It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Is Toby Miles?; New Lois Lerner Secret Personal Email Account Discovered!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: introvert

Curiously, the Ways and Means Committee criminal referral mentioned the Toby Miles email address, identified as [email protected]. The address came to light because it was included on an email that also had Ms. Lerner’s official account on the chain of recipients.

An email sent to the msn.com address Monday night went unanswered.

At the time of the referral in April 2014, the committee linked the Toby Miles address to Ms. Lerner’s husband, Michael R. Miles, but said, “The source of the name ‘Toby‘ is not known.”

Your Source

I've not been able to find anything that says it has been proven she was using the account, let alone for official IRS business.

Does this help?

an attorney for the agency [IRS] admitted in a new court filing late yesterday that Lois Lerner used another personal e-mail account for official government business.

hotair.com...

Plus... The article ( washington times ) that you gave the member before had this line....

‘Toby Miles’ account linked to government business
right under the headline.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
A high-ranking government official using a personal e-mail account (Gmail) to conduct official government business...sounds sort of illegal.
Doesn't that potentially put peoples confidential personal and financial IRS information at risk?
I wonder if Lois Lerner might be in trouble.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Curiously, the Ways and Means Committee criminal referral mentioned the Toby Miles email address, identified as [email protected]. The address came to light because it was included on an email that also had Ms. Lerner’s official account on the chain of recipients.

At the time of the referral in April 2014, the committee linked the Toby Miles address to Ms. Lerner’s husband, Michael R. Miles, but said, “The source of the name ‘Toby‘ is not known.”

Your Source

I've not been able to find anything that says it has been proven she was using the account, let alone for official IRS business.

Does this help?

an attorney for the agency [IRS] admitted in a new court filing late yesterday that Lois Lerner used another personal e-mail account for official government business.

hotair.com...

Plus... The article ( washington times ) that you gave the member before had this line....

‘Toby Miles’ account linked to government business
right under the headline.

I know.
Call me a pushover, but I always try to be as helpful as possible.
edit on 25-8-2015 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   
More and more with three "secret" accounts now, this government is sort of torpedoing that most transparent administration ever claim ...

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:51 PM
link   

A high-ranking government official using a personal e-mail account (Gmail) to conduct official government business...sounds sort of illegal.
Doesn't that potentially put peoples confidential personal and financial IRS information at risk?

That and the fact that covert operatives (Like Congressman Cummings and his agents) could easily have access to and use those generic gmail accounts as part of the plan to keep sensitive and potentially illegal activity hidden.

All they needed was the account names and passwords.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

The only things transparent about this administration is it's incompetence and corruption.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

That and the fact that covert operatives (Like Congressman Cummings and his agents) could easily have access to and use those generic gmail accounts as part of the plan to keep sensitive and potentially illegal activity hidden.

All they needed was the account names and passwords.

Damn. THAT does make sense.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Your Source

Does this help?

hotair.com...

Not really. There are many sites that have made this claim, but it has been claimed that it was part of the Monday filing. Has anyone found that online yet?

Forgive me if I am being difficult. I like to see the actual evidence before I join the knee-jerk bandwagon. Too many times these claims are made and people end up having egg on their face because it was completely false.
edit on 25-8-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I remember people making claims that investigation of Hillary's private server was a 'witch hunt'.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Here is the filing:

pdf

In the process of preparing this status report and for the August 24, 2015, release of
Lerner communications, the undersigned attorneys learned that, in addition to emails to or from
an email account denominated “Lois G. Lerner” or “Lois Home,” some emails responsive to
Judicial Watch’s request may have been sent to or received from a personal email account
denominated “Toby Miles.” The undersigned attorneys contacted the Office of IRS Chief
Counsel, and IRS Chief Counsel attorneys informed the undersigned attorneys that these
denominations refer to a personal email account used by Lerner. (See Pl.’s Mot. for Status
Conf., 15 n.8 (Docket No. 20-2) (noting that the Congressional database includes documents that
Lerner’s attorneys provided from Lerner’s “personal home computer and email on her personal
email” account
(s)).)

Unless I am misreading this court filing, it says nothing about the personal email being used for official business.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Don't forget the famous Lois Lerner 5th Amendment pleadings.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk
a reply to: IAMTAT

The fact is nothing will come of this as long as the media continues to ignore it. The Democrat party and the press are pretty much one in the same.

Those Democrats over at Fox News won't touch this.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

some emails responsive to Judicial Watch’s request may have been sent to or received from a personal email account denominated “Toby Miles.”

It says it right there... doesn't it?
I don't think that Judicial Watch is asking for her personal emails that have nothing to do with the government... just the pertinent ones.

edit on b000000312015-08-25T15:25:59-05:0003America/ChicagoTue, 25 Aug 2015 15:25:59 -0500300000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I don't think that Judicial Watch is asking for her personal emails that have nothing to do with he government... just the pertinent ones.

It doesn't appear that they asked for personal emails, but may have received them.

noting that the Congressional database includes documents that
Lerner’s attorneys provided from Lerner’s “personal home computer and email on her personal
email” account

emails responsive to Judicial Watch’s request

I only have two years of studying law, and perhaps someone with a better knowledge can clarify, but to me this is saying that some of the emails sent to JW under the FOIA request were personal emails. That does not say the personal email was used to conduct official business.

edit on 25-8-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

That does not say the personal email was used to conduct official business. 

Why would her personal emails be provided to Judicial Watch if they did not fall under the scope of those requested?
IOW, they wouldn't provide her personal emails that have nothing to do with government business.
If some of her personal emails were provided to Judicial Watch, that means that she was using those emails for government business... because that is what they are requesting, not emails regarding her appointments with dog groomers.
edit on b000000312015-08-25T16:58:10-05:0004America/ChicagoTue, 25 Aug 2015 16:58:10 -0500400000015 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

I don't know. That's why I'm asking questions and trying to find out what's going on.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I don't know. That's why I'm asking questions and trying to find out what's going on.

That is exactly the right way to do it!
I have no argument with that at all.
I admit to being biased by Lois Lerner's previous actions... such as taking the 5th, and the fact that the IRS 'disappeared' her emails. Very shady stuff going on... IMHO.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Another bombshell !!

WASHINGTON

In a “serious risk” to national security, Hillary Clinton gave her State Department emails containing Top Secret and other classified information to her lawyer, who lacked sufficient clearances to possess it and who kept it for as long as eight months, the Republican Chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee charged Tuesday.

In a letter to her successor Secretary of State John Kerry, Sen. Chuck Grassley of Iowa said when she turned over thumb drives containing her official emails to her lawyer, “it appears Secretary Clinton sent (Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information) to an unauthorized person.”

GOP senator accuses Clinton of improperly passing state secrets to her lawyer

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Donald Trump should put up a reward for information leading
to the person giving Lois Lerner her orders.

ETA: totally serious, if Donald is going to make America Great Again,
he needs to start with routing out the saboteurs.

edit on 26-8-2015 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Until this thread I had no idea who Lois Lerner was. Whenever at Planet Fitness ( only time I will even see Main stream news ). I see nothing aside from what Obama is doing, Hilary scandal or something Donald trump states. I'm honestly not as shocked now after reading over a few paragraphs of this; it seems like over the past few months scandal after scandal has been going on. Granted some were not as high as those in an office, but this year has just been rather high. I am rather curious how this all will pan out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join