It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luke, I am your father CHANGED, to NO, I am your father......

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Thank you for your post. Nice and calm and logical.

Someone above implied I thought he was married to Tammy Faye Baker, but I never thought he was married to her, she was just at the funeral with her mascara, an out of hand mess, so we used to joke about it.... I really do not understand why it makes them so mad.

Like they were filled with glee thinking I was wrong because he never married Tammy Faye Baker, well, I never thought they married, she just was there at the funeral, when he died, along with a HUGE amount of other people.

We watched the funeral at my grandparents house, and we also made comments on how it felt like church on TV, and we would never watch a TV church program and were involuntarily being made to participate in a religious service on TV, but it was such a huge deal, that we watched, because it was on pretty much every channel, like with 911, 911 even interrupted the teletubbies, i know, because I put treehouse on for my chihuahua at night so he would feel like he had company, and let me sleep! lol

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

Empire strikes back is the only good Star Wars moving. He has always said "No! I am your father!". I've been having this same conversation with people since the mid 80's.

I still have the original cut movie on VHS and I had it converted to DVD. He definitely does NOT say Luke, I am your father.

Here is a YT clip of the original scene, also from the VHS tapes.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

You really think it was "A Vampire Lestat?" how does that even make any sense??? It's talking about a person (Vampire) so A does not belong in the title at all grammatically. The does.

Same with "Interview with a Vampire."

The word The is in the title because it is playing off the title of the book. So the title is Interview with The Vampire (Lestat)
edit on 26-8-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

It doesn't matter what proof you post, the op will just chalk it up to the fact that your from this timeline and he's not.

This is getting kinda sad, people can't fathom a world where they can't trust their memory( human memory is one of the most unreliable sources of information, ask any police officer), so instead of thinking "hey maybe I got it wrong, maybe my memory isn't perfect, maybe it's just one of the most misquoted movie lines of ALL TIME and that's why all my friends(who were children at the time) kept getting it wrong, no, none of that is the least bit possible. So it must be that there is a secret group of time travelers, who instead of building great wealth with their tech, they decide to go back and change random movie titles by one useless word, or random movie scenes.

I have a feeling that if this trend continues we will have tons of people claiming to be "trans-timeline", and that no one can say anything they say is wrong because it will hurt their feelings, and everything they remember wrong is just them being right in the wrong timeline.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:22 PM
link   

It was never Sex in the City. This happened due to colloquial accents shortening And to an and people began to hear in. The whole show is about Sex (relationships) AND the city (living in posh Manhattan), not just having sex IN the city.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I see what you did there.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

An appeal to popularity for bias confirmation? Double fallacy ftw.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

You really think it was "A Vampire Lestat?" how does that even make any sense??? It's talking about a person (Vampire) so A does not belong in the title at all grammatically. The does.

Same with "A Interview with a Vampire." A does not belong. An would.

The word The is in the title because it is playing off the title of the book.

There was never a "The, or an "A" at the beginning, it was simply, "Interview with a Vampire"... I have never heard of the other movie, and yes that would sound and be wrong. Plainly stated as "vampire Lestat" would make more sense than adding "A" OR "the" in front of it.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

also, as someone else mentioned, calling it interview with "THE" vampire, makes no sense, as that indicates only ONE vampire, when there were more than one, hence, the interview, with ONE of them, "A Vampire", not "THE Vampire" as if there were only him alone....

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: iFloButta

This is interesting it brings up many old "timeshifts" Bernstein bears being one, sex AND the city another, but mostly I think of that old comedy/rap song.. "Luke, I'm your father. I'm your father, I'm your father" I'll maybe embed that video tomorrow after some sleep.
I'm the meantime I would appreciate you looking at my thread, there could be a connection which answers some of your life long questions since your mother has regained interest in you.

Personally I regained interest in my mother in respect and love, I hope you feel the same way. Just posted this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can not find your thread. I just get redirected to the first page of ATS. I think it was removed?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

There are more than one vampires that are being interviewed? Have you even seen the movie??

