It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Appeal to separate chemtrails from geo-engineering

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I have asked this before, and been met with a basic "no" as the answer. But as time goes by, and this topic is hijacked and manipulated worse every day, having a place to conduct real conversations about real topics becomes a much needed thing. Outside of conspiracy circles, this topic isn't really known. Sure we hear all about AGW and Climate Change. But as soon as geo-engineering comes up, everyone tunes out due to the laughable chemtrail conspiracy.

This site is likely one of the few places to have somewhat good discussions on fringe topics. Most places either lack moderation to the point of pointlessness, or they are one-way moderated as to channel the discussion in only one direction.

Chemtrails are a big enough concern for there to be a large movement about it. Forgetting all about the stigma that exists with it's craziness, it will continue to be a topic of discussion.

But, geo-engineering is a completely different topic. It is very real, very much something that should be better understood and known by the general public. It is my opinion that if the forum was separated and members understood the difference in the forums, we might move towards a much better understanding of things that happen and may happen to our planet.

It is my hope that this will at the very least be discussed before it's shot down. I may be alone on this, but I don't believe that's the case.

Thanks for your consideration on the matter.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

flagged - and have to agree .

we have to be able to discuss rationally the merits and de-merits of science based climate engineering

WITHOUT the delusions of chemtrail idiots polluting every thread

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I am with you NetworkDude , but you know the critical thinker mind will find a reason to connect "Geo Engineering" with Chem trails .

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Thanks for the support. I certainly hope there is some discussion on this.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I just want to be clear , are you proposing a "Geo engineering forum "? or a sub category within the chemtrail forum ?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

I am with you NetworkDude , but you know the critical thinker mind will find a reason to connect "Geo Engineering" with Chem trails .

I think that is true. And sadly, because most don't know enough about geo-engineering to see that it's largely not about any of that stuff. That's why a separate forum might spread new (new to the member) information and enlightenment. There are some super intelligent people on this site that might contribute some amazing things to the discussion but never venture into the sub forum due to the bickering about who's less correct about being sprayed. If there was an intelligent conversation about real issues, and no need to devolve into chemtrail squabbles, I think it would make a lot of people better informed at the very least.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I just want to be clear , are you proposing a "Geo engineering forum "? or a sub category within the chemtrail forum ?

I think geo-engineering should be it's own forum, and chemtrails should also be it's own forum. So there is a clear separation of the two, just like in real life.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

now i vehemently disagree :

the un-evidenced delusions of chemtrail proponents should not deserve its own forum section

throw it all in skunkworks or gray area

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

It doesn't have to be agreed upon to have it's own forum. It just has to be a conspiracy. Or in this case, a perceived conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Some time ago i proposed the separation of 'Aliens' from 'UFOs',
and didn't any acknowledgement from the staff,
so i guess the best bet is to contact a moderator directly.
I do agree on this matter, chemtrails and geoengineering should be separated.
edit on 25-8-2015 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

flagged - and have to agree .

we have to be able to discuss rationally the merits and de-merits of science based climate engineering

WITHOUT the delusions of chemtrail idiots polluting every thread

That just sounds boring.

You wouldnt have anybody around to label as delusional and idiotic..

Unless, of course, you pulled your head out of your @ and looked in the mirror.

#modalert.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

What a nice contribution to the thread. And very mature considering.......

So you would be in fear of separate forums? Would the factual science involved in geo-engineering frighten you, or just the lack of chemtrail talk?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I think that is true. And sadly, because most don't know enough about geo-engineering to see that it's largely not about any of that stuff. That's why a separate forum might spread new (new to the member) information and enlightenment. There are some super intelligent people on this site that might contribute some amazing things to the discussion but never venture into the sub forum due to the bickering about who's less correct about being sprayed. If there was an intelligent conversation about real issues, and no need to devolve into chemtrail squabbles, I think it would make a lot of people better informed at the very least.

Yes I agree . It will be interesting to see where this goes . I am not to knowledgeable in the field of Geoengineering so it would be nice to learn from others in this area .

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

What a nice contribution to the thread. And very mature considering.......

So you would be in fear of separate forums? Would the factual science involved in geo-engineering frighten you, or just the lack of chemtrail talk?

My apologies, Dude. Monkey see, monkey do.

I fear science as much as you fear chemtrails.

To be honest, I could care less about the forum format. But, If Chemtrails were relegated to Skunkworks, then I would stick to that forum...I like to ponder conspiracies/alternate theories etc, whether theyre real/true or not. Nothing against the science that the debunker employs to debunk..

edit on 25-8-2015 by Tucket because: come clarity

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I don't think it should be dumped in skunk works. There are legitimate numbers of people (however misguided) that cling to this theory, so they need a place to spread their conspiracies just as others do.

I would just like it if the actual science end of this could be discussed in a real, rational format.

Oh, and I like conspiracies. I just don't believe in every one of them. (education ruined a few of them)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I would just like it if the actual science end of this could be discussed in a real, rational format.

Are you sure youre hanging out on the right website?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I bet I have learned more about real world things right here, than I ever did in school or any other classes I took.
Once you are willing to accept you may not be correct, you can learn some amazing things.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I do not think it matters one bit, threads will get derailed either way. Unfortunately, what some fail to realize about this matter is that geo-engineering and chemtrails go hand in hand.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: soulpowertothendegree

I do not think it matters one bit, threads will get derailed either way. Unfortunately, what some fail to realize about this matter is that geo-engineering and chemtrails go hand in hand.

Actually no, but you would have to fully understand geo-engineering to grasp that.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

You are wrong.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join