It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could this footage captured in 2008 show Bigfoot?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
It appears there are instructions on the internet titled:-

How to photograph Bigfoot using a potato

and then people are following the instructions and posting the results on YouTube.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Gravelbone

I tend to agree. Thanks for the contribution

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

Some of the photos may be excused as being taken by hoaxers. True enough.

But they might also be forgiven if they're a bit shocked by seeing a creature out of legend and are busily saying WTF is that?

My sighting for example, or the last one anyway, I was utterly stunned, and terrified, and completely forgot the camera I had in the glove compartment of my car... Cheap disposable, but if I'd had it to hand/remembered it? Who knows what I might have captured on film...given how I reacted? Blobsquatch is my guess...

No, blurry photos aren't really all that surprising really, since the vast majority of sighting come as complete shocks to the poor so and so who sees it.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Edited as im not sure if we can name other members , but hey it was my first thought .

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I generally find personal reports way more interesting than those coming out of the bigfoot hunter community. Those guys are notoriously riddled with hoaxers.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
So the guy sells stock footage - then why is his footage so crappy?
Also anyone who's a 'Bigfoot Hunter' and releases footage sets off alarm bells.
It's one of those conspiracies I like to follow but there is literally zero evidence for and every time a fiber is found or some real evidence, and the people who got said tuft of hair are adamant it was a sasquatch or ape man - it turns outto be a yak hair or reindeer or whatever.

People see all kinds of things, doesn't make it reality - only their reality.
Which I suppose is the only reality that matters to the individual.
edit on 26-8-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

You've actually seen a Sasquatch?

Link to thread please.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Agreed.

It sounds odd when someone such as myself is skeptical. I've seen the beastie, I know he's out there knockin' around the woods...

But so many of these "hunters" seem to trip over Sasquatch everytime they go out...

This film, as a prime example... A "bigfoot" just sittin' there while someone stomps up behind him filming, without even looking? Please...

The legends and stories of Sasquatch show it to be intelligent, and shy...not to mention dangerous. This film shows something totally reversed of that behavior. Mine saw me, I saw it, and it left...so did I, rapidly as my car would take me.

I'm partial to hoax, personally.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

Here you go.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:41 AM
link   

It's one of those cognitive dissonance things for me. There's no way a flesh and blood critter could be loping around and then people have reported seeing them for decades.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Stories, and legends go back to long before white folk arrived on the scene.

I don't know what it is, don't claim to. I just know that it is something. I investigated as best I could, used my own experiences in the woods (several decades worth) with various other known critters and none explained it. I'm left with the, in your opinion, the impossible as unlikely as it may be to you...

It's a mystery, and I'm going to leave it that way.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:00 AM
link   

I have a high tolerance for ambiguity and can believe bigfoots don't exist whilst believing people encounter them.

Most people prefer either/or and life isn't always that simple.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Hmm...

That's certainly a different way of looking at it...

...and I can certainly respect it.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyeddie68

originally posted by: 3danimator2014
I cant believe there are people who think bigfoor is real
You do realize there are very respectable members here that have seen Sasquatch in the flesh.If you don't believe, that's up to you,but I believe these folks saw what they say they saw.

That being said,I say this being released by MK Davis should send up a red flag ,IMO.He did some good work with the PG film,but took a weird turn claiming massacres and whatnot.

And yet...in 2015, a huge man like creature has gone unoticed in the middle of civilised US of A even though he seems to roam around at all hours.

I dont care how respectable the members who have claimed to see him are...the whole thing is beyond silly in my opinion.

Ill say it again...i cant believe that in 2015 there are still people who believe in bigfoot.und in the middle of the

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

And yet...in 2015, a huge man like creature has gone unoticed in the middle of civilised US of A even though he seems to roam around at all hours.

I dont care how respectable the members who have claimed to see him are...the whole thing is beyond silly in my opinion.

Ill say it again...i cant believe that in 2015 there are still people who believe in bigfoot.und in the middle of the

I don't know if silly is the right word but I don't think it's grounded in reality - however, what is reality?
Most of these tales and legends and myths come from people who were hugely in tune with and in awe of, nature and animals.
I mean were there really bird and dog-headed people in Egypt - no.
There are countless tales and stories and myths of weird creatures and amazing animals, from giant to supernatural in nature - they're fascinating because of the oral tradition of passing on such stories but they're not particularly grounded in reality and most of them are symbolic in nature, not to be taken literally.

