It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Warning .... A Buying Opportunity is Looming on the horizon !

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 04:41 PM
Buying on the next dip.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:10 PM
a reply to: smirkley

Good luck, hope it works out.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 06:54 PM
Thanks. I hope for some good.

Ya know, I look at my posts in this thread and I realize I may be coming across as some highly successful investment knowitall.

This is far from the truth, and even though I do enjoy reading and researching the investment world, I have been broke more than once. Most recently in 2004 or 5, I was on top of my game. By 2005 or 2006, I was dirtbag broke, damn near homeless, my career in shreds, and had my last 20 bucks robbed from me shortly after moving to Detroit. It has been a hard road back. But it is a road I will always face.

What bothered me most was all the brokers and money people dont have any problem stomping on others.

That is why I made this thread. A market crash is nothing to run from. Contrary actually. Embrace the opportunity.

The market crash in 2007 and 2008 was my opportunity. And it paid off for me. That was when I realized the scope of opportunities out there. I had nothing to fear going in. It made sense.

edit on 31-8-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:21 PM

All good, if you're an outsider ((average person) and can navigate the crazy to make money when things are up and down. Great.

And yes being poor..working up, or having, then losing, then having money again gives you a new perspective. Hope it works out for you and all invested members on the board
edit on 31-8-2015 by Reallyfolks because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 07:26 PM
a reply to: Reallyfolks

Lol, yes you tend to understand the value of a buck,... when you dont have one. It never leaves you either.

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 05:39 PM

originally posted by: smirkley
Buying on the next dip.

And sold on the spike.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 03:57 PM
Well, week ending today...

Three trades in, three trades out.

Missed my sell mark on one trade due to work scheduling,

and took a total loss of 0.23% for the week.

Zero commission paid.
Tax liability zero.

Not bad for a choppy September in the midst of a technical correction.

Looking forward to Monday.
edit on 11-9-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:01 PM
So what should i put my nuts on.?

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:11 PM
a reply to: Soloprotocol
A hot iron fresh off the stove.

posted on Sep, 11 2015 @ 04:13 PM
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Right now I am putting my money on DIA, SPY, and QQQ using my Robinhood account.

I prefer to aim on the broader markets and not individual companies. Come monday I will wait for a dip thru Wednesday, and if none, I will buy on the following Monday if the dip happens by Friday.

Edit to add, there is a nice trendline building, but I am not fully comfortable with that yet.
edit on 11-9-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2015 @ 01:47 AM
Up 1.7% this month.

Could change, hopefully positive by months end again.

A big chunk of that was off of Yahoo.
edit on 13-10-2015 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2015 @ 09:49 PM
While people are burying gold in their yards, my money is working for me.

So far this month I am up almost 4%. GM rewarded me with 5% alone, just today.

Money is being made during these scary times. But I do not trade on fear. You shouldnt either.

Emotions have no place here.

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:24 AM
Think I am done for the week. Sure I might have left some money at the table, but with a 4.14% return this month, I have folded my holdings in Robinhood, and I stand pat for now.

GM was this months big performer for me with almost 8% this month, but I got a sense the market was taking some back.

Total fees this week paid: $0.06 usd.

I think I will see how I feel over the weekend to see what play I will make next week, if I do. But I am pleased with this month.

***hoping for some good fear on the news***

posted on Nov, 13 2015 @ 12:50 PM
Kinda got snookered this month. Bailed out at a 2 percent loss. Plus my Tesla pick took a turn I should have been aware of.

I can live with that. The market is too screwy and emotional waiting for the next Fed meeting in December. Likely will wait till after to get some safety.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:33 PM
Today is exactly what I have been waiting for.

The dip was irrational and emotional.

And I am buying on this dip. It might take a week or two for the markets to correct the over reaction, and my aim is to capture the dip and buy undervalued performers.

Year end (partial) provided me almost 3% overall return. Today I took a 5% hit. I am ok with that. I plan on making it up this month and then some.

But it is a rare event to buy on a significant dip, and today is my opportunity.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 01:40 AM
Did some buying. Tomorrow is gonna be another gut wrench day for the weak. Still looking for bargains.

The washout might take longer than expected. Reminds me of 07, 08.

But when it recovered Is when I cleaned up. Gonna be a tough January. I am going to hang tough for the long run.

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 05:52 PM
Well we are officially in correction territory. 10% from highs.

I am playing on volatility. We will see how long this lasts

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 06:04 PM

originally posted by: pfishy

Well, thank goodness I intend to just work until I drop dead.

Yes we haven't got over the crash of 1998 , or the one in 2008 yet, After the 98 one, full time jobs went down to part time, after the 08 one, those jobs went down to a contract with no guaranteed hours. The middle class that spend is actually contracting as we speak, and all those with any assets are protecting them in ways that don't involve job creation. I don't think the jails will cope if theirs another one.

Where I live I have noticed more and more cars parked outside houses on the street, as more and more people are living in said house, to share the rent cost, as the landlord has put the Ponzi house prices up to market value. At some stage they will cry enough!

posted on Jan, 7 2016 @ 11:46 PM
I'm certainly not buying or selling right now. Market is off limits.

My monies is in savings and my next purchases will be tax sales of properties at the local county courthouse. There's a few struck off on the current list that looks appealing, but I'd rather wait out some good sells at the auctions.

It amazes me how much research you can do online without having to go in person, or over the phone like in the recent past.

I plan on banking a hell of a lot off other people's misfortune in the coming years. Yep, that's how it works.. and I'm not going to deny it.
edit on 7-1-2016 by pl3bscheese because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 8 2016 @ 01:44 AM
Smart money doesn't consider it taking advantage. If you dont someone else will.
edit on 8-1-2016 by smirkley because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>