It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two journalists killed in shooting during live newscast at Smith Mountain Lake

page: 42
<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Xarian6

Judging other people's actions on what you belive you would have done in this situation. Not useful.

If you had a personal vendetta against a couple of people would you shoot them live on air? Would you record it at the same time and upload it to the Internet?
He did so why wouldn't you?
Are we not all the same, think the same, do the same on this planet?

No, we're all different, act different, think different, do different.

The level of thinking on this site by a growing number of members is shocking. so desperate to turn everything into a conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

so what are you saying randy?
they are the same person, and robbie pulled a Katlyn Jenner? or that they are related like brother and sister?

you can find pictures of both of them on the net and yes i will say that in some pictures there might be a slight facial resemblance, but their defiantly not the same person.

here is a side by side body shots.

look how skinny she is compared to him, look at her( no disrespect intended) scrawny arms compared to his, look at her shoulders compared to him, hell his chest is even bigger than hers.

like i said, there is a slight facial resemblance, but that's all. and i don't think it's enough to be brother and sister. maybe distant cousins.

i hope you are just being sarcastic.

edit on 27-8-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
This might seem on a bit of a tangent, but please bear with me because I think it's part of the bigger jigsaw of what's going wrong in the world.

My wife came hom yesterday from work (she works in education in the UK - college level, she's in the admin/management side) and we ended up having a big row because she'd been on a course about "how to spot radicalisation" of students, and started to "educate" me with these new pearls of left wing wisdom.

In a nut shell, it isn't just Muslims that are at risk of "being radicalised" by evil manipulators, it could be anyone, and the thing is - those people who do get on trains with guns intent on killing everyone, or who blow themselves up killing lots of innocent people, or fly planes into buildings - well, it's just not their fault.

You see, they are (and these are the kinds of words that MI5 use to describe these terrorists) "vulnerable" and "at risk" and would be just fine and dandy folks if those evil manipulators didn't con them into doing something naughty.

This follows on from the argument we had after her last course a couple of days ago about "managing behaviour" (which was aimed at the educators themselves), and who (when asked to give examples of behaviour they would like to manage) were told that kids swearing at them in class, acting badly, ignoring their requests to stop talking, playing on their phones, etc - well, that wasn't those kids faults either, it was the teachers fault.

Why? Because the teacher should great all of these kids at the door, address them in a friendly tone by name, and make sure that they "left their problems at the door" - then the teacher should ask them to sit where he/she wants them to (yeah, right), then if the kids were still messing about - well it's because the teacher was making the lesson too boring for them.

When I said "how about you get those kids who disrupt the class and everyone else and kick them out of college - problem solved" - she looked at me in abject horror.

[Irony being that it's the bad kids managing the behaviour - the teachers are having to modify how they teach to accommodate the bad behaviour of the bad kids]

So, after that long winded ramble, the issue I think is that left wing, politically correct, spineless politicians seem for the last 20 years to have been so intent on making out that everyone who doesn't get what they want, or is "different" in some kind of way (whether its sexuality, colour, religion, age, behaviour, or whatever) is some kind of "victim".

I don't think that helps with "radicalisation" or anything else - it feeds into their feelings of injustice and that they have the "right" to take matters in their own hands because "everyone else is against them" - especially those who are different to them.

This guy that did this horrible thing seems to me to be just like that - he was being "victimised" by everyone apparently - but was he really, or were his own self perceived "differences" feeding his victim mentality (no doubt fuelled by "rights groups" and other do-gooders who agreed with everyone one of his gripes).

What is needed is less of the molly-coddling, wrapping everyone up in cotton wool and pandering to everyones "victimhood" and instead giving them a good kick up the breaches when their behaviour is not satisfactory.

Perhaps we shouldn't be looking for people who are "being radicalised" so we can "de-radicalise" them, but rather look for those who are "professional victims" - and de-victimising them instead.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
is there anybody here that is convinced this to be another false flag? another acted up event to distract people from the real stuff happening right now?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Are you kidding me?

We should do nothing about the thousands of gun deaths each year because, well, everyone dies at some point?

