It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Luke, I am your father CHANGED, to NO, I am your father......

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: hidingthistime

it just shows history on google earth

Not satellite imagery from 1935.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

originally posted by: hidingthistime

originally posted by: Gryphon66

People have known about (and written about) the so-called "lion and the lamb" discrepancy for some time.

Typically, when someone is thinking of the “lion and the lamb,” Isaiah 11:6 is in mind due to it often being misquoted, “And the wolf will dwell with the lamb, and the leopard will lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together.”

The true “Lion and the Lamb” passage is Revelation 5:5–6. The Lion and the Lamb both refer to Jesus Christ. He is both the conquering Lion of the tribe of Judah and the Lamb who was slain. The Lion and the Lamb are descriptions of two aspects of the nature of Christ. As the Lion of Judah, He fulfills the prophecy of Genesis 49:9 and is the Messiah who would come from the tribe of Judah. As the Lamb of God, He is the perfect and ultimate sacrifice for sin.

Link

Look what y'all have made me do ... quoting the Bible. Jeez.
yes, good find, but it also said that at isaiah 11:6, and the jehovahs witnesses used to use them as paralelles to the harmony they saw between the old and new testament.

Just google isaiah 11:6 and you will see a large majority of the images are a lion and lamb with the quote, now why would that be?

Jehovahs witnesses a well know for editing bibles to suit their own needs.

A regular KJV is different to a Jehovah's Witness KJV.
show me evidence of it saying lion in isaiah 11:6 in one single translation EVER then!
show me IN the bible, not some long cover up damagae control bs article made to sooth the sheep either.

So you only want the evidence you want?

Confirmation bias much?
oh, taste of your own medicine? Answer a question with a question, again afraid to accept the challenge and change the subject because part of you is sooooooo terrified you may be wrong? Show me in a bible if you are so sure.
I can't because it doesn't exist. It's a misunderstanding that's been pointed out to you numerous times. Just because you deny it's true, doesn't it make false.
YOU said with quite the tone of determination that you believed this was the fault of the JWs changing their bibles.... more back peddling

How is that back peddling? JWs change their bibles. It's VERY well known. I can't show you in a bible because it doesn't exist in main stream bibles.

Next time, try this. Think before you type.
if you are so sure then go get a hard copy and take a picture with your phone! Not that hard. We both know very well I am not denying there are different bible translations and I agree 100% about the JWs being a fraud, but I can guaranee you isaiah 11:6 was not changed in thier bible as you were insinuating.

Why would I go out of my way to do that? There's proof of it all over the internet. There's plenty of websites that show all the things added, removed and edited in JWs bibles.
then show me an example that is relevent to this thread,
I already did, pages ago. You just didn't accept it.

or are you again just burying my good information under pages and pages of you 4 distract and redirerct tactics?
Am I the only person posting? I'm sure there's atleast 4.
no, you did not show me one example, from an actual bible, stop twisting words and filling my threds with your irrelevant empty garbage that buries all the good information.

I did link to a site that explained pretty well why it is interpreted the way it is.
yes, and like I said, a "damage control" article is in no way concrete evidence shown in an actual bible...

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

wow, you are stuck in broken record player mode pretty hard eh, on the one thing I agree on... what kind of tactic is that?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

If there was no ice cap shown even back in 1935, then how did the icecaps supposedly melt?

1935? I didn't know Google Earth predates the Internet.
the satellite images.
Weren't around in 1935

Not google earth.. come on! Stop with the twisting words. You are a word salad expert.... brutal.
Considering we were talking about Google Earth it's quite a logical step to assume you were taking about the same. Either way, no satellite images existed in 1935.
I agree with that, google earth is misleading there.

You've got to remember that Google Earth is just a collection of pictures. I can't find the info that says about 1935 though.

Do you mean you can see back on Google Earth to 1935? If that's the case then it's because of airplanes taking pictures and Google Earth stitching the early pictures together to make a "1935 Earth".

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

People have known about (and written about) the so-called "lion and the lamb" discrepancy for some time.

Typically, when someone is thinking of the “lion and the lamb,” Isaiah 11:6 is in mind due to it often being misquoted, “And the wolf will dwell with the lamb, and the leopard will lie down with the young goat, and the calf and the young lion and the fatling together.”

The true “Lion and the Lamb” passage is Revelation 5:5–6. The Lion and the Lamb both refer to Jesus Christ. He is both the conquering Lion of the tribe of Judah and the Lamb who was slain. The Lion and the Lamb are descriptions of two aspects of the nature of Christ. As the Lion of Judah, He fulfills the prophecy of Genesis 49:9 and is the Messiah who would come from the tribe of Judah. As the Lamb of God, He is the perfect and ultimate sacrifice for sin.

Link

Look what y'all have made me do ... quoting the Bible. Jeez.
yes, good find, but it also said that at isaiah 11:6, and the jehovahs witnesses used to use them as paralelles to the harmony they saw between the old and new testament.

Just google isaiah 11:6 and you will see a large majority of the images are a lion and lamb with the quote, now why would that be?

Jehovahs witnesses a well know for editing bibles to suit their own needs.

A regular KJV is different to a Jehovah's Witness KJV.
show me evidence of it saying lion in isaiah 11:6 in one single translation EVER then!
show me IN the bible, not some long cover up damagae control bs article made to sooth the sheep either.

