over and take anyone hostage.

Hopefully they'll catch him alive, but I have a feeling he's probably going to put a bullet in his own skull before they do that.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Police think the shooting suspect headed north on I-81 and is in Staunton near I-64. Here is the alert:

Lester Lee Flanighan (unknown spelling) light skinned black make 6'3" 250lbs 2009 Ford Mustang gray in color VA license plates: WZE-8846

Source

So they know who he is and are hot on his tail.....

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This was a local reporter reporting on tourism. Thank God this wasn't middle of the day on Saturday or Sunday or there would have been a lot more fatalities. WDBJ7 is my local news source and my heart is breaking for the reporters, staff and loved ones of these two young people. Reports are that the gunman is being chased on I81. I doubt they take him alive. Please pray for our community and everyone who loved the people that were killed. Always leave the people you love with a kind word because you just never know.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Could this be him. I saw it posted elsewhere online.

scontent.xx.fbcdn.net... /hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/1962600_967563613267477_8288900598331691254_n.jpg?oh=61e4f7454f29c0ff4541e7caf10b02d1&oe=567ED423&size=480,640&fbid=96756361326 7477" target="_blank" class="postlink">Link
edit on 26-8-2015 by Digital_Reality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Shooter is being reported to be a disgruntled employee or former employee…..

Dsigruntled, huh? Imagine that. Maybe the media told lies about him on the air ruining his life or something like that.

The media dripping lies about world events? Nooo…

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Shooter is being reported to be a disgruntled employee or former employee…..

Dsigruntled, huh? Imagine that. Maybe the media told lies about him on the air ruining his life or something like that.

The media dripping lies about world events? Nooo…

NOT. EVERYTHING. IS. AN. EVIL. GOVERNMENT. CONSPIRACY.

link   
a reply to: Digital_Reality

Resemblance is there and they are both "on the job" in that pic so those two pieces of the story add up at least.

link   

originally posted by: Digital_Reality
Could this be him. I saw it posted elsewhere online.

scontent.xx.fbcdn.net... /hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/1962600_967563613267477_8288900598331691254_n.jpg?oh=61e4f7454f29c0ff4541e7caf10b02d1&oe=567ED423&size=480,640&fbid=96756361326 7477" target="_blank" class="postlink">Link

Sure looks like the guy and they said he was a light skinned black guy kinda heavy.....fits the description.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join