It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stand your ground laws help people with a violent history

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I have a pack of three dogs that WILL stand their ground. If somebody breaks into my property they will probably wish they had just been shot. Should I have to chain them up with muzzles on, so as to let Mr. Criminal do what he wants with my belongings?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes
The objects in your home are not worth more than anyone's life, not even a burglar's.

...then why would any burglar value their life so low as to try to take them?

and yet they still do and this law has made no change in that.......

EXCEPT it sure as hell puts a dent in the repeat offender rates!

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

It's nothing personal, but it an American thing which you won't ever understand

True enough it is, even some Americans will never get it.

Society long since made LAWS that says X can't shoot Y. They conveniently IGNORE that fact, and demonize a thing.

Because for some odd reason they think they can legislate human behavior.

Murder is ILLEGAL. That doesn't stop it.

So they create more laws for THINGS, and have for over 80 years. That still hasn't stopped it.

And they keep up their exercise in futility. Then play politics with it, and we all know what a farce American politics is.

As long as the mob gets outraged about something, ANYTHING our politicians as Voltaire put it:

Those who can make you believe in absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

Depends on how good the burglars lawyer is or how sympathetic the judge is..BLM and all.
edit on 28-8-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: AshOnMyTomatoes
The objects in your home are not worth more than anyone's life, not even a burglar's.

...then why would any burglar value their life so low as to try to take them?

and yet they still do and this law has made no change in that.......

STanding your ground in your own house is also under the castle doctrine and therefore it is entirely legal and allowable to shoot a intruder because you do not know their intentions. In other words they break in they deserve whatever th e homeowner deems necessary within reason.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

That is a great point. When I was a teenager I worked at Jiffy Lube as a lower bay tech. There was a narrow walkway on both sides of the shop that was open with no floor. They pull cars in and I pop up to do the oil change. They had these safety nets that had to be attached to the oil sumps everynight. Reason being, a burglar broke into a shop one night, fell through the opening and broke his back. The damn burglar sued the shop and won. Unbelievable!

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Hey Aloysius the Gaul, should I muzzle my dogs and throw them in a pen so a lowlife criminal doesn't get attacked? Or do my dogs have more Stand Your Ground rights than me as their law-abiding owner?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join