It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two journalists killed in shooting during live newscast at Smith Mountain Lake

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Yikes, Should be noted that the video is EXTREMELY graphic.

Viewer Discretion is advised.

God.... Why did I watch that.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Thank God they took the Twitter down... I'm now regretting posting the link. It's just that I was on the page trying to see if this person matched the photos that were getting posted...

And I started reading the posts of him ranting about the victims... and then the video appeared.

link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

This is insane... the killer just uploaded video of the shooting.

Should we be giving him the time of day?

He just killed people. The only media coverage he deserves is when the public gets to see him take the stand.

Screw his videos, and people should ignore their morbid curiosity because it plays into his hands. He wants to be seen and talked about, we should be depriving him of that.

link   
Twitter feed has been suspended. He filmed that with his own phone from his own perspective. He stood there for what seemed like forever with the gun OUT AT CLOSE RANGE. I can't understand how nobody noticed.

That is so messed up and sad I don't even have words.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

HOLY CRAP!!! He filmed it from his own perspective!!! Wtf is wrong with people???

He worked in the TV news industry.

I hate to appear morbid, but did anyone capture the video before they suspended his twitter account?

link   
nm
edit on 8/26/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
Shooter is being reported to be a disgruntled employee or former employee…..

Dsigruntled, huh? Imagine that. Maybe the media told lies about him on the air ruining his life or something like that.

The media dripping lies about world events? Nooo…

NOT. EVERYTHING. IS. AN. EVIL. GOVERNMENT. CONSPIRACY.

I highly doubt the government did this. They would never shoot their own messenger.

Youre kidding. they would shoot their own messenger to tie up loose ends.

link   
While the shooting is not doubt a very disturbing situation. I hope I'm not alone in finding the obsession that people have with social media, in this case the shooter filming his own shooting, almost equally disturbing.

link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Well I am sure sorry I didn't ignore it!

link   

originally posted by: TheMainEvent

Yikes, Should be noted that the video is EXTREMELY graphic.

Viewer Discretion is advised.

God.... Why did I watch that.

Watching stuff like that can be psychologically damaging. That's why I prefer not to subject myself to stuff like that unless absolutely necessary.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Thank God they took the Twitter down... I'm now regretting posting the link. It's just that I was on the page trying to see if this person matched the photos that were getting posted...

And I started reading the posts of him ranting about the victims... and then the video appeared.

In your defense, how could you possibly know this guy would be so messed up in the head to actually film the shooting and then post it on freaking twitter.
edit on 26-8-2015 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

HOLY CRAP!!! He filmed it from his own perspective!!! Wtf is wrong with people???

Wow, I was waiting for this to be the next thing.

I forget what incident it was, it might have been the Charleston shooting or it might have been the Tunisia shooting, but I posted something about this becoming the next thing: strapping on go-pros to film killing in perspective.

That's just crazy.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Same here. I did not see the video when I posted his twitter. It was posted "1 min ago" when I looked back.

I am floored by this and it takes allot in these times to shock me.

link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
While the shooting is not doubt a very disturbing situation. I hope I'm not alone in finding the obsession that people have with social media, in this case the shooter filming his own shooting, almost equally disturbing.

Not equally, but close. I agree.

link   

I am just in shock.

I'm with you...I am in shock too.

More and more I am thinking when any of us leave our homes (for various reasons)...we need to be vigilant and watch our backs no matter what time of the day, afternoon or night it is.

Is it just me...or more and more in society are bold criminals coming forward and harming people?

link   

Hey, man... I'm glad you posted it.

It's crazy how they just took his Twitter down,
and I'm not at all surprised. That was about as real as it gets.

It really puts this whole thing in perspective. Unbelievable.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

This guys is one sick pup.

Pure evil to post the video.

wow,

what on earth

RIP dear souls, so sad

link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

In your defense, how could you possibly know this guy would be so messed up in the head to actually film the shooting but, to then post it on freaking twitter.

And he apparently posted it while on the run from police.
The authorities urge people not to text and drive, he is uploading murder videos to twitter.

link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
This is a sad story. I am going to venture a guess that the killer was someone they knew, or at least one of them knew....scorned lover or something of the sort. Seems like a planned attack to me....whomever killed them had to know where they would be reporting from.

You nailed it.

Apparently an ex-boyfriend.

The shooter in a tragic incident Wednesday morning in which two journalists, 24-year-old Alison Parker and 27-year-old Adam Ward, at a local Virginia television station has been identified as Vester Lee Flanagan. Reports say he was a former employee of the station, and went as Bryce Williams on air. Sources have also said the shooter is one of the victim’s ex-boyfriend.
Link

SMH, people these days...

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Its called tunnel vision...

Its one of the reasons you see police look to their left and right after shots fired.

I am curious if we will hear from any civil rights leaders on this?

edit on 26-8-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join