It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking believes he’s solved a huge mystery about black holes

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

sure we can observe the anomaly light years away, but to say we understand why, and how they exist, and what their purpose as it is a fact, is vanity!

As I said we have no damn idea what these anomalies are we can record their decay and assume what they are but NO ONE on this planet HAS ever seen a BLACK HOLE....

I think I have said enough about this crap..

Let us discover 100 percent of our planet and all it's species and work on curing these diseases killing our kids then we can reach for the stars....

edit on 8 25 2015 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Is a black hole a big bang of another universe? anyone?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
this statement could have a lot of truth to it...

For the event horizon is believed to alter space and time bringing it to a standstill...

So everything not observable beyond the event horizon remains visable in the event horizon if this is true...

what this could also mean is that a black hole is not black because light can't escape it, it could therefore also mean there's nothing at all in the blackness...

or everything existing inside a blackhole also exists in the event horizon at the same time in 2 different dimensions of space and time eluding to bridges between alternate realities... Or multiverse if you will...

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

That is one thing, but to go as far as saying that these objects are infinitely dense with infinite gravity without having an objective way to measure them is infinitely irresponsible.

Who said anything about infinite gravity or infinite density? I think the term would be more like "critical" mass. Critical mass would be a point where circumstances produce a dynamic change. For example, reaching the speed of light would alter reality as we know it.

Density, speed, temperature and time are the 4 walls of our universe/dimensional reality. Can't have one without the others. A black hole represents those walls; ultimate density, ultimate heat, light slowed down so as to distort time, as we know it. "Critical Mass"!

A black hole is a door to another universe/dimensional reality. In my humble opinion, of course.

edit on 25-8-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
A black hole is just as majestic as a star.. We spend more time trying to understand a black hole light years away, than trying to understand our sun/Stars...

Oh by the way, their is no scientist on the planet present or past, that can explain the sun...

Just so everyone knows...

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

you said a mouthful there I have always argued that the speed of light is not the fastest thing evident in the universe because the force at which gravity acts upon the surroundings of a black hole are greater than even light therefore the force of gravity would have to be faster than the speed of light itself...

That is if our current understanding of black holes is accurate...

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

you said a mouthful there I have always argued that the speed of light is not the fastest thing evident in the universe because the force at which gravity acts upon the surroundings of a black hole are greater than even light therefore the force of gravity would have to be faster than the speed of light itself...

I think that sometime....way in the distant future, (If humanity is able to stick around that long) our distant offspring will have conversations like "Light?? They thought THAT was the fastest speed in the universe?? Bwuahahahaha!!"
edit on 25-8-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Earth has an event horizon. Anything that gets too close to this planet depending on mass and velocity gets sucked in. The event horizon of a so-called black hole is simply much more exaggerated.

Like I said, there are objects in space that seem to absorb light, but thats a long way froms saying that they are gate ways to another realm.

Maybe you're right, but until we can test these theories, it simply isn't scientific.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

bro I dunno if we will ever be able to figure this stuff out...

I think maybe eventually.. Yet our own vices in our species altercate our study of the universe..

In order to understand the universe, you have to be the universe..

We are not even close I mean even close to that as a species...

Not a chance LOL

Anyhow I am off this thread I smell trolls coming....

I hope our kids do better then us as well..

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5StarOracle

Gravity doesn't have a "speed" per say. Its force is related to density. A black hole is so dense that its gravitation pull, and subsequent required "escape velocity", is greater than the speed of light, thus distorting time and space.

edit on 25-8-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I always get a laugh out of these threads about hawking. He may have been intelligent once and able to communicate, but the PTB's icon for science is now really nothing more than a meat puppet with a speak 'n spell that is more than likely controlled by other people. The best is hawking radiation lol. You have a black hole (which is a singularity), nothing can escape past the event horizon. An anti particle accelerates past the event horizon only to be annihilated inside the black hole. The energy released is equivalent to the mass energy of the two particles (antiparticle and particle), it can't escape the black hole.

So how is this bigass sucker going to evaporate again? And don't say through radiating particles that never enter past the event horizon, because anything outside the event horizon is NOT part of the black hole. Hawking radiation, pffft.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I thought this theory was what that other famous physicist came up with first. He started out as a plumber and had some type of arguement with Hawkins over this very issue until Hawkins finally conceded to its validity. . .

Can't remember his name, sorry.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:11 PM
link   

i would say the speed of light is constant everywhere...

I would not say the force of gravity is a constant...

I would say light travels outward while gravity travels inward...

Both have speeds...

Gravity can have altered speed inward travel based on mass which effects the speed of its inward traveling force...

Terminal velocity...

this is why to travel beyond light speed you would have to be pulling your destination towards you... 8)

edit on 25-8-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Add

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Question!

"What does God want with a Starship?" (sorry, always wanted opportunity to quote Shatner)

Actually, what is" Hawkings Radiation" ? Who granted this nomenclature, and why?

I thought blackholes never fell in on themselves as the only thing to escape them is gravity?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 5StarOracle

The speed of light isn't a constant, as evidenced in black holes. Light is influenced by gravity. Gravity is also, not a constant, as it depends on density and speed. But gravity itself has no speed. It isn't a particle, its a force that particles react to.

I would say light travels outward while gravity travels inward...

Consider centripetal force. When there is circular motion there is a centripetal force. When the Earth is orbiting the Sun, the centripetal force is provided by the Sun's gravity. Gravity is related to the centripetal speed.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

I argue the existence of God enough here...

Hawkins radiation is of course Stephens own theory...

which basically portends a black hole needs to be eating mass to continue to grow or maintain its force ...

when it does not eat enough...

it can no longer contain some of the particle it once did with greater mass, so they escape...

this further eludes to the eventual total dissipation of said black hole...

Atleast thats how I understand it...

edit on 25-8-2015 by 5StarOracle because: Space

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Why is Stephen Hawking such an a##hole?
I'm going to illegally park in a handicap spot just as an act of defiance.
I don't like it when I have to think so hard it puts stretch marks on my brain.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Stars go kaput now? Is that chickensoup I smell?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
I really think he is a nutjob, he should volunteer to go first then.

Stephen Hawking is explaining a theory that he initially suggested some years ago. He has spent the time examining and filling out the technical aspects to the theory.

No one is going into a black hole. There is no suggestion of that. They are all far to distant from us.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: kenzohattori69
Stars go kaput now? Is that chickensoup I smell?

Yes, all stars have a cycle from stellar birth to depletion of fuel to collapse/nova to eventual death.

Depending on the type and mass of the star, its fate can be slightly different but all stages are fairly well understood, including collapse into a black hole.

Stellar Evolution - Wikipedia

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join