It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two journalists killed in shooting during live newscast at Smith Mountain Lake

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I'm going to be honest, when I saw the shooting video, there was barely any response emotionally. Normally when I see acts of injustice, I am very moved by it. Especially when it pertains to refugees and things of the like. It was very weird to me that I did not feel as much when this occurred, as I normally do.

I'm not sure if it is a numbness at the surreal nature of the act, or whatever... but I was not overcome with emotion. When I get these feelings, pr lack thereof, typically that is my intuitive side telling me there is more to this case that the news station is releasing. Once again, I'm not saying it justifies killing someone execution style, but it does shed light on what might have led to this senseless act.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Rosinitiate

So we've gone from "they were blanks anybody can see that" to "where are the casings" to "what I really mean is its a squib gun."

Sorry, done with chasing goalposts.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I dont really have to put much effort into paying attention when it states that your reply was to me, how can you blame me for then thinking you were stating your post to me ? You also asked me what world i live in and said my tin foil hat was too tight.

That shows me your post was aimed directly at me, if it wasnt, i do apologise

link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

So we've gone from "they were blanks anybody can see that" to "where are the casings" to "what I really mean is its a squib gun."

Sorry, done with chasing goalposts.

My point has yet to change. Sorry if it's too complex for you. A non-gun or squib gun doesn't dispense casings. As I said, I've watched the video a few times and I have shot and watched videos of shootings and it isn't very hard to catch the flying casings. Didn't see one.

And apparently people would rather rage on with the gun debate than actually criticize the video. Which, incidentally, I thought ATS was about.
edit on 26-8-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: weirdeel

You made my point. Thanks!

Take away all cars, you don't have car accidents.

Take away all guns, you don't have shootings.

The vox article shows just how much of an outlier the USA is, on the bad side, because of how many more guns we have.

link   

originally posted by: rigel4

I guess there is still no gun problem in the states!!

Oh right.... "Guns don't kill people.. people kill
people"

/laughter

why not just say what you want to say.

Don't hide behind old tag lines.

Just saying....

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Just read the comments on this video, we can already see where the debate is heading.

Now... if it was a white man shooting a black reporter, not vice-versa, the narrative would be totally different and the masses would be screaming hate crime. The double standard of knee-jerk reactions.

edit on 26-8-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Maybe I'm going crazy but there's a screen capture from the cameraman footage showing Vester standing, holding a gun . www.wtvy.com... but, when I watch the video in slo motion, no where in the footage does it show vester's face nor any portion of his upper body and him holding a gun. All we see when the camera drops to the ground is someone's lower body, walking towards the victims.

I'm not calling false flag here, but I'm just curious if anyone else noticed this.
edit on 26-8-2015 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

No need to insult my intelligence for pointing out your goalpost moving. It's not my fault it took you three tries before I finally got tired of debating it with you.

Now your argument is based on this: youtu.be...

Still don't see the barrel of the gun flailing around like it did in the video the shooter took and posted.

Sorry if that's too complex for you.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Visitor2012

I cant say i did my friend, another good observation
Even tho it seems highly unlikely that it is a false flag event, it still has alot of strange parts in it.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: old_god

Ok man, here' where I'll stop you... You might have a few valid point... to some people. But i will have to say, from experience. Those were not blanks...
The weapon apears to be a Glock 38, which is a .45, due to from the width of the weapon, it was firing live rounds due to the obvious recoil. Also, adrenaline is realeased into your body, in such a quick exert, that you inact an almost subhuman level of endurance. It does't last long, and actually deprives the body of much needed engergy and focus, that people typically die as a result of the deficit. But, she did show signs of being hit with a projectile, mulitple times too.

The truth is, people don't get shot and fall to the ground. For that very brief instant, you don't realise it, but you actually don't feel anything. You definetly feel the aftermath...

To say it was fake is completly ignorant and wrong.

If you have ever TRULY been in a situaltion where people are getting shot, then you KNOW how people react. People react in three ways, and only three way, you run, you show reaction towards the threat, or the most common, you freeze. The camera man and the woman being interviewed froze, the anchor, she fled.

Most people would love to believe that they would react in a manner to control the situation, but the fact of the matter is, they won't. They will freeze.

This obviously really happened.

It was premeditated, and executed exactly as intended, so it seems.

Try to have a good night, in light of our terrible tradgedy...
edit on 26-8-2015 by DarkGuardian because: Clearity

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: CuriousPaddy

Anybody can be made shut up my friend, im not saying for definite that all of this is a big false flag, but anyone can be made shut up

And if they cant ? They can be put to sleep

There is a meme somewhere on the intertubes for your post....just has to be.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: PresidentHeston
Is there some reason that all of your posts are in huge letters?
There's no need to shout. Really.

Easier to discern / read... and I never shout, expect with joy.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
To deny gun availability increases gun violence is like denying that machines in factories increase productivity.

You see, a gun in the hand of a psycho is a productivity enhancer. It allows psychos to be more productive and efficient.

It's also the reason we go to war with guns instead of swords.

Question: if guns were completely banned in the USA and unavailable, how many gun deaths would occur afterward? Answer: zero. Why: because there are no guns. I'm typing slowly so you understand.

Go ahead and debate what the second amendment says, just don't look silly by pretending that widespread gun availability is unrelated to significant numbers of gun deaths.

Now I'm not saying we should ban all guns, just pointing out that doing so would end all gun deaths and reduce murders. I personally prefer some common sense gun laws, like safety training, insurance requirements, etc, and stiff penalties if you violate those and get caught, and the gvmt would not even check unless your gun is used in a crime. You get the drift. Yes, I know, gun nuts won't agree to any common sense laws, and that's why blood is on their hands.
edit on 26-8-2015 by SkyNetBeware because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
this has fake written all over it
edit on 26-8-2015 by sophie87 because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2015 by sophie87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: SkyNetBeware

Im Irish, i care not for the american gun laws, but i think people counter argument is that, you can ban all the guns you want, but only honest decent people who are afraid to break a law will be the ones who wont own a gun, the ones who are in fear of danger will still carry, criminals will still carry, and people will argue that they need guns to protect themselves from those crminals. So to ban them will only cause a minor few to not have guns, while the rest of them do, but maybe it would put a curve on people carrying them around on there person and just whipping it out when there p#### off !

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: CuriousPaddy

Well, maybe I was wrong..I did see a frame showing his upper body. But still don't know how the news shows such a clearer image. My image capture on the right was from a 720p video.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   
How are you going to make guns 100% unavailable?

It is impossible and therefore the premise for your entire argument completely falls apart.

How's gun control working in Chicago and Baltimore?

Where are you from by the way?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

This is so damn fake I can't get my head around it. The photo of the suspect is clearly an African American. The hand in the video is clearly white. Night light skinned black, but white. In the video taken by the suspect, he shot three times at the news reporter and the camera man went down. How can the camera man go down if he wasn't shot? Maybe he dropped the camer and ran, possible. But still. The shooter walked down the wooded pathway which would be heard by all of the participants in the filming, and yet noone reacted. The shooter came right behind the cameraman for several seconds and pointed the gun at the reporter, and still no reaction by anyone. Then when the camera man panned back to the reporter he shot at her, with blanks. Gun control here ya go. BOOM. Anyone want to say it is real? Prove it. Closed casket funerals for each of these people, prove it.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: iDope

She was clearly shot center of mass, by what seemed like a heavily recoiled gun, and she reacts like she heard a firecracker and runs away? Doesn't seem right at all. Two shots, center of mass, and you're dropping like a sack of potatoes.

new topics

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join