It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting in France leaves three dead including toddler and four seriously injured

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

A shooting in northern France has claimed the lives of three people, including a toddler.

The attack, understood to be carried out in the traveller community of Roye, broke out at 4.30pm this afternoon.

Alongside those killed, four people have been seriously injured in the shooting.

Those injured have since been rushed by a helicopter to University Hospital of Amiens where they are receiving treatment.

Shooting in France leaves three dead including toddler and four seriously injured

Pic from scene:

I am going to guess this is terrorist related just because of the number of people injured and that it was right next to a police station....story is still breaking though....
edit on 8/25/15 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

understood to be carried out in the traveller community of Roye,

I'd say not terrorism but internal traveler feud.
Sad non the less with the death of an innocent child.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Well....two of those shot were police. It was right next to a police station so makes me think it was a targeted attack on anyone near the police station. Not sure who was shot first though....that would probably shed some light on the situation.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
just commenting so I can follow, nothing on my news yet, but I have only been home 10 mins. S&F

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Could also be related to all of the refugee turmoil that has been going on in FR lately.

Very sad, too bad those off duty airman weren't there to save the day again

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
In this report they are suggesting it is a criminal incident, NOT a terrorist attack.

www.independent.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978
In this report they are suggesting it is a criminal incident, NOT a terrorist attack.

Pretty sure they said the same thing about the shooter on the train the other day

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I'd be inclined to agree, feuds are rife among the travelling communities, and it's getting more violent here.

Looking again, I see the report is in the Irish Mirror, maybe there is a connection to the killings here over the last few years. Some of the travellers involved here had connections to groups in France.
edit on 25-8-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I'm sorry to hear that a child was killed. No matter what the reason for the feud, that is inexcusable.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Quick question for my European friends, sort of related. Is it now politically incorrect to call them Gypsies?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   
R.I.P. to those who lost their lives.
France certainly has had a pretty horrible time of late and whatever the reasons for this abomination, I am sure that the collective psyche just feels that bit less safe today.
My thoughts are with the victims' families.
Such a shame.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy
Quick question for my European friends, sort of related. Is it now politically incorrect to call them Gypsies?

If it is, then it has not been recognised where I live. We call them Gypsies, Pikeys, Gypo's, Didicoys.

But at the end of the day, lives have been lost and that is tragic.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

I certainly agree. It is tragic.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

How do all these shootings keep happening where guns are illegal?

This is definitely sad.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I'm sure most people using guns for criminal activitys are using guns brought on the black market.

However guns are not illegal in france..

In France, to buy a firearm, a hunting license or a shooting sport license is necessary. All semi-automatic rifles with a capacity greater than 3 rounds, all handguns and all rifles chambered in 'military' calibers, including bolt action, require permits. These are known as B1, B2 and B4 type permits. Firearms are divided into eight categories that determine the regulations that apply to their possession and use. France also sets limits on the number of cartridges that can be kept at home (1000 rounds per gun).

en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 25-8-2015 by kamatty because: Edited to make clearer

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

How do all these shootings keep happening where guns are illegal?
This is definitely sad.

It's a total tragedy, and sympathies for those who are left, but not all guns are illegal, however there's no telling as yet if the guns were held legally anyway, and is some ways does it matter if there is not enough scrutiny?
Thing is there is something going in the travelling community that's hard to fathom. Here we had a man shot dead at a wedding, it was an assassination, not some kind of row at the wedding.
Elsewhere there was another assassination and the man who died just had his first child born only hours earlier. If there is any symbolism involved, I don't know what it is...but it is pretty disgusting.
edit on 25-8-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
So everything now a days is terrorism? Hmm...

People really start needing to understand that term before throwing it around like a frisbee. It's almost getting as bad as people claiming rocks on Mars are alien artifacts.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

No, but when multiple people are killed and police officers are shot and it all happens next to a police station then terrorism is an obvious choice. Not hard to get that link when there have been multiple threats on police and military by terrorist factions, and plenty in France.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

is the story verified?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: dam00

originally posted by: Cobaltic1978

Pretty sure they said the same thing about the shooter on the train the other day

I'm pretty sure it's the opposite.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join