It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Planned Parenthood Video: Baby Parts Buyer Jokes About Shipping Severed Heads

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

We knew this was coming. Considering the "atrocities" we have seen in the video so far, I wonder why PP has not been investigated and shut down.

Could it be that there is no wrongdoing here?

Some thing can be legal and be sickening and disgusting.

Something can be determined to not be prosecutable
and still be immoral and unethical.

Legal and not being prosecutable
is not the same as acceptable.

Someone on another thread on this subject
said that it is perfectly ok for
researchers to joke around
over a brain dead adult's body while removing
the organs and to play a gag
on another researcher with the organ donors
body parts.
They found that perfectly fine, acceptable and decent behavior.

How would you feel knowing that
society in general feels it is ok
for a researcher to joke and gag
with a deceased adult's organs
and to laugh at or about their body
with colleagues over a meal in public?

That is legal, yes,
can one be prosecuted for it, no.
Does that make it moral or ethical?

If one finds this ethical and moral
and they have no problem donating
their body for an organ donation
and having the doctors laughing
at your body, and laughing over
your body and making jokes about
your body. Then you have a different
set of ethics than I do.

If it is not ok to do over an
adult organ donor's body then
why should it be acceptable over the
16+ week old fully formed human
body of a fetus?

Legal does not equal moral or ethical

edit on 4Tue, 25 Aug 2015 16:46:40 -0500pm82508pmk252 by grandmakdw because: addition format

link   
In other news:

Planned Parenthood Sues Louisiana Over Cut to Medicaid Funds

Federal officials have warned states that blocking Medicaid funds to Planned Parenthood could violate the law. Federal courts have overturned previous attempts in Arizona and Indiana to disqualify Planned Parenthood from receiving Medicaid reimbursements.

Despite the federal warning, Jindal spokesman Mike Reed called the lawsuit "without merit."

"The state will aggressively defend our right to cancel the contract," he said in a written statement Tuesday. "The Medicaid provider contract between the Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals and Planned Parenthood gives either party the right to cancel the contract at will with a 30-day notice. Gov. Jindal and DHH chose to exercise that right.

" www.nytimes.com...

link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Crimes against Humanity, IMO.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: kellyjay

We knew this was coming. Considering the "atrocities" we have seen in the video so far, I wonder why PP has not been investigated and shut down.

PP IS being investigated and its ongoing....

And other than a few minor infractions, what has been found?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Meanwhile....

Growing List Of Planned Parenthood Investigations Hyped By Conservative Media Clears Organization Of Any Wrongdoing

Center For Medical Progress Released Seven Deceptively Edited Videos Attacking Planned Parenthood, Despite Showing Nothing Illegal. As of August 19, the Center for Medical Progress (CMP) had released seven deceptively edited videos purporting to show Planned Parenthood officials "haggling over" prices for fetal tissue donations, offering to change procedure techniques "to get more intact fetuses," and selling donations without consent. None of the videos include any evidence of illegal activity on Planned Parenthood's behalf, and each of them have been found to be deceptively edited in order to leave out crucial context.

U.S. Dept. Of Health And Human Services: There Are "No Known Violations Of The Country's Fetal Tissue Laws." In response to an inquiry by Republican Sens. Joni Ernst (Iowa) and Roy Blunt (MO), the Department of Health and Human Services told Congress that they "know of no violation of [tissue] laws in connection with the research done at our agencies":

Massachusetts: Investigation Reveals Planned Parenthood Is "Fully Compliant With State And Federal Laws." Massachusetts Attorney General Maura Healey announced on July 29 that her office has found "no evidence" of wrongdoing by Planned Parenthood after an investigation was concluded:

Indiana: Planned Parenthood Cleared Of Any Wrongdoing In The Handling Of Fetal Tissue. On July 30, the Indiana Department of Health cleared Planned Parenthood clinics in the state of any wrongdoing after they were "unable to find any non-compliance with state regulation"

South Dakota: No "Evidence Of Illegal Activity" In South Dakota At Planned Parenthood Clinic. South Dakota Attorney General Marty Jackley determined that there was "no evidence of illegal activity" at the one Planned Parenthood clinic in the state

