It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Back to Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I have to go back to Iraq. It is supposed to be TDY but we shall see what one month really turns into. I no longer have my sat phone so I do not know what the chances are of loging on to ATS for awhile will be. In any case I hope it is not any longer than a couple of weeks away.

I just want to thank all the members and Mod's on ATS. I have learned a tremendous amount. May ( insert your god or whatever here ) find you with a joyous and safe new year.

Good luck to all.

John

Now where did I put my diddy bag..............

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
good luck and make sure you come back

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Good Luck

and THANK - YOU !

I wish that you didn't have to go, I really do.. I pray for your safe return home.

I pray for comfort for your friends and family while you're gone.

God Bless.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Man, you know it isn't going to be a month right?

Good luck, stay safe, and remember....never share a foxhole with anyone braver than you...

Hey, if you U2U me with some mailing info, I'll see if I can get your unit on our list. The company I work for has quite a concerted effort to send goodies to the troops. No promises, but I'll submit it to the powers that be. Most shipments include some excellent baked goods too judging by the troop feedback.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by just_a_pilot
I have to go back to Iraq. It is supposed to be TDY but we shall see what one month really turns into. I no longer have my sat phone so I do not know what the chances are of loging on to ATS for awhile will be. In any case I hope it is not any longer than a couple of weeks away.
John
Now where did I put my diddy bag..............

There is limited access as I understand it. My nephew uses email from several cities, so you probably can do some surfing, but I am not sure. One would think there are tons in line wanting to email family versus surfing.

If ya see Osma or his friends give them a hello from me with your guns.

Stay safe and out of harms way.

God Bless

[edit on 12/30/2004 by shots]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
stay safe and return home soon.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Cya man i wish you luck and a safe trip back and forth we will be here to see whats up over there

[edit on 30-12-2004 by ShadowMan]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Good luck and i wish you a safe journey through out your time there,

Will keep you in our thoughts and wait for your return to ATS,

See you soon,

Asala

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Good luck and God-speed in your safe return home.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Good luck, stay safe and watch your back John. Or should that be watch your Six?

[edit on 30-12-2004 by Janus]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I have a pen which is blue, I have a friend which is you. Flowers will die, waters will dry, but our friendship will never say goodbye

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
as you can tell we will all be thinking of you -- will be anxiously looking for your "I'm back" post.

May the angels keep you in the palm of their hand and keep you safe...

jm

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Come home safe and bring the others with you! I will miss your posts.

God Bless

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I am packed up now. I have been in Desert Storm, Afghanistan and Central America ( drug war ). I was never worried before. Last year I wasn't worried standing on an M1 A1 so the guys could call home on my sat phone.

Now Im scared. I will fight and die for the U.S.A. No questions at all.
This for some reason makes my skin crawl. I have the heebee jeebies.

Believe me, as a combat controler, every strike I call will have OBL in my sights. I want him dead.

To anyone who lost anything in the Tsunami. ............ I am not religous.......but may God bless you.

I really do not know how to say how much I enjoy ATS. The only thing I can think of is that I love all of you.

That is a fact.

John

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 01:46 AM
link   
John, take good care of yourself over there! Watch out for those damned TCNs, you know how they are
. Have a safe trip back to us brother, and good luck on your TDY or PCS whichever it turns out to be, you will be in my prayers.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
To you sir....
Being former military myself, I also wish you Godspeed. My very best wishes go out to you, just_a_pilot.
You will be in our hearts and prayers.
As for your time here within ATS, we will be looking forward to your return and continued participation in the future.
I hope that your family will be comforted during your time there, but most of all, I hope that you will find comfort.
God Bless.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I wish you all the luck and saftey the good Lord can afford any one man. Please watch your back, and keep your eyes peeled for anything. Good Luck

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Im pretty much new here, but from reading this thread i wish you the best of luck out there.

My friend is an engineer for the british army, and some of the stories he tells me about the combat soldiers lives out there are pretty grim.

Good Luck

new topics

top topics

join