It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS has no record of State Dept. giving info for Clinton server audit, despite rules

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

The State Department does not appear to have submitted legally required information regarding Hillary Clinton's secret computer server to the Department of Homeland Security during her term as secretary, FoxNews.com has learned.

All federal government agencies are mandated to submit a list of systems, vulnerabilities and configuration issues to DHS every 30 days. The department then performs a "cyberscope audit" to ensure security, a responsibility the agency has had since 2010.

...It is not clear if State Department officials in charge of compliance with the DHS audits knew of their boss's server, which has been shown to have included "top secret" information in emails.

The rabbit hole just keeps on getting deeper...it is now seems that Hillary contravened long-standing regulations designed to ensure that all computer systems containing sensitive information were continuously monitored, to ensure they were secure.

The DHS established the "Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation" program in 2010, amid growing concerns government systems could be vulnerable to cyber attack. But Clinton's computer server, through which she and key aides sent and received tens of thousands of emails, was apparently never audited, according to DHS, which conducted a comprehensive search of Office of Cyber Security and Communications records

But, the Company she and Bill chose to manage the sensitive data on on this undeclared and at-risk platform...surely they were a top-notch, fully mandated/authorized outfit. Um...not so much.

Denver-based Platte River Networks upgraded and maintained the server Clinton shares with her husband, former President Bill Clinton, after she left the State Department.

The company is not on the list of contractors approved by the Pentagon's Defense Security Service, the only federal agency with the authority to review and approve private contractors. The department administers the National Industrial Security Program on behalf of the Pentagon and 30 other federal agencies, including the State Department. About 13,000 companies have received clearance. "But Platte River is not one of them,"

Of course, Hillary is the leading candidate for the Democratic nomination for the Presidency. Given that she was operating outside of the DHS apparatus designed to keep data secure...and had handed the responsibility for the management of data over to an unauthorized private contractor...she must have at least made sure that she and her staff were using Government-issue "hardened" mobile phones.

Right? Wrong...

The State Department asserted in a court filing that it did not give personal electronic devices to Clinton and may have destroyed the smartphones of her top aides, Huma Abedin and Cheryl Mills.

"If the State Department was not providing secure email devices to Mrs. Clinton, who was? Best Buy? Target? Mrs. Clinton clearly did whatever she wanted, without regard to national security or federal records keeping laws," said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton

Hilla ry Clinton Email Scandal Deepens

I cannot conceive of any way that Clinton's candidacy is going to be able to survive this scandal...as more and more details come to light about the completely incompetent manner in which she handled extremely sensitive - and yes, Classified - Government correspondence as Secretary of State.

All that remains to be seen, in my view, is whether she will escape criminal charges for her misconduct.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:18 AM
link   

I cannot conceive of any way that Clinton's candidacy is going to be able to survive this scandal..

I've said this before and I'll say it again - You seriously underestimate the stupidity of the American people. They will believe what the TV tells them to believe and vote for her anyway. She can stonewall and lie to their faces and they will eat it up. Look here on ATS and you will still find folks saying it's all a scam by the GOP to make her look bad and that she'll come through this with flying colors.
Don't count her out just yet.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Yes..I think you are right. She most likely will get the democratic nomination...(wag the dog) is working hard for her right now.

FYi: (Wag the Dog) meaning for those who may not know...www.usingenglish.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

So lets break this down so it's really simple.

If you were the Secretary of State of the United States of America and you own a private server at home that contains all of your government emails and other classified top secret information (in keeping with your security clearance granted to you)AND you knew that as the Secretary of State, you had a legal requirement to tell the DHS that you have a private server - would you forget to tell them?

I wouldn't - in fact it would be right up there with oxygen, water, food and having shelter as probably THE NEXT MOST IMPORTANT THING ON MY MIND!!!!!

The only reason that makes sense, is that as Secretary of State, she did not want to tell the DHS about her own private server because she does not want them to know what was on it.

Either that or she is extremely stupid, naive and in no way capable of being a public servant, not to mention POTUS.

