It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luke, I am your father CHANGED, to NO, I am your father......

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: CthulhuMythos

The only thing I could think of that may explain the change

Trademarks? Maybe?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: Bedlam

4is that the one by larry niven or david niven - or does that depend on which timeline you are from ???

Well, in my base timeline it was Dr Laurence VanCott, but here it looks and sounds like the same guy, and it's Larry Niven here. Although Jerry Pournelle not being a tee-totaller in this timeline took some getting used to. He was a real bear about that in the one I came from.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:17 AM
link   
This is absurd. I gave you EVIDENCE in the FIRST POST to your thread that you're wrong but you're still going on and on as though your argument has any credence at all. You have been proven wrong on REPLY ONE. You just keep going round in circles and, quite frankly, I think you're a product of too much internet time alone.

Get off the internet, get OFF those timeline stories and get out.

If the timeline had been changed, you wouldn't even remember an alternate past, so just drop it. Nothing productive will come of this, you're just remembering things wrong. Ask an expert on the matter you think has 'slipped'. My friend as a Star wars buff knew you were wrong immediately.

This whole thread is a joke. I'm sorry if that offends you but it is.

What makes this scarier is you speak as though this is a forgone conclusion, so I ask you. How do you refute my rebuttal? What do you say to the fact you were completely wrong about something YOU said supports your theory?
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:19 AM
link   
Tommy Boy is the perfect example of why this is misquoted so often. If you only walk up to someone and say "No, I am your father" it makes no sense. In order to quote this to someone everyone always puts in the obligatory "Luke" instead of "No." I have had this conversation with my wife and niece several times because they always get confused if they watch the movie because they think it is "Luke, I am your father". But thy have both seen the movie only a handful of times, and even as you stated earlier to ask a true hardcore Star Wars fan, I bet everyone has heard this specific line misquoted more times than they have ever watched it, leading to the confusion.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: Domo1

Ok I'll admit some of these are reaching to much.. There is one I struggle with, I watched billy Graham's funeral, I was with my dad when it was reported on radio he had died we both remember all of this, that his son was to take over his ministry. Now you are going to tell me that memory never happend? Is it misreporting? Who were they burying? How'd the story about son taking of the ministry come into to play? I have no #en idea but that # really disturbs me. It's not all celebrity bull# but that's the stuff everyone would notice, what's disturbing is if stuff like that can change what that is more intiment and personal to you can change as well?

We watched his funeral too, and back before my family all silently left each other for no reason, we had a running joke about mascara, because we were making fun of Tammy Faye bakers mascara running so much at his funeral, incase you remember that part, she should have worn water proof, or not so much! But, YES, we remember Billy Grahams funeral, mostly because of the mascara running...

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: iFloButta

I will check it out in the am. Thank you for your reply.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
youre all from a different timeline by sound of it ... everyone nows fine well darth vader was scottish, and said, "aye, listen luke .. am yer dad .. now nip up the shops 'n get me a wee half bottle of whiskey, a pack of ciggy papers n' a loaf, ya numpty"

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

hahahahaaaaaa Billy Grahams death was a social media hoax. This thread should be closed, if not for your own well being.

Just in case though...... Here's more proof you need help

He's not dead, get over it. He didn't die in the past either. Your MEMORY is wrong.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Joneselius

Because you just don't get it..... there will be NO evidence except other people's memories, like Billy Graham's funeral, like australia being far away in the middle of nowhere will NOT be on a map in this timeline, .... we didn't ALL imagine it, simple as that, come on! You don't get what I am saying, and don't want to try and get it, so move along! I don't need your insults and demands to shut up, thanks.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

hahahahaaaaaa Billy Grahams death was a social media hoax. This thread should be closed, if not for your own well being.

Just in case though...... Here's more proof you need help

He's not dead, get over it. He didn't die in the past either. Your MEMORY is wrong.

It was WAYYYY before social media! lol I didn't even have internet back then, social media wasn't even a thing! lol

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Nah. It's always just been misquoted. I remember when i was a kid someone corrected me and told me it was misquoted and i checked and sure enough it was.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:32 AM
link   

No, I do get it, and you're really starting to get annoying.

People like YOU don't get it. You're WRONG. Here I'll say it again WRONG WRONG WRONG.

When that sinks in, you can come back and see your foolishness. I don't remember him dying at all, not like you say. I also knew your darth Vader line was wrong. Also Nelson Mandela didn't die in prison, Australia is where it always was....

Go say this to an EXPERT in their field and they'll laugh you out of their very educated offices. You're WRONG. Now admit it, stop confirming your own bias and move on, please.

link   

there will be NO evidence except other people's memories

Memories are not reliable evidence. Less reliable the older they are. Especially those from childhood.

link   

Hence why I said he didn't die in the past either. So now you can't read?

And also that shows you, people try to fake his death and people like you believe them....

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:33 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius
No, I do get it, and you're really starting to get annoying.

then do as he says ... and move along ... problem over .. not only will you stop being annoyed at him .... you will stop annoying me too ..... woulda thought that was obvious ....
or stay .. and continue with being annoyed, and being annoying

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   
As an avid Star Wars fan who has watched the original trilogy countless hundreds of times, I remember it as always having been "No... I am your father."

That said, I've long since learned that memory alone is not reliable. This is one reason I keep journals. I can't tell you how many times I've gone back and read a journal from childhood and found that its contents conflict - however slightly - with my recall. (Though, I'm happy to say my memory still seems pretty solid, all things considered.)

My advice: Don't hold too fast to certainty about your recollections of events. Memory is plastic and malleable. We may not like that, as it can seem so core to our identities and sense of self, but it's the truth.

That said... agnostic as always about these things. Could you be from another reality in which the film was different? Sure. There's no way to prove you aren't. I've had similar experiences. It's fun to think about. It doesn't worry me either way at this point in my life. If somehow we are flitting from one worldline to another, then so be it. Such is the nature of the multiverse or what have you if that's the case.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Segenam

Deny ignorance no?

And do tell, how is a refutation being annoying? Or are you annoyed that I've challenged your view? If so, again deny ignorance.

(post by flice removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

there will be NO evidence except other people's memories

Memories are not reliable evidence. Less reliable the older they are. Especially those from childhood.

QFT....

One of the good old examples that is applicable to ALL generations from before and from now is that at some point you will tell your children or grandchildren that the summers were nicer and the winters colder when you were a kid.

I'm guessing as we run out of useable space in the brain we tend to keep the things we loved and forget the ones we didn't like so much.
Just proves, as you say, that memories are damn unreliable.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join