It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force reviewing tanker schedule

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The Air Force is reviewing the delivery schedule for the first batch of KC-46 aircraft after a series of setbacks.

Boeing began the program with a several month margin for delivery. At this point that margin has been almost completely eliminated. The margin had become so tight that once the KC-46 flies, it will almost immediately start refueling testing with various receiver aircraft. The test program will almost exclusively consist of receiver testing.

The program has also eaten all of the Air Force obligation for cost overruns, meaning further overruns are Boeing obligations.

www.defensenews.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Could these ongoing cost overruns and delays coming from Boeing's vaunted large military aircraft manufacturing division be another potential nail in the coffin for the Lockheed/Boeing LRS-B proposal.

It's just a little fishy to me that news of these new additions to the Boeing tanker SNAFU have come within a week of Lockheed suggesting a new ISR UAV project to replace the U-2. It's like looking for the whale by reading the subtle ripples it leaves on the surface.

My gut tells me that something big has happened behind the scenes.
edit on 26-8-2015 by Barnalby because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Barnalby

It seemed like the writing was pretty much on the wall, but from the start the loser was always going to fight it tooth and nail. Are we just seeing the resulting scrambling to cover all bases / milk it?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Lockheed is the lead on their bomber entry. They're supplying most of it with Boeing building pieces of it.

The U-2 replacement has been offered several times over the last couple years. There is something behind the scenes, but not what you think.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Possible retirement of a classified asset with a similar role?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Oh no, you're on your own for this one. Heh.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

There are people that know on the boards if you can find them and get them to talk.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Pesky NDAs.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Boeing and the Air Force have so many damn problems with this tanker contract. It really bothers me. We would have tankers (boeing or airbus) flying right now. If not for problems Boeing and a government official started years ago during the first bid.

new topics

top topics

join