It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz Plots Government Shutdown Fight Over Planned Parenthood

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: Aazadan

CMP has nothing to do with what I am talking about....
what would the reason be for the gov't to take funding away from planned parenthood?
the courts has already decided and it has been upheld that it can't be done solely because planned parenthood does abortions along with the services that the funding is used for....
at least at the state level, I imagine that if the states can't the federal level won't get to either.

The government can take funding away from planned parenthood just because they want to. They don't have a constitutional right to funding, it's purely a matter of budgeting and their funding can be removed or changed each time the budget comes up.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

The government can take funding away from planned parenthood just because they want to.

Not exactly. I mean, they can find another contractor to fulfill the mandate of the TITLE X, but they can't deny the American people the exact same services that were being provided by Planned Parenthood, through tax payer dollars.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: windword
that might be where my wires are getting crossed,
the states are trying to block medicaid funds, and well, that's what previous cases said can't be done.

<< 5  6  7   >>

join