Your silly diagrams could be used also to argue against fighting any crime, including terrorism, because after all, we are a big country and we can draw silly bubbles because of it.

originally posted by: recapitulated
a reply to: aorAki

not as high of a percentage as you believe.

federal gun control is about the only kind there is.
BATFE job is to enforce those laws.
there are about 25,000 federal gun laws.

cnsnews.com...

problem is they are not enforced.
there is a mandatory 10 year sentence if a felon tries to buy a gun.
each month about 5000 felond are denied the purchase of a firearm due to IBC.
but no one charges them with a crime and prosecutes them.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Two people got shot and people on here are seriously thinking that the whole thing is fake, the shooter is not the guy they've said, that the woman shot is secretly a man??
I just don't even know what to say - staggering.
People want everything, literally everything to be a conspiracy.
Some of you need to go outside once in a while and take a break.
My thoughts go out to the family and friends of those affected by this tragedy.

edit on 27-8-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: derfreebie

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: Rosinitiate

So we've gone from "they were blanks anybody can see that" to "where are the casings" to "what I really mean is its a squib gun."

Sorry, done with chasing goalposts.

I won't chase anything except the nonsensical, noble Celt. This
magic blank theory is a small distraction from the tragedy and
misplaced... but I'll add my .02 later.

Makes me no less sad about today.
A couple of good people died for no other reason than this self-
absorbed meatstick didn't have the decency to do just the one
who deserved it. It took a little while in painfully similar circum-
stances of my own to realize I'm not worth killing, much less anyone
else.

Back and gratefully to the emotionless reality of science.
Better late than never, but some third grade math for you and
the god guy. It bites at me that somebody believes a video camera
should be able to pick up a slug going supersonic. Here's why the
chances are slim you'll ever see a single frame with a bullet in it,
even at 2560 pixels width a frame (also don't matter):

Gun make or bullet size irrelevant, it's muzzle FPS = 1100... check.
Even a high quality camera; 29.97 fps (oh the irony FRAMES) = check.
So if I've arbitrarily nine feet of bullet path there's only a 25% chance
the bullet will even show up on the way, because 1100/about 30 = 36 2/3 ft.

Look like we might have let that one slip by this frame too. next. NOT.
Even if we could zoom the graininess like Keyhole to get the autographs,
the projectile is already out to pasture. Just had to get it off my chest.

Ive never been shot or seen a shooting except on live leak, but would your clothing move and the video capture a hole being created in you within the time frames mentioned above rather than trying to argue about catching a bullet ina frame which needs high speed cameras?

Im not a conspiracy theorist at all but I have to say it totally wasnt what I expected.

However, my cousin was in a shooting in Jamaica, they were robbed and then there was a bang as the robber ran off and then they all look around and one of the girls at the table just looks at him and says "ive been shot" then dropped to floor and wet herself...

So I get its not like Hollywood, but I was surprised.

I applaud more work on Mental Health that was mentioned earlier in the post, too many suicides, mass murder or even alcohol/drug etc. Its still Amateur Hour at many GP clinics, remember the Rolling Stones Mothers Little Helper, 1966 - the year Man landed on the moon, and we have moved more towards that and closed out Asylums even when the Stones were saying it 50 years ago.

But I suppose self caused Cancer kills more people from smoking by far and we still sell Cigarettes so we dont really care?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
CNN has been bombarding us with things about the killer and suddenly, they just stopped... and focused on the victims. I smell something fishy. News stations are not known for allowing a story to go to waste. They love their ratings.

I am telling you; there is more to this story.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: SkyNetBeware

No, actually...you made my point.

It wouldn't be logical to take away all cars and it wouldn't be logical to take away all firearms. Take away both and criminals would still find a way to get both.

Criminals don't follow the law, that's why they're criminals.

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
So we have another bloodless crime starring Alison Robbie Parker.
As super woman for WDBJ7 taking two extremely close range
slugs. From judging by the recoil a 9mm semi auto and defying
the knock down power associated with that calibur weapon.
In fact, she just kept running right on out of the G-D picture.

