It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama will leave the Democratic Party in its worst shape since the 1920s

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I don't believe it matter what sort of shape Obama leaves the party in, we are still witnessing a general movement Left in the US.

I agree. Fewer people want or desire individuality, fewer people want to take personal accountability for their actions and more appear to have embraced an entitlement mentality.
There is greater division.

There is a cry for wealth redistribution. Success is being demonized. Instead of admiring or aspiring to become wealthy and successful, people want to punish wealth.

We are turning away from work ethics, individuality, personal responsibility.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Look at you guys having the arguments of the 30s while claiming it's the 20s. Class warfare, one of many timeless classics . There will be no era of good feelings here.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
This is what I hate about main stream media.

So, he hadn't hurt the Democratic party at all.

The Democratic Senators and Congress men and women that really have done basically nothing in the past 3 years have hurt the Democratic party. People like Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid, to name two...

Democratic presidential candidates are standing on their own merits this election cycle. If you like Bernie Sanders, it ain't cause Obama endorsed him. If you don't like Clinton it really has nothing to do with Obama.

It's not the president that hurts the respective parties, as talk radio would have you believe, it's the corporations behind them and the stupid things they do that the American people are sick of.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I agree. Fewer people want or desire individuality, fewer people want to take personal accountability for their actions and more appear to have embraced an entitlement mentality.

True, but just like the poor the wealthy also don't take personal accountability and have a sense of entitlement as well. However, the difference is that they can afford the luxury to not be held accountable as they hold their entitlement mentality.

I have yet seen the majority of politicians and CEO take personal accountability, on the other hand I see them embrace an entitlement mentality quite often.

There is a cry for wealth redistribution. Success is being demonized. Instead of admiring or aspiring to become wealthy and successful, people want to punish wealth.

Agreed their is a cry for wealth redistribution , but the super wealthy have also done an excellent job at demonized wealth. CEO of companies getting 50 Million dollar bonuses while cutting benefits for majority of employees , all the while the company continues towards bankruptcy. Companies taking calculated financial risk to put the consumer at risk knowing that they will make far more money than they will be liable for in lawsuits.

All I'm saying is that, there is plenty of irresponsibility and demonizing on both sides from what I have observed and wealth does not necessary equate to self accountability.
edit on 06831America/ChicagoTue, 25 Aug 2015 18:06:08 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
The out going party almost always leaves with a change in the national pendulum. In this case however Obama is going to hand the White House over to another democrat, the Senate is polling to return to the DNC and the GOP is going loose ground in the House. Whatever bad shape the DNC may be in the GOP is even worse shape. Such bad shape in fact that is going to be fighting to keep power in the House. Instead of taking the White House. Local and state level politics rarely reflect the parties at the national level. The way things are going. unless the GOP rights it ship it will be nothing more than a local party losing relevance at the national level.

Meanwhile the Democratic party only has rich, old, and white people running for President.

While the Republicans have the fresh faces, black, 2 hispanic, one from India, and quite a few non-multi millionaires.

Which party is running the most relevant candidates?
Which party is running with young vibrant and racial diverse candidates.

Which party is really out of touch with a US that will soon
see white people as a minority and already white children are a
minority in the US? Which party is clinging to rich old, white
people with old outdated ideas?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I don't believe it matter what sort of shape Obama leaves the party in, we are still witnessing a general movement Left in the US.

There is greater division.

We are turning away from work ethics, individuality, personal responsibility.

Perhaps if the republicans and the Right actually stood for those things they may gain support.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
Ok... Here is a crazy thought...

Since we have switched between the two parties off and on for decades... And look where we are at....

So my crazy idea... STOP VOTING FOR THOSE TWO PARTIES, people whine and complain but every election the majority still punch the ticket of an R or a D...

There are options... 7 million votes in a presidential election makes them an offical party that gets federal dollars going forward.

Since the best chance for winning is with the Rep or Dem, I say go with the non-politicians that the establishment hates with an extreme passion, one that the media hates with a passion, one that all politicians are trying to crush. Outsiders with a fresh perspective who know how to run things and get things done and are not beholden to lobbyists or any previous political deals.

My first choice is a non politician, a woman with real experience in real life who hasn't been tainted with the need to lie continually in order to gain office, a woman who hasn't ridden the coattails of a man all her life. A young vibrant political outsider that the Republican establishment despises. Fiorina.

My second choice right now is also a non-politician, a man with real experience in life who hasn't had to lie to everyone about everything all his life to gain power. A person who the Republican establishment wants to disenfranchise if at all possible. Trump.