So you only want the evidence you want?

Confirmation bias much?
oh, taste of your own medicine? Answer a question with a question, again afraid to accept the challenge and change the subject because part of you is sooooooo terrified you may be wrong? Show me in a bible if you are so sure.
I can't because it doesn't exist. It's a misunderstanding that's been pointed out to you numerous times. Just because you deny it's true, doesn't it make false.
YOU said with quite the tone of determination that you believed this was the fault of the JWs changing their bibles.... more back peddling

How is that back peddling? JWs change their bibles. It's VERY well known. I can't show you in a bible because it doesn't exist in main stream bibles.

Next time, try this. Think before you type.
if you are so sure then go get a hard copy and take a picture with your phone! Not that hard. We both know very well I am not denying there are different bible translations and I agree 100% about the JWs being a fraud, but I can guaranee you isaiah 11:6 was not changed in thier bible as you were insinuating.

Why would I go out of my way to do that? There's proof of it all over the internet. There's plenty of websites that show all the things added, removed and edited in JWs bibles.
then show me an example that is relevent to this thread,
I already did, pages ago. You just didn't accept it.

or are you again just burying my good information under pages and pages of you 4 distract and redirerct tactics?
Am I the only person posting? I'm sure there's atleast 4.
no, you did not show me one example, from an actual bible, stop twisting words and filling my threds with your irrelevant empty garbage that buries all the good information.

I did link to a site that explained pretty well why it is interpreted the way it is.
yes, and like I said, a "damage control" article is in no way concrete evidence shown in an actual bible...

But if you won't accept websites/YouTube as evidence, you can't use someone's website/YouTube as evidence.

You see what I'm getting at?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

wow, you are stuck in broken record player mode pretty hard eh, on the one thing I agree on... what kind of tactic is that?

I'm trying to understand why you are talking about Google Earth satellite pictures and 1935. I'm trying to find out if you have any understanding of how imagery is used on Google Earth. Your lack of understanding could well be the cause of your confusion. I'm trying to help you assuage your anxiety about it.

edit on 5/22/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I'm trying to understand why you are talking about Google Earth satellite pictures and 1935.
because in the video he shows on the slider bar going back on google earth in the timeline as far back as 1935. It is really annoying how you two keep fighting over videos you refuse to even watch... then when people watch them and see for themselves how good this guys knows geography, you guys look pretty foolish. He even measures things etc. He is not just willy nilly...

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I explained that a couple of posts up

They used airplane photos to get the images of the planet. So you would have a "virtual 1935 earth"

(Just trying to help)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Bahahaha ohhhhh, so now you two, who have constantly mocked and belittled me are trying to "HELP?"

Bahahahhhahaha....... yeah, ok! Lmao

You didn't understand it. We helped you to understand it. Isn't that called helping?

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   

because in the video he shows on the slider bar going back on google earth in the timeline as far back as 1935. I
I understand that. Do you understand what that means? It means that somewhere in the area being viewed there is an image from 1935. Do you understand that if you zoom into the Arctic Ocean instead of most of the northern hemisphere, that earliest date becomes 1999 and that there are images (satellite images) of a few islands? Do you understand that any image from 1935 would be an aerial photograph and not a satellite image and there are none of the Arctic Ocean?

You really should try verifying what that guy says for yourself. Or, failing that, don't dismiss what some are telling you. He's either very ignorant or being intentionally deceptive.
edit on 5/22/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   

because in the video he shows on the slider bar going back on google earth in the timeline as far back as 1935. I
I understand that. Do you understand what that means? It means that somewhere in the area being viewed there is an image from 1935. Do you understand that if you zoom into the Arctic Ocean instead of most of the northern hemisphere, that earliest date becomes 1999 and that there are images (satellite images) of a few islands? Do you understand that any image from 1935 would be an aerial photograph and not a satellite image and there are none of the Arctic Ocean?

You really should try verifying what that guy says for yourself. Or, failing that, don't dismiss what some are telling you.

you know what, you guys are really off topic, plain and simple.

You are constanlty arguing about things that are obvious and agreed upon and distracting from the real issue.

Where did the polar ice caps go in our history? If they melted in the last few years, then why are they not shown there allllll the way back as far as internet land can go on google earth without an ice overlay, why do they NEED an ice overlay if there was always ice there before, and that ice used to be permanent, why is all gone now in the history of google Earth?
edit on 22-5-2016 by hidingthistime because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

The Arctic ice is still there.

Google "arctic from space" and you'll see loads of images. I'm on my phone so can't upload pictures.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Google "arctic from space" and you'll see loads of images. I'm on my phone so can't upload pictures.

But NOT on google earth! Like I said before, it is the same as isaiah 11:6 showing all the pictures of the lion and lamb, but you REFUSE to look at that angle of things. Hardcore denial!

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

But NOT on google earth! Like I said before, it is the same as isaiah 11:6 showing all the pictures of the lion and lamb, but you REFUSE to look at that angle of things. Hardcore denial!

We've already explained over and over again why it's not on Google Earth.

Link to why
edit on 2252016 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:08 PM
link   

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Where did the polar ice caps go in our history?

There are still there.
nsidc.org...

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join