Why do we have crimes like this that look so hokey?
Could it be because they are?

Just my little critique.

You cant have seen many real clips of people being shot with pistols. Try check out liveleak sometime. There are plenty of people on this earth being shot with pistols but survive and run away and, even keep moving. Reality is way stranger than your Hollywood fiction.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:51 AM
link   
What I find most astounding is how every news outlet is showing the video that was recorded by the killer. If the church shooter had done the same, does anyone believe it would have been exposed as much?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: uggghhh

The fax was sent overnight. Or at least that was the reports yesterday.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

Your use of the term "knock down power" and then associating that with a 9 mil makes this a highly entertaining comment.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Power_Semi

Basically, no.

People don't become shooters because they were treated too nicely.

And as an actual victim of abuse, I do not appreciate the sentiment expressed in your post.

edit on 27-8-2015 by elliotmtl because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: stargatetravels
Two people got shot and people on here are seriously thinking that the whole thing is fake, the shooter is not the guy they've said, that the woman shot is secretly a man??
I just don't even know what to say - staggering.
People want everything, literally everything to be a conspiracy.
Some of you need to go outside once in a while and take a break.
My thoughts go out to the family and friends of those affected by this tragedy.

Indeed, over time my opinion of conspiracy theorists has changed considerably.

I used to think that people called them "nuts" to discredit what they were saying, now I think it's just because most of them are indeed completely bonkers.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: elliotmtl
a reply to: Power_Semi

Basically, no.

People don't become shooters because they were treated too nicely.

And as an actual victim of abuse, I do not appreciate the sentiment expressed in your post.

What are you talking about? I don't think you understand one single word of what I said.

I didn't say there are no victims, I said we as a society breed into some people the notion that they are victims, even when they aren't.

In fact, actually you are validating exactly what i said.

I don't know you and didn't write that post with you in mind, it was a bout some people in general.

But you've taken it, decided that it's somehow a slur against you, and are now indicating that you feel victimised by what I wrote, even though it wasn't about you.
edit on 27-8-2015 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Agreed with whoever posted POV Go Pro Murders are going to be the next craze. Its sick as, but a lot of these people seem to want that.

Even the gangs will start attaching them to their guns for the 'initiation'. Technology has its Ups and Downs - but Go Pro's dont kill people.

Still think the American Gun Law is crazy though, I have to say it is the most uncivilized backwards mentality IMO and to be the basis of freedom in the worlds only superpower is more insane than a fat gay bullied black man.

Sorry but to go to the mall, watch a movie, have a mcdonalds, go shopping for a new suit, computer, some food and wine for dinner and an AR15.....you are a messed up country.

But I dont live there so fill your boots!

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdeel

Absolute straw man / false equivalency. The conversation is about a man who used a gun to mow down three people, killing two of them in the process. He did not choose a car, nor an ax, nor did he attempt a drive-by stabbing. He chose to use a gun - as the vast majority of people seem to do in these situations.

America has a very complex problem with violence and hatred. A problem unique among first world nations. A problem that isn't even typical of many third world nations. And many of us feel that we need to have a discussion about all aspects of this problem.

To pretend that the 2.5 million guns in our country is not a related issue to this topic would be disingenuous and naive.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: P3tr4Q
is there anybody here that is convinced this to be another false flag? another acted up event to distract people from the real stuff happening right now?

I think several times you could make a case, this one. Not really, but that's me

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
a reply to: weirdeel

Absolute straw man / false equivalency. The conversation is about a man who used a gun to mow down three people, killing two of them in the process. He did not choose a car, nor an ax, nor did he attempt a drive-by stabbing. He chose to use a gun - as the vast majority of people seem to do in these situations.

America has a very complex problem with violence and hatred. A problem unique among first world nations. A problem that isn't even typical of many third world nations. And many of us feel that we need to have a discussion about all aspects of this problem.

To pretend that the 2.5 million guns in our country is not a related issue to this topic would be disingenuous and naive.

Are you saying there are 2.5 million non military guns in the country?

new topics

top topics

<< 39  40  41    43  44  45 >>

join