The only vampire interviewed is Louis de Pointe du Lac who was turned by the Vampire Lestat.

Yes, his story contains other vampires, but there is only ONE vampire being interviewed.

Edit: Let's look at all the books:

Interview with the Vampire (1976)
The Vampire Lestat (1985)
The Queen of the Damned (1988)
The Tale of the Body Thief (1992)
Memnoch the Devil (1995)
The Vampire Armand (1998)

Do you see the theme?
edit on 26-8-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Only one is being interviewed ...

It would sound just as weird saying interview with THE nurse, for example... interview with "A" nurse, would make more sense, is all I am trying to say.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

No, see my edit. Each of her books is about "The Vampire"

This book was specifically about the vampire Louis, so you could read the title as "Interview With The Vampire Louis"

Her book did so well that she had to start inserting the different names into the titles to prevent confusion.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

We really need spoiler tags damnit!

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

It bugs me because unlike half the posters here I'm not willing to entertain your delusion. It's not healthy and will, if not challenged, cause you harm. I'm being mean out of respect for the fact that you're human and need correcting. You ARE wrong and you don't see it, that's how fanatics are born. You'll lose the ability to see anything outside of your already pre-conceived notion of what is fact and what is not reality........... But you already did that..

Go ahead think what you want. I'll see you in a new timeline, I'll probably be called honeselius though, so look out for me.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

You don't understand why it's irking me so much, so why not just ask? Now you're being a hypocrite. Let me explain.

I am being this way as this guy was PROVEN wrong, on post one. Literally the first reply I provided him evidence he's wrong. He ignored it and carries on this stupid tirade of alternate timelines because of a BAD MEMORY. This could cause him harm in the future. Entertaining a delusion is not okay. Forgive me for not wanting to give someone a psychosis. I'm actually trying to help the guy..... Keep playing along though..... Any and all evidence to the contrary of his radical position will be flat out ignored or shouted down - this is dangerous - and we're supposed to play nice? I'll pass......

But I'm guessing this guy has original transcripts from the other world where it is indeed changed no? Maybe it's just him changing timelines because I disagree with everything he's said has 'happened to change the future'. I have a decent memory and Billy Graham did NOT die, Australia is still where it was last year and Darth Vader did not say "luke" it's contextually ridiculous....
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
in the magical multiverse where no one is ever wrong :

stupid miss-heard lyrics

an extra time line for each and every one of them

I actually totally love this stuff, and get quite a kick out of it, I laugh my butt off at myself sometimes.

I had thought that U2 sang " if you wanna kiss THIS GUY, but it was kiss THE SKY"
Mariah Carey sang "sweet sweet medicine baby", I heard, Sweet sweet fantasy baby" or OOPS< other way around, lol.... " How bizarre" I heard "my guitar".... and the list goes on...

With things like that, I know I am wrong, laugh, and know INSTANTLY I am wrong, and crack right up!

It is not the same..... you don't watch a funeral with your entire family, and have long runny jokes about it, then years later see the guy alive etc..... it is in a whole other category.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Yoneselius, lol...... I wanted to be wrong, but I can't deny my own identity and reality, THAT is unhealthy.

I want to study quantum physic and all the other sciency stuff on this, but it is wayyyy over my head, and they would not have science all over this, if it were not plausible, so you need to just expand your influence of study, or bow out gracefully...

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   

So now you admit your memory is terrible and you're frequently wrong? That should bolster the credibility of further timeline slips.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

That reply makes no sense at all, absolutely none. Even if I arrange the words in a different order it makes no sense.

I wont bow to anything that's not the truth. You can't study a lie. Good luck trying.

Every time a layman is wrong they say 'quantum'. Remember that. Quantum physics can't explain what happened, know why? Nothing did happen other than you being wrong, I just want you to admit it. You're wrong. Or as many others have, you're trolling the ATS community to see how gullible some of us are........... I don't know which is more insidious.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join