She is either very cunning and deceptive or very stupid - there are no shades of grey here folks.

In any case - she should be stood down and fully investigated and if found guilty of negligence towards her job description, jailed for her crimes.

BUT - as DAVID64 pointed out in his post above - this is irrelevant information - she is part of a political dynastic bloodline whose nefarious underworld dealings are the things of Legend and the TV will tell generation-Idiocracy what to think and who to vote for - this will be forgotten a week after the latest dumbphone is released.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

She is either very cunning and deceptive or very stupid - there are no shades of grey here folks.

I would add one more option.
She is showing arrogance which knows no bounds.

I think she considers herself above all laws.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64

I cannot conceive of any way that Clinton's candidacy is going to be able to survive this scandal..

I've said this before and I'll say it again - You seriously underestimate the stupidity of the American people. They will believe what the TV tells them to believe and vote for her anyway. She can stonewall and lie to their faces and they will eat it up. Look here on ATS and you will still find folks saying it's all a scam by the GOP to make her look bad and that she'll come through this with flying colors.

Except that:

1) The media...even the liberal media...is beginning to turn against her. This began with her ludicrous literal "roping off" of access by the media as she did show-strolls. She has refused all but two requests for one-on-one broadcast interviews (Trump is doing about ten a day), which is frustrating the entire TV journalistic throng - and is now getting testy with the media during her infrequent scrums. "The TV" is starting to tell people that she can't be trusted...

2) With Biden getting a (very public) private audience with Elizabeth Warren, followed by Obama's "blessing" to run for President...we are almost certainly going to see his hat floating into the ring any day now. And good ol' Joe would not be getting into this race, at this stage of the game, if he did not have a very strong indication that Clinton was about to get thrown under the bus by the FBI and Obama's Justice Department (which I suspect was a subject of discussion at the Biden/Obama private lunch).

When the roof finally caves in on Hillary, "the TV" will turn on her like sharks on chum...and they will then happily sing the praises of the new heir apparent/presumptive favourite; Mr.Biden.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

She will skate.
edit on 25-8-2015 by HUMBLEONE because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:21 PM
link   
If you wanted to sell or give information to somebody or some government without actually putting yourself in a position to be charged with espionage, all you would have to do is make it easy for them to hack your server.

Now they have the info, your foundation gets donations from said entity, and you now have plausible deniability. I continue to be reminded of Bill's Chinagate controversy.

Why, oh why, did Obama fail to appoint the requisite IG for the State Dept. during her tenure!? And why were there other failures to monitor and secure State security? Obama should be investigated right along with the Clintons, imo.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Bingo !!

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:54 PM
link   

If Hillary gets out of this, it will be because of how much Benghazi was pushed without justification. One can only cry wolf so many times before the public just ignores it.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Why, oh why, did Obama fail to appoint the requisite IG for the State Dept. during her tenure!? And why were there other failures to monitor and secure State security? Obama should be investigated right along with the Clintons, imo.

Hillary was essentially co president during those 4 years, she had no oversight and for the most part had no boss. If it could be placed under the jurisdiction of the state department she had the final say on it.

That was the price of getting her out of the primary in 2007.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
So if she doesn't "get out of this", it might mean Benghazi was mostly her boondoggle?

No. If she doesn't get out of this, it will be because she is guilty and there are no mitigating circumstances she can use to avoid jail. The most likely outcome here is that her campaign will be sunk, there will be a lot of legal magic done to delay a trial, and Obama will pardon her sometime after the election but before he's out of office.

She will not see a day of jail (nor should she, that's a bad path to go down), and she will not stand trial.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

It becomes more and more obvious, what Clinton did was not just haphazard, laxed miss, but a pre-meditated, purposeful plan to create a solution, where government information would be out of the goverment controls, and ultimately under her discretion to decide how to handle it.

The security aspects - were not the priority. The top priority was control.

This is so big, and dwarfes completely the Petraeus thing. And for the same reason, she will walk off from it, as if it never happened.

top topics

join