It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edinburgh Fringe: funniest joke announced

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Judges at the Edinburgh Fringe comedy and arts festival have announced this years funniest joke of the event along with the top 10 jokes of the festival.
As usual I disagree with the judges but congratulations to comedian Darren Walsh who took the top spot with ....
"I just deleted all the German names off my phone. It's Hans free."

The runners up were...

2.."Kim Kardashian is saddled with a huge arse ... but enough about Kanye West" - Stewart Francis

3.."Surely every car is a people carrier?" - Adam Hess

4.."What's the difference between a 'hippo' and a 'Zippo'? One is really heavy, the other is a little lighter" - Masai Graham

5.."If I could take just one thing to a desert island I probably wouldn't go" - Dave Green

6.."Jesus fed 5,000 people with two fishes and a loaf of bread. That's not a miracle. That's tapas" - Mark Nelson

7.."Red sky at night. Shepherd's delight. Blue sky at night. Day" - Tom Parry

8.."The first time I met my wife, I knew she was a keeper. She was wearing massive gloves" - Alun Cochrane

9.."Clowns divorce. Custardy battle" - Simon Munnery

10.."They're always telling me to live my dreams. But I don't want to be naked in an exam I haven't revised for..." - Grace The Child

I think my favourite is either 4 or 8.

www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 25-8-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

(post by PickledOnion removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Gotta say #2 is my favorite, but 4 is pretty good too. I like it that they're one liners. Most comedians have lost the art of the zinger.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Whats that about the winner? I don't Gerd that.. No, seriously, just whats the Klaus?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

What is it they say about Germans and sense of humour ?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I don't get 3 or 8. I'm telling myself its because I'm an American and you guys have weird humor and it has nothing to do with my level of intelligence.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

I thought 8 might cause a problem , it's a reference to goalkeepers in football (soccer) , they wear large gloves and are known as keepers.

A people carrier is what you guys call an SUV.

edit on 26-8-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

top topics

join