But we're on ATS so these topics are still fascinating anyway.
edit on 26-8-2015 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: stargatetravels

I don't know if silly is the right word but I don't think it's grounded in reality - however, what is reality?
Most of these tales and legends and myths come from people who were hugely in tune with and in awe of, nature and animals.
I mean were there really bird and dog-headed people in Egypt - no.
There are countless tales and stories and myths of weird creatures and amazing animals, from giant to supernatural in nature - they're fascinating because of the oral tradition of passing on such stories but they're not particularly grounded in reality and most of them are symbolic in nature, not to be taken literally.

But we're on ATS so these topics are still fascinating anyway.

Sure, but some rednecks supposedly spotting bigfoot while probably drunk isnt even comparable to egyptian mythology and gods. Tell you what, if anyone of these so called bigfoot hunters builds a pyramid then ill take their claim of bigfoot SLIGHTLY mor seriously.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
I don't believe there are any flesh and blood bigfoots out there so I'm obviously doubting that this is one. It looks like a chimpanzee with a small towel to me - unlikely in the US! On the other hand, maybe it's a person who has stopped for a little wash and a freshen up?

Raccoons are also known to wash their hands. Although I suspect that this is just some wind-blown foliage that happens to resemble a sitting monkey with a towel.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
It's one of those cognitive dissonance things for me. There's no way a flesh and blood critter could be loping around and then people have reported seeing them for decades.

I know what you mean. I'm attracted to the idea of Bigfoot, without being convinced that they actually exist. I remember seeing some expert on TV, some kind of social anthropologist, I think, who said that people see Bigfoots because our brains are wired to see them.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Ha ha - indeed, I think we all would.
The thing is these sightings go back further than rednecks to native people seeing wild-men and giants.
Most of the Squatch sightings are concentrated around the Pacific northwest but in every continent there are sightings of wildmen and giants and such - it's just part of our folklore.

People see what they want to see and these stories are entertaining and also financially rewarding.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Here are some of the "Bigfoots" out there.

North American

The Dewey Lake Monster - 1964 Michigan Bigfoot
Fouke Monster - Arkansas Bigfoot
Grassman - Ohio's Bigfoot
Honey Island Swamp monster - Louisiana's
Lake Worth Monster – Texan Bigfoot
Mogollon Monster - Arizona's Bigfoot
Momo the Monster - Missouri's Bigfoot
Old Yellow Top - Ontario's Bigfoot
Skookum – Pacific NW Bigfoot
Skunk ape - Florida's Bigfoot
Tsul 'Kalu – Cherokee's Bigfoot
Urayuli - Bigfoot of SW Alaska
Wendigo - Algonquin etc. cannibal monster
Wild Man of the Navidad - Human mistaken as critter

Elsewhere

Almas (cryptozoology) - Central Asian
Am Fear Liath Mòr - Scottish
Barmanou - Afghani & Pakistani
Batutut - Indochina's
Bukit Timah Monkey Man - Singapore's
Chuchunya - Siberia's
Hibagon – Japan's
Homo gardarensis - Greenland's
Mande Barung - NE India's
Maricoxi - South America's
Minnesota Iceman
Moehau New Zealand's
Orang Mawas - Malysia's
Orang Pendek - Indonesia's
Shug Monkey - British, local area
Yeren – China's
Yeti – Himalayan
Yowie – Australia's

en.wikipedia.org...

You'll find a similar number (if not greater number) for lake monsters, flying monsters and who knows what else.
I think it's pretty much all nonsense but there's still a desire in me to be proved wrong.

Loch Ness and Bigfoot are two of the most stupid topics on ATS but funnily enough, two of the most plausible and would be far more believable than much of the nonsense on here.

Funny that.

I could easily believe that some left over Neaderthals were roaming around or some undiscovered species.... or that a few random types of amphibious creatures were living in the depths of Loch Ness or Okanagan Lake and using inlets to get around etc or whatever.

But you kind of have to go with the evidence really.

It's nice that a small piece of us wants these things to be true, we need these stories and tales... they inspire and excite us.
But as others have said, I'm not sure they're really based in reality.
edit on 26/8/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3 >>

join