It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Planned Parenthood Video: Baby Parts Buyer Jokes About Shipping Severed Heads

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I am confused. Why is this thread now about the pros and cons of abortion?

It's supposed to be a discussion of a video that shows anti-abortionists making jokes about shipping severed heads.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Aborted fetuses are NOT being used as ingredients in any food products.

Pepsi WAS using it.

By Victor Morton - The Washington Times - Monday, April 30, 2012 A pro-life group called off its yearlong boycott of Pepsi products Monday after the soft-drink giant provided assurances it would no longer use an aborted fetal-cell line to develop flavor enhancers.

Source: Pro-lifers drop boycott after Pepsi disavows use of aborted fetal-cells

Now here is a question I have. Where were they getting these cells?
edit on th2015000000Thursdayth000000Thu, 27 Aug 2015 11:29:32 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoThu, 27 Aug 2015 11:29:32 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ComplexCassandra

That's what the whole agenda is behind these videos. It isn't really about whether PP broke any laws. It isn't really about the morality and ethics of fetal tissue donation. It's all about showing the ickiness of abortions in an attempt to sway the general public to be against abortions. The idea is, if you can get the majority of the public to be against abortions, then you can get enough representatives in congress to repeal Roe v Wade and ban abortions. It's not gonna work, but that is the goal. Defunding PP is just the first step of the eventual goal.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Exactly. This is why pro-lifers ignore the blatant lies and exaggerations in those videos. The ends justify the means to them. It's not actually about the laws having been broken. It's all about trying to make the viewer as emotional as possible so that higher level logical reasoning starts to break down and the viewer starts knee jerk reacting to it instead of thinking carefully about it.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

They weren't using fetal stem cells as flavoring, or even as an ingredient!

It's important to note here that — whatever one might think of fetal stem cell research in general, and regardless of whether or not Senomyx uses HEK 293-derived cells in its development efforts — neither Pepsi nor any other U.S. food company is actually manufacturing or selling any consumable products "that are actually made using the cell tissue of unborn babies that were murdered through abortion." What we're talking about here is a cell line derived from a single (healthy, aborted) fetus over forty years ago: claiming that current food products employing flavorings derived from research based on the HEK 293 cell line "are actually made using the cell tissue of unborn babies" is like saying that possessing a digitized image of a photocopy of a picture of a Beethoven manuscript is the same as "owning a document in Beethoven's own handwriting" — the original is not present in substance, only in a multi-generational, representational form. CBS News noted such in a mid-2011 report on the Senomyx controversy (which for some reason primarily focused on PepsiCo):
[Senomyx] appears to be engineering HEK cells to function like the taste-receptor cells we have in our mouth. This way, Senomyx can test millions of substances to see if they work as different types of taste enhancers without subjecting human volunteers to endless taste tests.

Read more at www.snopes.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ComplexCassandra
I am confused. Why is this thread now about the pros and cons of abortion?

EVERY "Planned Parenthood Video" thread is about the evils of abortion. They ALL turn into that because the single purpose of CMP, these videos and anti-freedom activists is to remove the woman's right to her own body.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Human Embryonic Kidney 293 cells, commonly known as HEK 293, are a specific cell line which, as the name denotes, were derived from the kidney cells of an aborted human embryo in 1972. This cell line is widely used in efforts such as cell biology research and biotechnology/pharmaceutical development.
Read more at www.snopes.com...

so, through one human embryo from 1972, they are still getting cells for use...

