It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two journalists killed in shooting during live newscast at Smith Mountain Lake

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Can't be arsed to read 34 pages to find out so perhaps someone would be kind enough to tell me how he not only knew both would be working together this morning, but also how he found out where they would be located?

Co-conspirator?

Followed them and got lucky that they'd be together today?

Or did they always work together?

How did he know that?
Is that public knowledge?

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
I don't recall that being mentioned. Very good questions.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   

From what I read he used to work for the tv station before getting fired. Assume he would have known schedules. Maybe park across the street and follow ?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

I know the shooter was recording and we would have seen it even if it wasnt live, but it seems like he waited untill the camera man panned around so it would be live. The camera mans view also makes it seem like he is the first shot, but the shooters view shows us it is the reporter who is first shot. I know there are not enough victims but the impact is greater, many people would have been watching that live, an interview about tourism, and the shock experience of that is a great impact, someone also mentioned the government creating a racial divide, the shooter is african american, (tho im still sort of on the caucasian boat)and the victims white, of which the supposed shooters motive was racial comments, now wouldnt that create more racial tensions between common folk ? Again im not saying this is concrete, just a suspicious view that i have

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Can't be arsed to read 34 pages to find out so perhaps someone would be kind enough to tell me how he not only knew both would be working together this morning, but also how he found out where they would be located?

Co-conspirator?

How did he know that?
Is that public knowledge?

Thanks.

pretty sure this has already been discussed in other posts.

He could have simply waited outside of the station maybe.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

He used to work at the station. Wouldn't be hard for him to know who works mornings and who works evenings. The stations around here essentially run shifts or crews. The same camera guys go out every morning and different ones go out every evening. We frequently see the same reporters with the same camera guys. Not always, but often.

Some stations will post when they're doing a particular segment. Or maybe he just followed them.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Thanks guys.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: CuriousPaddy

Perhaps because there seem to be a few individuals saying this isn't real because of supposed discrepancies that really only happen in Hollywood movies, television and video games?

That would be my best guess.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I guess there is still no gun problem in the states!!

Oh right.... "Guns don't kill people.. people kill
people"

/laughter

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

This happened very close to my location, and it has really rattled me. He shot himself on I-66 in Fauquier County, where my physician's office is located...I go there at least twice a month. I don't care what the motivation was, and no one else around here really does either. We're all just in shock and feeling very vulnerable right now.

The last thing I said to my housemate when he dropped me at the shop this morning was "This man will be dead before the day is out, he will commit suicide, wait and see." About 45 mins later a friend came in and told me he'd shot himself and run off the road off 66...he wasn't dead, but he was on his way out. He didn't do this expecting to walk away from it. It was actually a comfort to know that he wouldn't survive his gunshot. Maybe that sounds cold and callous, but I really don't care. I'm glad he is dead. I only wish he had done it before he took the lives of those people.

I'm not far away either and, I share your sentiments.

When I heard he was travelling north on 81, it sent chills through me.

When I heard he shot himself, I felt a tinge of guilt for feeling glad that he did.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdeel

Of which i am not one of, the reason i replied to your comment was, you seemed to be aiming the "this isnt a movie" thing at me.

I apologise if i thought wrong.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: CuriousPaddy

My OP was not aimed towards you.

No need to apologise.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Co-conspirator?

How did he know that?

i don't think there was a co-conspirator, from what i gathered watching the reports these two worked togather most of the time.
i also saw were she said in a report that she and the cameraman were going to be doing a final report for the series they were doing.
plus it was known that today was her last day at the station, she was moving on.

i think he either hid and waited at the location, or followed them.

two more things, i also saw on the news tonight he had complained about being sexually harassed, about being a gay black man and if that is true, that throws out him and her dating.

also i saw that she got his job after he was let go, that was one of the reason he was bitchin about them hiring her after the racial comments complaint. this was all on the ABC evening news and Fox tonight.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: weirdeel

still no gun problem then?

its a people problem?

let me ask you a personal question...

Are you a Christian ?
edit on Wed, 26 Aug 2015 19:08:26 -0500087America/ChicagoWednesday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

I agree - I live in Texas now but my wife is a Hokie, we both used to live in Virginia and the exit for my in laws is 2 exits from where this effer shot himself.

Also seeing how well loved the victims were is just hitting me pretty hard.

No politics this evening. I'm just a bit sad and will have some beers and some wings and maybe get some writing in.

I wish everyone the best, ATSers

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

let me ask you a question, do you post anything other than trollin posts.

edit on 26-8-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Back from the dead...almost.

Thought I would put my last few words in while I am still here. This whole story is total bollox from top to bottom and let me explain why.

Being an experienced shooter myself and having watched that video I can confidently say he fired blanks and nothing else, no a single bullet came out of that gun (I checked the video frame by frame) and not a single one impacted the body and neither did the victim's body (the female reporter) react in any way that would indicated something had hit her body like a bullet tip and/or shrapnel.

Here is a very likely scenario:

Our would be gunman was a bit pee'd off and was most likely bullied by his co-workers, specifically those two. Thought what the heck I will prank them and get a blank firearm and make them crap their pants and video it to put up on Facebook for a good laugh a bit later only it didn't quite go to plan.

Sure they ran off like crazy but someone probably called the cops and the fine US cops didn't hesitate to shoot-the-#-outa-everyone as usual and probably killed the two reporters (or it could have been a security guard), then proceeded to shoot and kill the so called gunman.

So what do you have here? A mess that someone saw for its political potential and it was spun, very hard into what we are hearing on the news right now.

My god is ATS really this dry now? I left this place for years and lurked a little but I find most people on here have no common sense left or lateral and logical thinking abilities and I am the one going senile here!

Adios (I hope I don't come back again).
edit on 26-8-2015 by old_god because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2015 by old_god because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Asking a question to expose the mindset that think guns don't kill people
is far from trolling.

What's your take on this premise ????

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: old_god

That is literally the most ignorant thing I've ever heard.

This site is here to deny ignorance, and you are promoting it. GTFO.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join