Georgia: Department Of Public Health Finds Planned Parenthood "Complied With The Law." After a review into the state's abortion providers, the Georgia Department of Public Health "concluded an investigation" and found that Planned Parenthood and other clinics "are all complying with the law"

Pennsylvania: "No Evidence" Of Wrongdoing By "Any Planned Parenthood" In Pennsylvania. As The Hill noted, Pennsylvania became the fifth state to find no wrongdoing by Planned Parenthood. Pennsylvania Secretary of Health Karen Murphy noted that the Pennsylvania state health department "has never found a violation of the Abortion Control Act provisions regarding the procurement or use of fetal tissue"

edit on 25-8-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

What is going on is no different then what happens if you decide you want your body to go to research after you die.

If y'all have an issue with the abortion part fine, but PP prevents more then it carries out.
So it seems rather hypocritical to take the stance to get rid of it.

edit on thTue, 25 Aug 2015 17:00:53 -0500America/Chicago820155380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

edit on thTue, 25 Aug 2015 17:03:17 -0500America/Chicago820151780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
Some thing can be legal and be sickening and disgusting.

Exactly. Like embalming, war, abortion, surgery, the death penalty.

Legal and not being prosecutable is not the same as acceptable.

"Acceptable" is subjective. You will accept some things I don't and vice versa. That's individuality. Should we all be the SAME?

How would you feel knowing that society in general feels it is ok for a researcher to joke and gag with a deceased adult's organs and to laugh at or about their body with colleagues over a meal in public?

Having a sick sense of humor is something MANY people share. So, you don't like it. That's YOUR choice. But people are free to have the sense of humor they have. Why do you hate freedom?

If one finds this ethical and moral and they have no problem donating their body for an organ donation and having the doctors laughing at your body, and laughing over your body and making jokes about your body. Then you have a different set of ethics than I do.

I wouldn't care! I'm DEAD and gone from that body!! And I don't have a problem having a different set of ethics from yours. What's wrong with that? What's wrong with people being different from you?

Legal does not equal moral or ethical

This is true. So, do you support legislating morals?
edit on 8/25/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

But people are free to have the sense of humor they have. Why do you hate freedom?

Gosh how often do we hear that when someone is blasting away about racial things or killing people for what ever reason and it is the PC police that comes and ruins the fun.

So much irony I can taste it.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I'm in a bit of a rock and a hard place here, I understand that what BH said has many truisms, but also I think it is pretty disgusting to listen to mutualities about profits being discussed over a bowl of Spaghetti.
All I can say is in the way I see it, if governments makes laws that allows these things to occur, then it's the governments responsibility to oversee and manage all of it, from start to end in the true ethics of research, that's the way it should be, especially in such a sensitive issue such as this....government at the helm, not a bunch of paaaasta profiteers. That way, the taxpayer pays for the research, and if the taxpayer doesn't like it, they can let the government know. No one should profit in this way.
edit on 25-8-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

And other than a few minor infractions, what has been found?

what part of ongoing is it that went over your head?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
I think it is pretty disgusting to listen to mutualities about profits being discussed over a bowl of Spaghetti.

If you were a surgeon, mortician, or any number of professions, you would see and hear some things that would twist your brain, for sure. When it comes right down to it, people are going to say things we don't like to hear. Remember, these people were being LED to say what they did. In BOTH cases, the "jokes" were told by the actors pretending to be customers. (Yes, I watched this video after all)

All I can say is in the way I see it, if governments makes laws that allows these things to occur, then it's the governments responsibility to oversee and manage all of it, from start to end in the true ethics of research, that's the way it should be, especially in such a sensitive issue such as this....government at the helm

That's how it is. The government has made the laws and so far, Planned Parenthood has been found to be following the law.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: grandmakdw
Don't play into the same old people's hands by replying to them. It's useless, they probably had abortions or paid for their "baby mama" to have an abortion and by rejoicing in the behavior of PP they are making themselves feel better and moral.

A lot of incorrect assumptions there?

And all because others have a different view point to you.

That doesn't make you any more right than them.