My realistic choice? A Rubio/Carson ticket or Rubio/Fiorina ticket.

Definitely not Bush, I am firmly against a dynastic Presidency.

As for the Democrats,
who have they chosen to represent them?
they are a bunch of old people
with old ideas
who pander to the rich in order to enrich themselves
and is made up of mostly millionaires and billionaires
and are all white
with not a minority in sight
and so to me look very racist.

edit on 6Tue, 25 Aug 2015 18:17:17 -0500pm82508pmk252 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Perhaps if the republicans and the Right actually stood for those things they may gain support.

All politicians are, is an ugly reflection of the people they represent.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Very true ,but here is the the kicker: Politicians aren't representing the people they are representing the Corporations that have unrealistic goals for infinite financial growth. That is why the grey areas keep moving further away.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

Very true ,but here is the the kicker: Politicians aren't representing the people they are representing the Corporations that have unrealistic goals for infinite financial growth. That is why the grey areas keep moving further away.

But people still vote for them.

I guess all people do now is vote for the best liar and the best liar wins!

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Possible. I assume that people are locked in to love him or hate him to this point. If the economy takes a serious dive then maybe. For all the other talk people tend to vote with their pocket books.

As far as sheer numbers maybe a good point. That could see some reversals as well depending on what happens between now and then.

Regardless, the other party is the problem no matter who you support. I promise if you just get more democrats or more republicans in office things will improve. No really, this time it will.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

I guess all people do now is vote for the best liar and the best liar wins!

Heck I think that could even be over optimistic.

I think people vote because politics has become like a sporting event and once they pick their team they are willing to overlook even the worst liars and cheaters.

I have a friend that loves the patriots and despite how much they cheat he overlooks it , funny enough that is also how he acts with the Republican party. He exposes all the other cheaters from the other teams and the corrupted Democrat party, but he never discusses or focuses on the issues within his own party.

What I have seen in politics is the impossible:
1. People believe the used car salesman when their party candidates tells them what they want to hear.

2. People believe that ideals overcome money in DC . Despite the billions spent by corporations on lobbying surely there party wouldn't comprise their ideals for money?

The crazy thing is that they are mostly rational people, but when it comes to politics they believe in fairytales?

I think people have become so lazy with politics that they put no more effort than just picking a team. Once they pick a team , than from that point on that team is always the right choice.

edit on 49831America/ChicagoTue, 25 Aug 2015 18:49:59 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: interupt42

The crazy thing is that they are mostly rational people, but when it comes to politics they believe in fairytales?

Santa, mostly.

Because the politicians promise to give them everything.

. . . . . . And they promise to call the next day. . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . And they said the check was in the mail. . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . And they said they'd *sob* respect me in the morning. . . . . . .

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Ok... Here is a crazy thought...

Since we have switched between the two parties off and on for decades... And look where we are at....

So my crazy idea... STOP VOTING FOR THOSE TWO PARTIES, people whine and complain but every election the majority still punch the ticket of an R or a D...

There are options... 7 million votes in a presidential election makes them an offical party that gets federal dollars going forward.

No, there really aren't options. Not with the way our current system works. It's why Sanders is running as a Democrat and why Ron Paul ran as a Republican. If you want to win you have to run as one or the other, they're too entrenched and there's no political will for the reforms necessary to undo it.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
nm
edit on 25-8-2015 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Did you know that if a third party gets 5% of the presidential vote. (roughly 7 million votes they become a recognized party that must be included in debates by law, and gets federal campaign money?)

The only wasted votes, are not voting, and voting for the lesser of two evils.

If you don't like the standard third party offerings, and you believe in the constitution check out the Veterans party of America.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Yes, I'm aware of that except I don't think it gets them into the debates. Either way, it doesn't matter because our presidential elections use a first past the post system rather than a simple majority which forces a 2 party system.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Great idea. Find me the candidate with a proven record of accomplishments on various levels of government (local, state, etc.), who has a platform not full of loony, extremist ideals. I haven't really found that person yet.

Right now, I'm a Bernie guy. Odds are, he won't get the nomination. The GOP has offered up a disgusting cesspool of candidates, none of whom would I vote for, even under duress.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Ah yes, listening to the right talk about Obama. THAT can't be biased in the least... /sarc

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Ah yes, listening to the right talk about Obama. THAT can't be biased in the least... /sarc

The Democrat election losses speak for themselves don't they.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join