Two main human cell strains have been used to develop currently available vaccines, in each case with the original fetal cells in question obtained in the 1960s. The WI-38 cell strain was developed in 1961 in the United States, and the MRC-5 cell strain (also started with fetal lung cells) was developed in 1965 in the United Kingdom. No new or additional fetal cells are required in order to sustain the two cell strains. The vaccines below were developed using either the WI-38 or the MRC-5 cell strains.
Hepatitis A vaccines [VAQTA/Merck, Havrix/GlaxoSmithKline, and part of Twinrix/GlaxoSmithKline]
Rubella vaccine [MERUVAX II/Merck, part of MMR II/Merck, and ProQuad/Merck]
Varicella (chickenpox) vaccine [Varivax/Merck, and part of ProQuad/Merck]
Zoster (shingles) vaccine [Zostavax/Merck]
Adenovirus Type 4 and Type 7 oral vaccine [Barr Labs] *
Rabies vaccine [IMOVAX/Sanofi Pasteur] *

www.historyofvaccines.org...

1960....and still serving!!!

ya I'm sorry, but it seems to me that donating fetal tissue is the gift that keeps on giving...

year after year, decade after decade....
and who in their right mind would refuse the rabies vaccine after being bit by a rabid animal because well, it came from fetal tissue....

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Those fetal cells sure knew if Pepsi was good or bad didn't they.

"Great Taste...Less Filling!"

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Undercover Planned Parenthood Videos Were Altered, Analysis Finds

Planned Parenthood on Thursday gave congressional leaders and a committee that is investigating allegations of criminality at its clinics an analysis it commissioned concluding that “manipulation” of undercover videos by abortion opponents make those recordings unreliable for any official inquiry.

“A thorough review of these videos in consultation with qualified experts found that they do not present a complete or accurate record of the events they purport to depict,” said the analysis of a private research company.

www.nytimes.com...

who'd have thought!!!

and in case you are wondering who did the analysis:

The analysis was by Fusion GPS, a Washington-based research and corporate intelligence company, and its co-founder Glenn Simpson, a former investigative reporter for The Wall Street Journal. (same source as above)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

"Great taste, less filling", belongs to Miller Lite. You're looking for, " the choice of a new generation".

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Just wanted to place this new information here:

Forensic Video Company Finds Planned Parenthood "Full-Length" Video and Transcripts Altered

There were cuts and splices in the long version of the videos and the transcripts were drastically altered. More evidence of foul play on the part of the Center for Medical Progress.

edit on 8/27/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

We already know this as it's obvious enough. Even these CMP supporters know this but they'll support these lies to push their agenda. All of these threads should be immediately placed in the HOAX Bin or LOL forum.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

We already know this as it's obvious enough. Even these CMP supporters know this but they'll support these lies to push their agenda. All of these threads should be immediately placed in the HOAX Bin or LOL forum.

To be fair, both sides lie, exaggerate and mislead to push their agenda. Just like the avowed PP supporters who will scream "war on women" and claim that anyone against abortion wants to put all women in shackles chained to the stove.

That being said, I remain pro - choice no matter how distasteful, despicable and disgusting I find the content of these videos to be. And it makes me sick to have to be forced to say that.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462
To be fair, both sides lie, exaggerate and mislead to push their agenda.

Who are the "both sides"? Are you saying Planned Parenthood is lying about something?

Just like the avowed PP supporters who will scream "war on women" and claim that anyone against abortion wants to put all women in shackles chained to the stove.

I have NEVER seen the claim that anti-abortionists want women to be chained to the stove. That's pretty extreme. But I have seen the claim AND made the claim that anti-abortionists want to remove the woman's right to her own body. And that's true. No stoves or shackles involved.

That being said, I remain pro - choice no matter how distasteful, despicable and disgusting I find the content of these videos to be. And it makes me sick to have to be forced to say that.

Why does it make you sick to be pro-choice? And who is forcing you?

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

War on women? In all these threads I haven't seen any cry its a war on women. As far as lying, PP hasn't lied, CMP has. In fact, their name is a complete lie. They're not in the medical business and they're not for any progress. Their videos have been edited to show what agenda they wanna push. Even their so called "unedited" videos are edited.

go.nationalpartnership.org...