So from now on I suggest for your own sanity, that you totally ignore the same old apologists that show up on every thread. Let them say the same old things over and over and get it off their chests.

Will that be including yourself?? ... LOL!!

Look at all the stars and flags, you know that most of the people see the immorality of what has been exposed. It may be legal, it may be something that the same old people find perfectly acceptable. But know that the majority find it as immoral and sickening as you do.

So the majority are against abortion?? can you qualify that?

We just have different ideas of morality and ethics.

Very true so why don't you live and let live, and stop trying to

force your personal views and morals on to others

Let them be, the same old people with the same old lines.
You know that they will never, ever, ever admit that what PP
is doing is ugly, sickening and disrespectful to human lives.

Again I ask ... does that include you

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Good, gall-dern free-loading good-for-nothing fetuses finally earning their keep.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

What is going on is no different then what happens if you decide you want your body to go to research after you die.

If y'all have an issue with the abortion part fine, but PP prevents more then it carries out.
So it seems rather hypocritical to take the stance to get rid of it.

Yeah sure but that wasn't my point.

It's the hypocrisy of arguing the law is stupid in drug topics, but it seems fine to cite the law here.

Consistency is my point.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm sorry, but I seem to have missed the illegal part.

I notice y'all don't like the law and want it changed when you feel it violates your rights some how

Bit hypocritical to be spouting off about the law

No one's rights are being violated.

Law doesn't = right

What law do you want to change?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm sorry, but I seem to have missed the illegal part.

the illegal part is when the woman from stem express is talking about the clinics making a PROFIT.....P R O F I T

Didn't hear anything about illegal profits. But I do keep hearing ignorant opinions of people who think they know what the law is, or should be.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
Remember, these people were being LED to say what they did. In BOTH cases, the "jokes" were told by the actors pretending to be customers. (Yes, I watched this video after all)

When it becomes necessary to employ *actors* to make genuine videos ...

It reeks of deception, and a set up.

Wonder who wrote the scripts ... possibly a comedian??

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I think it is pretty disgusting to listen to mutualities about profits being discussed over a bowl of Spaghetti.

If you were a surgeon, mortician, or any number of professions, you would see and hear some things that would twist your brain, for sure. When it comes right down to it, people are going to say things we don't like to hear. Remember, these people were being LED to say what they did. In BOTH cases, the "jokes" were told by the actors pretending to be customers. (Yes, I watched this video after all)

Of course they were leading questions, and like I said you spoke many truisms meaning I understood already.
My objection is where laws are made in a mostly perfunctory way, and where people can actually profit from it in a monetary way, indeed as IS seen a potential tripartite money machine. There is no way I would allow a creation of mine to be the subject of a dime for you, a dollar for him, and a couple more for the dirtbirds who do the packaging.
No fecking way.

edit on 25-8-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   

My objection is where laws are made in a mostly perfunctory way, and where people can actually profit from it a monetary way, indeed as IS seen a potential tripartite money machine. There is no way I would allow a creation of mine to be the subject of a dime for you, a dollar for him, and a couple more for the dirtbirds who do the packaging.
No fecking way.

There's NO indication that people are profiting financially from tissue donation. That's against the law. The pittance paid "for the tissue" goes to storage, transportation, paperwork, etc. You can't just pop fetal tissue into an envelope and ship it across the US. There is VERY specialized storage and shipment to preserve and keep the tissue bacteria-free. And it's NOT cheap!

The laws are very specific. It's just that many here have NO CLUE what the laws are, or think they should be changed to prevent insults to their sensibilities.

Organ Donation Law

A written donation must be signed by the donor and witnessed by at least two other people.
The recipient cannot pay for the donated organ but must pay for the cost of transportation and transplant. Organs and tissue can only be received by hospitals, surgeons, physicians, educational institutions involved in medical or dental research, a storage facility for these institutions, or any specified individual who needs the organ personally for therapy or transplantation.

SOMEONE has to pay for forms, transportation, storage, etc. Everything costs money.

I'm outta here for the evening.
edit on 8/25/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

Their money jealousy has no limits.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join