It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two journalists killed in shooting during live newscast at Smith Mountain Lake

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Drug users have to want to quit for any kind of 12 step program to work.

Yes, rehab only works for those who are willing. 12-step programs are (in my opinion) not a cure-all.

The REAL work is getting the client into talk therapy to deconstruct the reasons they use drugs to begin with (or want to go execute two innocent people and then 'suicide by cop').

Then again, the doctors prescribing oxycodone to people but not following up to make sure the patient doesn't become dependent have something to do with it, too.

We're off-topic though...thanks for your response.

THIS MAN is a psycho. If he had gotten treatment for his neurotic persecution complex and rage issues, it would have helped. But, as you say, if the SUBJECT does NOT want help, it never works. Ever.

edit on 8/26/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: FreeQuebec86
( Wall-text coming, from a non-english guy ( French/Quebecer ) + USA hate on your policy and NRA control your gouvernement ) One day you will all wake up maybe...

[ snip ]

NRA = Worst then Illuminati ( because NRA is real and have REAL power on your gouvernement... they even start here to try to get Conservateur Steven Harper re-elect.... by funding him like hell.... ) ANnnnny ways....

Bonjour FreeQuebec86!

I'll let Bobby Jindal answer this one for me.

As for myself I would just say that my heart goes out to the families of Allison Parker and Adam Ward.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 26-8-2015 by mikegrouchy because: grammar and format

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

He died a coward and took the easy way out, after he robbed two others of that ability. I hope he burns in Hell.

Well Hell dont come into being actually until the final judgement comes. This guy will be in purgatory though for sure and by th etime that judgement comes will be well aware of the impending punishment. Which is his soul will be burnt up as to had never existed and will dissapear from the minds of the FOllowers of God.

Havent you ever wondered why God said there will be no tears in heaven? Because the hurt and pain such people caused will be wiped away because their soul is wiped away from all time and memory when consumed in the lake of fire. Its actually a MERCY because God is a loving God and does not want to torture anything forever.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Ok. I see now why he waited.

i havn't seen the actua footage from the cameramans camera

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   
It might have been a race issue to the SHOOTER...but I've known belligerent, egotistical, "it's everybody else's fault" people...and race had nothing to do with it.

This guy was hard to get along with, he probably was pushy and arrogant, and when he had trouble at work because of HIS attitude he played the race card - which, unfortunately in this country these days, will trump whatever other problems he obviously had and allowed him to lay all the blame on his ethnicity.

Black, white, Hispanic, Native American, whatever-religion-you-happen-to-be......you can still be a JERK.
edit on 26-8-2015 by Jansy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Both videos are very disturbing. The shooters video is absolutely horrific.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: FreeQuebec86

In culling through your post, I get the concept of "gun bad, NRA evil, NRA control government". Nowhere in your post is the element of personal responsibility for one's actions, or the blame and cause of this shooting laid bare at the suspect's feet. Guns in the wrong(criminals, psychos) hands are a definite problem here, but once again the attempt to group all gun owners in with those who are responsible for acts of depravity like this one is simple-minded and wrong.

I guess America's gun laws are "stupid" to many around the world, but it seems to be voiced loudest from countries born under the boot of monarchy or repressive rule, vocalized without the concept of living with many freedoms, including freedoms of press and firearm ownership. With rights come responsibilities, and over 99% of legal gun owners adhere to laws, but it's easy for the one percent that don't to be representative of the whole, especially to those who've never lived within our borders.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

Why take personal responsibility for something when you can blame a third party for it?

Why take responsibility for something when you can pin the blame on a group of people as whole, despite the fact that the overwhelming majority of that group never commits any kind of violent crime?

Way better to take the blame off the perpetrator and blame something else entirely for the perp's actions.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Boscowashisnamo

His country ranks 18th in press freedom. The US ranks 46th.

Source

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Not sure if this was posted or not but the shooter was pronounced at 1:26 pm EDT, at local hospital. There was a press conference scheduled for 1 pm but looks like it was delayed at least somewhat.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Did the live feed just die on anyone else?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

So the shooter is dead for sure now ?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Well he isn't a selfish, psychotic narcissistic bastard any more.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Saw both vids (live studio version, and the one that the gunman filmed).

The gunman version looked so much like a video game. I bet this guy spends alot of time browsing the internet and websites like reddit and 4chan. This is a perfect example of what would happen if the internet decided to become real life.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Am I hearing this right he had the names of the Charleston shooting victims on the bullets.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Simple. If is not the fault of blacks, whites, Hispanics, men, women, Christians,Muslims, Jews, etc basically a large group. The really there is no large "problem" requiring large scale "solutions".

In other words if you have an individual responsible how on earth does that require large scale law changes, money needs, New power, etc. It doesn't. No p logical thinking person in the world would accept such large scale changes to a problem of individuals. But if you get any group label in anyway why then you need mass changes no matter what the true end goal of those changes are.

Maybe I made sense, maybe not. But I know what I'm trying to say.

link   
Why do all these new age mass killers have manifestos? According to this manifesto, his heroes were the people who were involved in the columbine and Virginia tech shooting? How does that make any sense?

He said, according to CNN's interpretation of his manifesto, that the Charleston shooting was the tipping point for him, and that is when he purchased his gun.

This narrative sounds very familiar. Similar to the gunman of the Charleston shooting who claimed in his manifesto that the Travyvon Martin killing (correct me, I know it was one of the racially based shootings) was his tipping point, along with the rhetoric of white supremacist groups.

This is all fishy man. RIP to those who did pass, but... this is all too fishy.

link   

originally posted by: mikegrouchy

originally posted by: FreeQuebec86
( Wall-text coming, from a non-english guy ( French/Quebecer ) + USA hate on your policy and NRA control your gouvernement ) One day you will all wake up maybe...

[ snip ]

NRA = Worst then Illuminati ( because NRA is real and have REAL power on your gouvernement... they even start here to try to get Conservateur Steven Harper re-elect.... by funding him like hell.... ) ANnnnny ways....

Bonjour FreeQuebec86!

I'll let Bobby Jindal answer this one for me.

This is most ignorant and sellout of a response possible.

More people are dead because of ridiculous gun control policies...... But let's not talk about why it happened or discuss how to solve the issue. Let's just prey to god and mourn about how tragic it is, until we're all over it and it just happens again next week.

And the cycle ignorance and stupidity just continues.
edit on 26-8-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Elldren

no, the majority of even multiple gunshot wounds do not even result in fatality, let alone, drop you immediately.

People need to stop thinking movies are real life.

Jaden

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Ok. I see now why he waited.

i havn't seen the actua footage from the cameramans camera

Me too

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join