Cummings noted that CMP's "disturbing actions raise questions about whether [CMP] has broken federal or state laws and whether some members of Congress may have been aware of these potentially illegal activities before they were made public earlier this year." The letter also states that CMP appears to have created a fake company to film the videos and that CMP employees falsely posed as sales representatives. Further, the letter notes that while CMP has been asking for charitable donations since 2013 as a biomedicine and bioengineering not-for-profit, it currently holds itself out as an organization of citizen journalists.

According to the Journal, Cummings' letter represents the latest action in a "growing offensive from state and congressional [lawmakers] in their support of Planned Parenthood." CMP is also under investigation for potential violations of the law in Texas and in California. In addition, some members of Congress have asked the Department of Justice to investigate whether CMP violated laws, such as recording without consent (Wall Street Journal, 8/20). Meanwhile, states that have completed investigations into Planned Parenthood have not found any wrongdoing (The Hill, 8/20).

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Oh this just won't go away.

These infantile threads that indulge superfluous reactions to benign medical business interactions?

Oh dear, this woman is discussing her practice with someone who she thinks is a potential B2B client. She even creates small-talk surrounding the issue and outlines some of her daily struggles in her industry and miscommunication between her and her clients and business partners.

Good god, did she just say something mildly humorous?

Satan.

Surely this should be moved to a board that discusses possible antichrist conspiracy theories so that people who are too thick to understand that you shouldn't let organic matter that would otherwise decompose and do nothing more than smell awful -- tissues with scientific benefits and room for a real gain in understanding how we as humans and the world in general operate -- rot in a storage room.

The horror of these people who don't waste potential for scientific progress.

Or is the political right suddenly upset about people making money off of something that some people find rather distasteful or even........ OFFENSIVE?

The word is out, everyone. Planned parenthood makes a profit off of something. The end is near.

edit on 29-8-2015 by DeadFoot because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 03:58 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

If one finds this ethical and moral
and they have no problem donating
their body for an organ donation
and having the doctors laughing
at your body, and laughing over
your body and making jokes about
your body. Then you have a different
set of ethics than I do.

This is important and has the potential to make a big difference in the amount of people considering donation of their bodies to science.

I was seriously considering donating my body to science [as I have numerous illness' and thought maybe I could help in some type of research-?] But my eldest son can't stand the idea that my body could be disrespected. For years I had my mind made up, but I do have to consider my sons' thoughts, after all, he'll be the one alive and left to deal with his thoughts.. I'd be dead and have nothing to worry about. So for his sake I've changed my mind.

Science and research has a lot to lose when people are being taped [edited or not] disrespecting the dead.

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: RobinB022

I was seriously considering donating my body to science [as I have numerous illness' and thought maybe I could help in some type of research-?] But my eldest son can't stand the idea that my body could be disrespected. For years I had my mind made up, but I do have to consider my sons' thoughts, after all, he'll be the one alive and left to deal with his thoughts.. I'd be dead and have nothing to worry about. So for his sake I've changed my mind.

Science and research has a lot to lose when people are being taped [edited or not] disrespecting the dead.

With all your numerous conditions and illness's ... I don't suppose if you were

taken into theatre for an operation which would save your life and did

save your life, and that the surgeons had been listening to music, laughing and

joking through out the operation you would give a ##.

Why so sensitive? ... They in all probability are joking around you and not

AT YOU!!!

Laughter is a great stress reliever in a stressful situation

I have had a few dealings with Doctors in 'life and death' situations and have

always found them to be both sensitive and respectful. They have to convey

confidence to the patient after all...

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeadFoot
These infantile threads that indulge superfluous reactions to benign medical business interactions?

Surely this should be moved to a board that discusses possible antichrist conspiracy theories

The horror of these people who don't waste potential for scientific progress.

Or is the political right suddenly upset about people making money off of something that some people find

rather distasteful or even........ OFFENSIVE?

Or the religious anti abortion bigots?

As I said in an earlier post (with links to source) 73% of all women

who have abortions are religiously affiliated !!

Silent hypocrisy

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join