It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I just see that? Wendy's subliminal advertising.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
This isn't new but it may have been missed by most. I am kinda watching TV. It's on in the background and I looked up and thought, "Did I just see what I thought I saw?" It looked like the Wendy's logo say "Mom"? Check the necklace:

Apparently I'm not the only one:

www.theblaze.com...

Why?

“When growing up our brains learn to love what’s on the menu at home,” Stocklogos.com notes. “Most of us also associate home cooked meals with a safe and loving environment. Most people have a sentimental attachment to at least a few of the dishes their Mother’s used to make. I have fond memories of a rice pudding with sour cherry [sauce] my Mom used to make.

“It should not be a surprise to see the fast food restaurant, Wendy’s associating their refreshed brand with Mom’s cooking.”

The restaurant, however, is saying that any message was unintentional.

Makes perfect sense. Something I wish I'd thought of. "Unintentional"? Unlikely. Cool? A bit.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I wish I could provide the link, but I definitely saw a Yourube video with this in it just last week. I just can't remember the name of the video.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I enjoyed my visit to Wendy's last time I was in the U.S.A.

Square burgers, how novel!! Tasted good though.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Of course it was "unintentional".

Subliminal messaging in advertising is illegal now, right?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I'm quite fond of Wendy's Texas chili.....just like my mom used to make!

"See you tomorrow!" I always thought that quote by the drive up window kids was a clever thing. They don't say it anymore...but I do.
edit on 25-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Yeah, I saw someone put this together on Reddit over a year ago...must have finally caught someone's eye looking to do a story. I can't NOT see it now. It's like the FedEx logo. Have you ever noticed the arrow?

It's the same kind of thing!

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   

This is like 2 years old, when they changed their logo -- www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShortStuff

This is like 2 years old, when they changed their logo -- www.huffingtonpost.com...

originally posted by: intrepid
This isn't new but it may have been missed by most.

Thanks for the news bulletin. Any other input?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
At least it's not like the new KFC commercials.

That colonel sanders impersonator makes me never want to eat there again. Not like I did anyways.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Dude, I manage a Wendy's.

No no subliminal here, the place only has Christian undertones too it.

Dave Thomas was a very spiritual guy, and the business is founded on his principles.

It's not well hidden however, and I get inspected on it monthly....a score included.

You want a clear conspiracy with Wendy's. If your one or not the franchise moves in that direction....regardless.

I did laughter though.....and baconator' mmmmmm.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I've noticed the "MOM," but when she stands on her head, i's totally "WOW."

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ShortStuff

This isn't new but it may have been missed by most.

Thanks for the news bulletin. Any other input?

I have further input:

Did you know this is like two years old? But it may have escaped a lot of people so it's okay in my book.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I want to marry her hair.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Treespeaker

No no subliminal here, the place only has Christian undertones too it.

Dave Thomas was a very spiritual guy, and the business is founded on his principles.

It's not well hidden however, and I get inspected on it monthly....a score included.

You get inspected on Christian principles monthly? How does that work?

I used to like Wendy's, one of the few franchises I patronized...now I'm reconsidering....

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   
as much as I dislike Christianity, blind greed is probably actually worse.

I eat at Wendys over any other choice in the area- but the other choices are basically burger king (nothing worth eating) and mcdonalds- the clear greed-above-all winner.

Of course, wendys is also the most conveniently located for my purposes, which makes a big difference in choosing which evil corporation to support...
Would be curious to read more on how you're inspected for christian values. Much like that chick-fil-a place, eh?

Glad I skipped the fast food on my way home this evening. I can eat greasy terrible food at home for... wait, about the same money and a lot more work, plus I have to store it...
What?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
It's just a modernized version of their original logo, which itself was a caricature of Dave Thomas' daughter. There's nothing subliminal about it.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

I disagree. It's a known fact that fast food chains use certain colours and subliminal images to entice you into their restaurants.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Being held to standards, as well being held accountable to what you say and do are good things.

What values would you prefer to be used as example to how to "just do the right thing".....or "just be nice"?

The reason behind everything is not what you think.....but be slow to judge without full understanding.

I personally took this at half my regular pay, simply because I love to work with people and positively impact there lives.....not so bad I think....but whatever floats the boat down stream.

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Yeah, I saw someone put this together on Reddit over a year ago...must have finally caught someone's eye looking to do a story. I can't NOT see it now. It's like the FedEx logo. Have you ever noticed the arrow?

It's the same kind of thing!

Actually, I see Guy Fawkes watching Willy Mays catch a fly ball while an armored assault vehicle rolls past.

I don't know how you can not see that really.

xkcd.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

I know, right?

I do not like those commercials at all. Maybe I'm just old.

As for the Wendy's ad? Never noticed it before, but it does, sort of, look like mom. Sort of... ...and my mom was a red head, too...now that I think on it. No wonder I love Wendy's. Too bad the one here closed.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join