It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pat Robertson: 'Financial System' Slump Is God's Judgment For Abortion

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

www.youtube.com...

Quoting Pat Robertson in the above video:

"If we were to stop, stop all this slaughter (e.g. abortion), the judgment of God might be lifted from us. But, it's coming ladies and gentlemen. We just have a little taste of it in terms of the financial system but it's going to get shaken to its core in the next few months, years, or however long it takes."

I can't believe that someone would be brazen enough to go on national television and claim that the little recent stock market correction was caused by 'God' as some kind of punishment to the nation! That's insane in itself. Then, he goes on to claim that he knows why 'God' has done it, it's part of the judgment of 'God' for abortions in America!

If I were the 'God' of the universe that would insult me. The idea that this little blip of a correction in the stock market is significant at all is asinine. To call it punishing a nation for supposed 'murder' is off the charts lunacy. A little stock market correction is literally nothing in the grand scheme of things. If this doesn't prove to EVERYONE that Pat Robertson is out of his mind completely, I don't know what it would take.

But, I'm sure Pat Robertson will lose no viewers over this goofball theory. It's probably what almost all of his viewers WANT TO HEAR. So, whether it makes no sense or whether it even proves that he's nuts is inconsequential to his audience.

edit on 25-8-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

Therefore the curse of a financial crisis is now upon the global money market because Gods pissed at the US abortion rate?

That literally makes no sense.

Go home Paddy - you're drunk.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
I wonder if ole Pat is aware that the land of Gods chosen people, who he feels we should protect at all costs, has far more liberal abortion laws that the most left leaning states in our union? As far as he is concerned Israel can do NO wrong yet it's far easier to get an abortion there and much later in a pregnancy and it's all paid for by the state.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Hey patty boy, what immoral laws have we non US citizens passed that will all face the same wrath.

Last I checked, my country just done away with deathy penalty.

Why or why?

Peace

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
I blame it on gake.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Didn't jeebus denounce the central banking game by flipping tables?

It's literally mathematically impossible for fiat currency NOT to fail, it's going to happen sooner or later... so lets apply it to something entirely unrelated.

I say the inevitable collapse is the FSMs punishment for our society not doing something about this sort of rampant idiocy.
Sure, why not.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   
This is one of the many things that drove me away from organized religion. Stub your toe? God's pissed at you. Have an accident? God is punishing you for [ insert something ]. Have a bad day? You're not "in the spirit" and till you "get right with God" your life will stay that way.
No matter what happens, they find some way to connect it to God and say He is punishing you. I can't even watch the video, because I know he's making some roundabout point and connecting dots that aren't even there.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: InnerPeace2012

"Erm......uh......harumph.......Ask Gawud to forgive you because" ...insert 20 minute rambling sermon that never answers your question.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I guess to the Capitalistic Christian god, correcting the economy would be a nice punishment for something, though I find it unlikely that the Christian god the rest of the world worships would even CARE about our economy. What's that bible passage about a rich man getting into heaven?

Matthew 19:24 "Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

Yeah, that's the one.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
Matthew 19:24 "Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."Yeah, that's the one.

The conversion rate is better in Hell anyway, my dollar will go further.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

If I send him money will the judgment be lifted then?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

That just brings me back to my point about Israel. Clearly this pissy and angry god is the OT god and not the Jesus god that you just quoted so why do they get a free pass and 'Murica gots to suffer? C'mon Pat...what gives?!?!

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Don't tell God this, but abortions have been legal in America since way back in 1973. Or maybe he knew that, and he's just been keeping us in suspense for 42 years. Well played, God... well played.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Rabbi Johnathon Cahn has said the exact same thing for the past two years.

When this all goes down soon you will understand. The SCOTS abortion ruling will bite America big time.

Read "The Harbinger" by Cahn.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

I'm not sure what's worse, that Pat thinks the Christian god gives a damn about the wealth of a bunch of rich people or that I know the bible better than he does?
edit on 25-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I'm not sure he knows it at all. He's just got "biblical billet points" written down on a stack of 3x5 index cards, devoid of all context but that's OK because his supporters and donors don't bother to read it either. They're barely a step up from the likes of WBC or Scientologists.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Pat Robertson lost his marbles a long time ago. I literally take nothing he says seriously.

As for God causing this financial slump, that's just dumb. Why would God care about central banking, financial speculators, and a financial system built on interest & usury? This global financial system has nothing to do with God at all.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:37 AM
link   

I don't know how these idiots get people to follow their BS. To think he was once a presidential candidate. ...He had a strong second-place finish in the Iowa and Minnesota caucuses and in the South Dakota primary in '88. That doesn't give me much faith in the mentality of some American voters.

Just Google "Crazy Pat Robertson Quotes" and you'll get a feel for how mentally deficient this guy really is!

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Granite

The SCOTUS abortion ruling happened in 1973. If god is going to make us pay for that, he better get started otherwise the generation that legalized it will die off naturally first.
edit on 25-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Granite

The SCOTUS abortion ruling happened in 1973. If god is going to make us pay for that, he better get started otherwise the generation that legalized it will die off naturally first.

Remember these words when the tsumai of judgement SOON rains-down "we told you so"

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join